Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

We troll them,we abuse and curse them,but i actually feel bad for the Trickstar/505!They have totally lost it all.Sorry #Ashes13.You will never come out!:(

Im sorry....but didnt they call it onto themselves???

Speaking of AC13, Colin were you able to get in touch with Chief? I have to wonder what game did Chief really play when he claimed to have played the game :rolleyes My money is on Stick cricket :p

The worst part for them is the stature of ba cricket which is growing day by day making ac13 more dwarf.

Like I said the other week, 505 games are probably more interested in promoting Payday 2 rather than Ashes.

BigAnt absolutely demolished Ashes today with their gameplay video!

Like I said the other week, 505 games are probably more interested in promoting Payday 2 rather than Ashes.

BigAnt absolutely demolished Ashes today with their gameplay video!

Can you blame them? They thought of cashing on Ashes brand in a year with 2 back-to-back Ashes series, but they didn't account for competition from Big Ant. Their tactics were apparent from the lack of any new features - it was as if this was AC09 all over again and the only way you could describe it is "cash grab"!!!

Thanks to Big Ant else we would have been playing the same old shyte with promises of additional features like career mode, DRS etc. in the next release :rolleyes Now they know they can't compete with BAC 14 and are cutting their losses and focusing on other titles.

We troll them,we abuse and curse them,but i actually feel bad for the Trickstar/505!They have totally lost it all.Sorry #Ashes13.You will never come out!:(

That may actually be the reason for them not to communicate with the potential customers. I feel bad too. The abuse has been too much to take. But Trickstar/505 brought it all on themselves.

I would feel sorry for them too if it were not for the fact that they knew what they were doing. Theirs was an orchestrated plan to sell on license alone, that is still their plan.

I was very open about our development, they knew our plans and came after us, I have a team to keep employed and protect, hence I have a take no prisoners attitude with this game.

Last edited:
I have been trying to be nice to them but to be honest I give up, just cancel the game and then focus on bigant alone. They will need a miracle to get back to say 4 months ago now. PS I guess for the next month or so ross you just move forward and watch them with a close eye just incase they try to release next month or so to try to get some of the market. They do not deserve anything at the moment.:mad

Theirs was an orchestrated plan to sell on license alone, that is still their plan.

Do licensed players matter when there is a player editor? At the best its just going to save a little time for people, who would be editing eight or more teams, by excluding English & Australian teams from that effort.

For me only thing the license is worth is getting the authentic stadiums. Unfortunately that too is limited to England & Australia. Rest are going to be closely modeled stadiums to the real ones. Ross; I wish you had done the same. If PCB, SCB, CS, BCCI, BCB etc ... are not going to come after trickstar/505 they would not come after Big Ant either.

I don't understand not telling people you are late until the game should already be on the shelf, then apologising, then saying July when you know that can't happen either, then saying there will be weekly Q&A until release, promising everything in DLC, then the Vine clip with the promise of more, then not delivering any more Vine, nor any of the Q&A - nothing, not a word except the robotic twitter responses "yes we have licensed Australia and England", "Yes, DRS will be in DLC", etc...

Then there's the catalogues from large stores all over Australia saying it's available a week ago...never seen anything like it.... :noway

The reality is trickstar have been working with same people over and over again, even though they have created 3 cricket titles they are still long way of being a decent one. They need a new fresh approach and some interesting out of the box idea going forward. But i do not see that happening.

I think you should all vote on my latest poll on the Ashes 2013 facebook page asking whether or not the game will be released. Just reply with a simple "yes" or "no" to the comment :)

My money on a rushed AC13 PC only release within the next couple weeks, just to get the game, ANY game, out there.

Users who are viewing this thread