Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I don't think Big Ant has anything to do with it. It's not as if they've tried to cram more features in to compete.

I disagree with this point, actually.

I firmly beleive they intended to release a game similar to Ashes 09, with slightly improved graphics and a roster update. I don't think they wanted to incorporate new things such as DRS and scoop/ramp shots until they missed the release date and Big Ant seized their opportunity to show how their game compared.

Hence the mass of things included in the DLC (if it ever arrives)

Batman will bowl in the game
this has been confirmed by Ashes on there forum

''Batman bowls left arm chinaman, Superman can't bowl.''

We just moderate everyone's first post/thread. Once they've had one approved they can post freely.
We used to get a lot of spambots but seem to get fewer these days.

More than irritating. I found an interesting way to stop most of them appearing - it might not work here but was good on ours, made the first forum hidden, even called it "spam trap". If they do get in it goes there and no one sees it.

505 games now steals your idea ross. PS I feel they will delay there game till December this year in the next week or so.:clap

I disagree with this point, actually.

I firmly beleive they intended to release a game similar to Ashes 09, with slightly improved graphics and a roster update. I don't think they wanted to incorporate new things such as DRS and scoop/ramp shots until they missed the release date and Big Ant seized their opportunity to show how their game compared.

Hence the mass of things included in the DLC (if it ever arrives)

If you think they missed their release because they were planning things for DLC you're way off the mark. Moving stuff to DLC ought to move release forward not set it back.
They've been struggling to build anything as good as Ashes 09 in the timescale and with the resources they've got. For whatever reason good design went by the wayside and the result seems to be a game that has such major flaws that despite showing a "working" version in May they still can't release it 2 months later.
Personally I wish Trickstar had bought the IC10 code base then they would have been making improvements during this development cycle instead of re-inventing the wheel.
I don't know how it all went so wrong for them but I think the hard deadline of June 21st was always a much bigger problem than a rival game. I'm sure in the design phase DRS, scoop shots and probably even career mode were mentioned but their main focus has always been trying to get a basic working game out for the Ashes.

It's pretty simple really. It's what they do, continually.

They missed an entire ashes series when they were making them for Codie's too. I know this because I lent them staff at the time to try and help them get out in time.

Really surprised anyone was stupid enough to trust them again with the license...

It's pretty simple really. It's what they do, continually.

They missed an entire ashes series when they were making them for Codie's too. I know this because I lent them staff at the time to try and help them get out in time.

Really surprised anyone was stupid enough to trust them again with the license...

Maybe they assumed Trickstar would have learnt their lesson and would have had experience from their AC09 and IC2010 days. Oh well, wrong assumption :rolleyes

Which one? EA had the licences for the 2007 Ashes, they released a game in 2009 and for 2010-11 they just released for the English summer with IC2010 instead of another Ashes game (ironically with the suggestion of DLC for the Ashes).

Unless they were supposed to do the World Cup game in 2007 - in which case how did Codemasters manage to put together BLIC2007 in time?

Which one? EA had the licences for the 2007 Ashes, they released a game in 2009 and for 2010-11 they just released for the English summer with IC2010 instead of another Ashes game (ironically with the suggestion of DLC for the Ashes).

Unless they were supposed to do the World Cup game in 2007 - in which case how did Codemasters manage to put together BLIC2007 in time?

I had staff there in 2007 - 2008, from memory it was for Ashes however perhaps I am mistaken, I'll go back and check my emails from the time - I know the game was delayed more than a year.

EDIT: They also got the source for BLIC but made a fatal decision to build their own game.

Last edited:
I first saw it as RPIC 2008 so I can believe that.

Looked more finished over a year before release than AC13 looks now.

The crazy thing is I saw the game a year before Ashes 2009 that looked better than the released product but it had major flaws in the ball prediction/animation code that meant it had to be "dumbed down" and one of the results was that the fielding became the mini-game.

All of the animations are locked at the hip - the legs are animated separately from the upper body, like you have a guy on each side grabbing the players pockets and dragging them around (have a look and you will see what I am talking about). It should never look the same for you now :)

----------

Had a quick look and two of our guys are in the credits for 2009, there were more. (Plenty ex-transmission staff are working here now, but those two were Big Ant employees at the time.)

Additional Programmer
Russell Black

Additional Programmer
Jarrod Moldrich

Ross, me being naive, I just hope you don't get yourself into trouble with the info on public forum

I bet this is how bigant cricket started in the end. PS Someone in the office goes, we helped them trickstar boys make a cricket game, well we could also do that and make it a hell of a lot better game. Pulling the carpet from under there feet. :thumbs

No.

We were making our cricket before they started Ashes, and it shows....

Users who are viewing this thread