Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hi Whiteninness,

Good questions - We switched to a new game engine using Unity as we need to come up with something completely new as our old tech looked exactly that old! Also we didn't own RP/BL IC 2007, AC2009 & IC2010 they re all owned by Codemasters and we owned the underlying tech. We went with Unity as it is a long term play for us and that stage gives us the ability to port & compile our single game code to up to 14 different platforms (and counting) as what you playing you games at present my not be you device of choice in a few months/years.

Over the coming weeks i will give you greater insight to all the new features you have mentioned and more but I don't want to waffle on right now.

On the Unity front you can actually port to all the current consoles but as you can see with our progress is not without challenges but thankfully the 4.3 version will address allot of the current issues we have experienced. Stick with it is a good solution and will only get better for PS4 & XBone!

Why have you decided to join PC now? Why not many months ago?

Why do the wicketkeepers in your 'Official' game have no body?

Why did you put the game forward for submission but now claim that you're not happy with it for well knowing that if it had passed then you would have sold a very bad game to us?

What happened to Jamie Firth aka Chief?

Are you here for the long run or will you do a disappearing act like Chief when the going gets tough?

What are your thoughts on BigAnts game and are you jealous?

This is a very important point and needs to be answered. If the game did get through submission (let's be honest, some VERY crap games have been released on 360 and PS3 before) would Trickstar/505 then have refused to publish it because even if Microsoft/Sony said it were okay, they personally didn't approve?

----------

Hi Whiteninness,

Good questions - We switched to a new game engine using Unity as we need to come up with something completely new as our old tech looked exactly that old! Also we didn't won RP/BL IC 2007, AC2009 & IC2010 they re all owned by Codemasters and we owned the underlying tech. We went with Unity as it is a long term play for us and that stage gives us the ability to port & compile our single game code to up to 14 different platforms (and counting) as what you playing you games at present my not be you device of choice in a few months/years.

Over the coming weeks i will give you greater insight to all the new features you have mentioned and more but I don't want to waffle on right now.

On the Unity front you can actually port to all the current consoles but as you can see with our progress is not without challenges but thankfully the 4.3 version will address allot of the current issues we have experienced. Stick with it is a good solution and will only get better for PS4 & XBone!

Thank you kindly for the quick response. I hope Unity3D comes through for you. Is it a problem though that you are waiting for the 4.3 version which hasn't been released yet? 4.2 only came out a week ago. I actually can't recall hearing anything about 4.3 but I have been a bit out of the loop lately.

I'll look forward to hearing about the batting and bowling mechanics.

I decided to talk to you guys now and I wanted to dispel all the misinformation being circulated and tell you how it really was.

Rest assured, our wicket keeper has a body and can dive and catch like the best of them! My fault but the screen shots you refer too are now over 6 moths old.

Jamie has moved onto other project but I he is always lurking around this forum but has left it up to me to keep you informed.

I won't be going anywhere and for the people that know me they know I NEVER give up sometimes to my detriment but that's another story.

Am i jealous of Big Ant? Not really, they are a good team and from what I can see so far they are putting together a good cricket game! I have been a competitor all my life and i think competition is good especially for you guys as either way you are the winner. We are starting from behind but we it is going to be a long sprint and let the best game win.

Hi Mike Fegan.
My question is simple, you must have seen the cricket 14 sneak peak level of graphics and just the look of the game. So my question is can you honest get near this in the next 3 months or so.:spy PS Also my advice would be not to hide and please stop saying soon over and over again, you said the pc version is in good nick so just release a video of the game showing what you are up to, if the video has problem so be it as you then could show the improvements with each pass month. Thanks.

Okay, while you are having a moment and being so-called honest and open, I'll ask one question: "What happened to Chief? Where is he? Has the mob got to him? :P"

My fault but the screen shots you refer too are now over 6 moths old.
I hate to be the one to ask, but why not then fire up the game with either the unlicensed teams or the university ones and skip the licensing issues to show us the current state of the game?

In case you missed it.

On the XB360 submission side we went through pre-cert/1st submission quite smoothly and we about to go back into 2nd Sub with a short list of "must fixes" but our publisher 505 Games said it us "you know what this game isn't good enough and it needs more time". From a commercial standpoint they could have pushed everyone hard and had the game out in August but this would be a short term gain and would have pissed off allot of people so I actually commend them on making this call as they valued their/our reputations over short term commercial gains.

Your wrong about Sony/Microsoft it is the publisher who makes the call on the release of the game as long is compliant.

Can we know what were the unforeseen circumstance? Did the dog ate your code or what? :spy

We have made a decision not to show anything further on the AC2013 game until early September as we need to turn on all the stuff we haven't been able to do during August. I am sorry but it will be worth the wait and to answer your question on the Big Ant sneak peek video it really looks good and have set us a challenge which i look forward too.

----------

My dog bites me when I get home due to the long working hours and is too well feed to eat my code but thanks for the suggestion.:)

----------

Sorry, you won't get a game play trailer now until September but hang in there it will be worth the wait. How did you know Col. Sanders was my father???

I am a man of my word and I don't give it easily but I can assure you the worst is behind us and we have a new cricket game engine that I believe will hold in good steed for the next 3-4 years. There is a reason we simply didn't use our old technology and have spent so much time and heartache on the new one as we need robust tech that allows to create a cricket game you can play anywhere but I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Nice to have you around Mike! When you say a "new cricket game engine" do you refer to Unity engine or you moved on from Unity to another engine, which is more suited to cricket

P.S. - Never mind the question. It's answered earlier.

Last edited:
For starters, make a ingame editor as deep as possible. Because there are 10 other cricketing nations and fans would like to edit the unlicensed players and make them as real as possible.

On the XB360 submission side we went through pre-cert/1st submission quite smoothly and we about to go back into 2nd Sub with a short list of "must fixes" but our publisher 505 Games said it us "you know what this game isn't good enough and it needs more time".

But you guys down at Trickstar thought the game was good to go?

It is not about the licensed or unlicensed art assets it is the game itself we need to turn everything on which will dramatically improve the graphics without impacting frame rate or memory on the console versions. Until we do this we cannot show you anything at this time but hang in there.

Just show us the fans the game, stop hiding it likes it's a top secret government UFO, just show us here on PC and maybe we can give you some tips. PS In the end all we want is a good cricket game or two and we all want the best for trickstar and bigant but you must know bigant are top dog by a mile.:yes

Users who are viewing this thread