Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

My total focus with the team is getting the Ashes Cricket 2013 to coincide with the Ashes tour in England but the plain truth is the game is not good enough and even though it would sell well we would just ended up disappointing cricket fans out there paying their hard earned cash. Also 505 Games & Trickstar Games have reputations to uphold so I thought it was about time I communicated directly with you on guys on this matter.

My total focus with the team is getting the Ashes Cricket 2013 to coincide with the Ashes tour in England but the plain truth is the game is not good enough and even though it would sell well we would just ended up disappointing cricket fans out there paying their hard earned cash. Also 505 Games & Trickstar Games have reputations to uphold so I thought it was about time I communicated directly with you on guys on this matter.

But you knew it that the game won't be good enough to be released on 21 june,or 26 july,then why did you keep taking pre-orders ..i mean you must have known you must have that it is not going to hit the shelf on specified date,must have told us before,it didn't get that sort of damage which it got now

Last edited:
Right now on the game we are working hard on turning on all the HD art assets we have built over the last 18 months. Obviously, we have had some major technical issues that have effected both frame rate and created memory issues in the console versions. Hence the reason we have not released any real screen shots or game play trailers as you have only seen 5 screen shots from six months ago.

Okay sir.Good,but please answer my question in the previous page.

----------

Right now on the game we are working hard on turning on all the HD art assets we have built over the last 18 months. Obviously, we have had some major technical issues that have effected both frame rate and created memory issues in the console versions. Hence the reason we have not released any real screen shots or game play trailers as you have only seen 5 screen shots from six months ago.

And you really call them screenshots sir?

why didn't you tell us that weeks before the first tentative date???,by then you must have known that,cause if there were problems then it wouldn't be submitted...so you must have told us :(

We tried hard to meet our date for the 21/6 but the technical issues got the best of us. We then pushed hard through most of July to get XB360 approval but quite rightly our publisher made the final decision to further postpone the game release to November to give us more time to make the game we set out to do. Put simply, we screwed up and now we have to redeem ourselves!

We tried hard to meet our date for the 21/6 but the technical issues got the best of us. We then pushed hard through most of July to get XB360 approval but quite rightly our publisher made the final decision to further postpone the game release to November to give us more time to make the game we set out to do. Put simply, we screwed up and now we have to redeem ourselves!

I am asking if the problem had been identified then you must not have submitted for platform approvals,as we all know submission takes almost 2-3weeks...so 2-3 weeks or at minimum even a week ago you must have known that you won't be able to meet the specified date,then why you kept taking pre-orders and told us just before 2 days...that really hurt your reputation

Finally someone hold their hands up and admite is a big screw up!

No point banging on about the past now. Are you able to give any insight on what the major issues are at the moment?

And i suppose with November in mind and if all now goes well are you able to tell us what sort of gameplay experience we can expect??

mike are you aware of your competition? can we expect new features like career mode in the game now that it is to be released in november?

The decision to postpone the game was made just over a week ago but 505 Games had to seek approvals from the ECB & CA before an official announcement could be made. Thankfully for us all we have the return Ashes in the same year here in Australia so we cannot miss this date. I am happy to report that nearly all the technical issues have been resolved but in game development you never know what's around the corner.

Welcome.

The PlanetCricket members really felt neglected the way things went after the disappearance of Chief - Jamie Firth, considering that most of gave a lot of time as we proceeded with the development process of the game. To be very honest sir, if at all you want to answer your critics, this should have been the place rather than Twitter and Facebook. Certainly would have got more honest comments about any play footage and everything here.

I am Mike Fegan from Trickstar Games and I'm here to give dispel unfounded rumours and misinformation on the Ashes Cricket 2013 game. Fell free to ask me questions and within reason I will give you my open and honest responses.
Hi Mike, welcome to PlanetCricket. It's appreciated to have a direct voice from Trickstar again.

I'll start by repeating what I said elsewhere, that I certainly think it's the right decision to delay for the return Ashes.

I do however wish it had have been taken in June - so first I'd like to ask if there is a specific discovery or bug after the announcement of the delay to July that means you could have expected the game to have been released in July had it not occurred?

I'd also like your thoughts on the appropriateness of the Unity engine for the game. From the screenshots thus far and other finished products utilising it, will the game ever be capable of reaching the standard of appearance that IC2010 had or improve on it. Or indirectly - with all optimisations in place and functioning, can you say the game will graphically look better than previous releases?

As part of that - are the very static looking animations, and general lack of 'movement' seen in the Vine glimpse a product of disabled functionality or representative of where you will be in November?

On a few feature questions,

Can you explain why moving field positions around is a replacement for having no interactivity in the catching process at all? IC2010 perfected catching in a cricket game from my perspective if it weren't for the animation of it not being very fluid - I can't understand dropping that, at least as an option.

The reverse sweep being missing and planned for DLC seemed very strange, was there a specific issue with the shot, or was it missed?

Would you still drop promised features, like DRS, if it meant delivering a better product in November - or are the additional features a distinct coding problem from the fundamental issues that prevented a release in June?

When do you expect to be at a point to graphically demonstrate the bowling controls? The red dot in the Vine clip just totally threw out anything I thought I understood from previous descriptions.

Thanks.

Yes we are aware of the competition as Ross is a good guy and has a great team behind him. We won't have career mode in this iteration of the game but we have big plans for cricket games in the future on multiple platforms but we have to finish Ashes Cricket 2013 first.

Users who are viewing this thread