Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Spinners

Will spinners be as easy to hit for 6 and 4 as they were for the previous 2 games?It just made those games unrealistic imo.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will there be a catching system like what was introduced in Ashes 09 and IC10? You know, where time slows down and you have to accurately time when to hit the button to ensure the catch is taken.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will there be a catching system like what was introduced in Ashes 09 and IC10? You know, where time slows down and you have to accurately time when to hit the button to ensure the catch is taken.

We're been reviewing the catching mechanic. The whole design philosophy this time is to make it 50% about execution and 50% decision, but whilst with batting and bowling that's easier to achieve, fielding is tougher.
I'm hoping that we'll have different mechanics for different SORTS of catches:
1) Aerial ones which are about judgement of where the ball will land, and watching the ball into your hands
2) Close in, low catches that are about reflex: these ARE basically real-life "quick-time events"!
3) Wicket keeper catches are equally about reflex, but also anticipation of where the ball will end up before it arrives.

These are the sort of things we're working on.

Flying stumps when batsman gets bowled? One of the very few reasons I enjoy bowling in cricket games. So imo it has to be there, it's nice little sight and reward for bowler for bowling good delivery.

Chief,

Will AC13 be available on 3D? I mean for PC users..:)

Highly doubtful I'm afraid 3D-fans.

As an aside, I *hate* 3D films (although I confess I really enjoyed it in "Life of Pi" despite being slightly disappointed elsewhere with the movie) and I haven't played a game yet where I felt it added to the experience.
But then I'm one of these people that tends to get a headache watching it... I also cannot solve "Magic Eye" puzzles. #ChiefFacts

----------

Flying stumps when batsman gets bowled? One of the very few reasons I enjoy bowling in cricket games. So imo it has to be there, it's nice little sight and reward for bowler for bowling good delivery.

Cartwheeling stumps are high up the priority list, and one of my more regular gripes about previous games: It makes you feel real accomplishment when you scatter them.
We're on it dude.

I thought ic2010 had good cartwheeling stumps chief ?
The only fault i remember is sometimes the stumps would
not break and you would still be out.:D

Just a couple of queries:

1. What audio will be featured in the game? For instance, the actual sound of the ball on bat, which varies - from a block, to a nick, to a smack for 4 or 6. Will there also be a slider for crowd noise?
2. Will the number of people in the crowd vary? For instance, the stadium will be packed for a Boxing Day Test, but might only be one-quarter full on the Monday of a working week.
3. Will there be day/night cricket - daytime clouds/sun which turn into night-time under the big lights?

I hope these things don't sound too nit-picking. I just think they'd add a lot of realism value.

I haven't played a game yet where I felt it added to the experience.

If you want to try and get a good experience, i recommend, please try CITY RACING. it is a small racing game with good graphics and superb rendering..

There's no excuse whatsoever not to have them.

saving online

chief

Im really looking forward to ashes 13 and was wondering about possibility of.

saving online - so your able to play tests with friends
spinners not getting hit for 6 - this really was frustrating in previous games
realistic run rates- getting hit for 6 first ball of a test match
no loose connection online- really annoying
weather
tours
loss of form
injuries

Than you for replying on here and hopefully mine.

Whats the big deal about cartwheeling stumps? Haven't seen it happen in real cricket in the last 5 years...

Then you must haven't been watching the same matches as others.

BTW, would like to know if the Motion Capture for Wicket celebrations are completed. If not, I really got some nice ideas. Nothing uncommon or complex celebrations. Never really liked the celebrations in previous cricket games as such.

Watch the first two celebrations and cartwheeling of stumps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you must haven't been watching the same matches as others.

BTW, would like to know if the Motion Capture for Wicket celebrations are completed. If not, I really got some nice ideas. Nothing uncommon or complex celebrations. Never really liked the celebrations in previous cricket games as such.

Watch the first two celebrations and cartwheeling of stumps.

Mo-Cap was completed quite a while back, but any suggestions welcome - There may well be some pick-up sessions along the way...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread