Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

We had a deadline to meet so our plan was to get the game out, do a day one update and then catch up with other features and content in the free DLC to make up for it but quite rightly our publisher rejected and gave us more time to finish the game properly.

----------

As I said earlier our game is not good enough right now hence the postponement to November which is now more than achievable. I hope Big Ant produces a great game too you all buy both games which would be great for the Australian Games development community as we could certainly use the help!

We had a deadline to meet so our plan was to get the game out

So you're telling me that despite knowing that the game was rubbish you were still going to release it not giving a damn about the paying customers?

do a day one update and then catch up with other features and content in the free DLC to make up for it

That's assuming that everyone who buys the game has access to an internet connection.

hey MF,

good to see you hear hope you can keep in touch with us and yea please show some gameplay footage

Always Mike, I will buy any cricket game as I love the sport and to also support anyone wanting to make the game of cricket into a video game. We all know it's not easy to make games and cricket is well never been done right so far.

Best team for your team would be is to go through the Ashes 13 forum deeply and take the feedback. Correct the problems or bugs people have noticed in that small 6 second clip.

Agree, one thing is for sure we are all passionate cricket fans and I'll play any cricket game I can get my hands on too.

I can't wait to be there on the opening over of the Ashes Box Day Test at the mighty MCG this December!

Thanks for sticking by us.

----------

We have come along way since already from the "6 second clip" that was done well over a month ago and believe me we take feedback seriously and will work away at the bugs everyday to give you a much better game.

----------

OK guys, I really need my beauty sleep these days so I'll be back online in the morning! Thanks for reading/listening.

This is where Ross has advantage, he just doesn't sleep ;) He lurks around here all day.

Mike, good luck because you will need it to get out of this trainwreck over the next 3 months.:D

Welcome to PC, Mike Fegan. Its good to see you here and have a direct conversation with us.

Okay, now I would like to ask you if there was any meaning to release that 6sec Vine clip?? As you told, the game is not good enough at present, you can't preview it currently. To be frank, the Vine clip was neither good graphicswise(with fielders standing like Zombies) nor gameplaywise(more imp. with poor looking shot and the animation too abrupt???). You would have mostly got that idea from the views of people in fb and the people here(if you have read) about the video greatly criticizing it. In my view, it was even nowhere, yeah nowhere close to real life cricket. Even games like EA07 would look much better in front of it. Wouldn't it have been better for you to not release the clip, while its in progress and not creating negative opinion about the game?? Instead, you could have aimed for previewing a finished product. I would like to hear more of the clip from you.

Anyways talking about current situation, can you give us the latest screenshots? It doesn't matter if it doesn't look good but we just want to get an idea about the current game position and later we can actually compare it with the finished product. Will really appreciate it. :)

will HPCA Cricket Stadium, Dharamshala be in the game?

Good news Donko, yes just for you;) and also Full IPL mode licenced for you only;) Superman and Batman licenced for you. Now you can leave and let the adults talk ok. Thanks.:D

Hi mike welcome back now this forum is back to live and we all know u will be a competitor in upcoming months will this game have drs ,manual appeals and career mode because now the game is delayed to November u have time to build it again and best luck for game we r with u

With current poor reputation you are possessing, how easy/difficult would be for you to come out of it?? I have seen many people cancelling their pre-orders too.
As you would have seen the non-final screens and the 'sneak peak' vid of BA14, can we expect AC13 graphics to match em or anywhere near to it at the end of November.
Welcome to PC, Mike Fegan. Its good to see you here and have a direct conversation with us.

Okay, now I would like to ask you if there was any meaning to release that 6sec Vine clip?? As you told, the game is not good enough at present, you can't preview it currently. To be frank, the Vine clip was neither good graphicswise(with fielders standing like Zombies) nor gameplaywise(more imp. with poor looking shot and the animation too abrupt???). You would have mostly got that idea from the views of people in fb and the people here(if you have read) about the video greatly criticizing it. In my view, it was even nowhere, yeah nowhere close to real life cricket. Even games like EA07 would look much better in front of it. Wouldn't it have been better for you to not release the clip, while its in progress and not creating negative opinion about the game?? Instead, you could have aimed for previewing a finished product. I would like to hear more of the clip from you.

Anyways talking about current situation, can you give us the latest screenshots? It doesn't matter if it doesn't look good but we just want to get an idea about the current game position and later we can actually compare it with the finished product. Will really appreciate it.
Also reply this. :)

Mike Fegan

Welcome Mike,now that the game has been delayed 3 months could you and you team spend a small portion of that time making sure online mode is stable?
I know you have said in previous podcasts that online mode is not that important to you but there is a big online community on planet cricket forums and we will still be playing online long after gamers have become bored with playing against the Ai
A vast proportion of gamers on here were upset with ashes 09 server errors and the ic 2010 6 hit bug:noway.
Anyway hope you take the time out to answer my question,thank you.:)

I decided to talk to you guys now and I wanted to dispel all the misinformation being circulated and tell you how it really was.

Hi Mike,
Good to hear that and frankly its good to see you here!! I have to say, it takes guts to come to these forums specially after what has happened in the past few months!!

Could you tell us about the animations? Have you tweaked the animations at all? That six second vine video that you posted had a really horrible defense animation (as you must have heard/read) with the batsman almost hitting his stumps with his backfoot, thus wanted to ask:

a) Was that video from the current/recent builds
b) Are you working on the animations based on the feedback on that particular video

----------

We have made a decision not to show anything further on the AC2013 game until early September as we need to turn on all the stuff we haven't been able to do during August.

Could you please elaborate a little more on what this 'stuff' is??

----------

It is not about the licensed or unlicensed art assets it is the game itself we need to turn everything on which will dramatically improve the graphics without impacting frame rate or memory on the console versions. Until we do this we cannot show you anything at this time but hang in there.

After turning everything on, do you expect the graphics to look better than IC2010 and BigAnt's Cricket 14?

Users who are viewing this thread