Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

This is nice idea. Don't know whether they will implement what you have written after that. But it should at least have instant match like Fifa. Select your favourite team and have instant match option on the main screen. So when you select it, the game directly goes to 5 overs match (maybe settings menu to change the default overs or even rivals and stadium?) with any random opposition.

It shouldn't be too hard to implement I guess?
yes this will be more interesting i guess...will they implement????

Yes that what i was hoping for but let see they might come up something better i hope so.

Ideas

I think everyone just wants a game that you have great gameplay and it is about tactics and getting used to the pitch.I think there should be a number of pitches that can happen like flat early on then getting lower n lower.Or cracks appear late on or it starts nipping around then flattens out.There can be a number of types of pitch in different countries.
I think you should look at the old brian lara 1997 on the playstation 2 what a game and that was 15 years ago.A simple game but really enjoyable.

Don't think ps2 was released untill 2000, I think your talking about Brian Lara 99 on the ps1. That was a great game for its time, maybe the only cricket game that has got gameplay anywhere near what it should be. It must be difficult to get the gameplay right because cricket is such a complex sport, but I've got my fingers crossed for this one.

hey chief ,
i wanted to ask you about the field placements, in the previous editions of the game the field changes used to take place at specific junctures say at the end of the 15th over in the ODI , the beginning of the 40th and such field placements used to remain the same for a specific quota of overs irrespective of the bowler going for runs. can we expect there would me more field changes in this game based on the match situation ?

Chief i want to know if there will be Different bating style of different Batsman
like gayle hit six as well as Shewag,Dhoni Helicopter and many other shot also like scoop shots ! plz answer this quest!:thumbs

hey chief ,
i wanted to ask you about the field placements, in the previous editions of the game the field changes used to take place at specific junctures say at the end of the 15th over in the ODI , the beginning of the 40th and such field placements used to remain the same for a specific quota of overs irrespective of the bowler going for runs. can we expect there would me more field changes in this game based on the match situation ?

That's actually not correct. In AC09, AI often changed the filed mid-over depending on where you're scoring your runs from.

On a related note, the WK never really left the stumps for a ball placed in front of wickets. Specially when a spinner bowling, WK should leave the stumps when batsmen try block-n-run, I believe.

Chief Will we able to place wicket keeper based on our decisions like we want him to stand near the stumps

I like this idea dude, should not be to hard to put in the game.

How about Taunts in the game, sure nice ones with no swearing i mean.
Maybe something like when you beat the edge of the bat, you press
a button and you hear the wicketkeeper or bowler say something simple.
Like nice shot just edge it to my slips next time, better ones i bet :D

In Ashes cricket left handers are favored hugely. I can drive all day with a left hander on it!

But my point and question or sort of is. Will each batsman have its own strength and weaknesses like in real cricket?

Dude it's going to be mirrored for left and right.
I agree having a left and right different would be best
but i guess you can not have everything.:D

One of the problems I had with IC10 was that the type of ball changed in relation to the type of shot being played. For example, a full ball would bounce as if it were a shorter deliver just because the batsman played a particular shot. I was wondering whether this was a problem you have experienced and if considerations were being made for Ashes 13?

One of the problems I had with IC10 was that the type of ball changed in relation to the type of shot being played. For example, a full ball would bounce as if it were a shorter deliver just because the batsman played a particular shot. I was wondering whether this was a problem you have experienced and if considerations were being made for Ashes 13?

Very true we all saw that in ic2010 and hope ashes 2013 will fix this.
In ashes 2013 it should mean more if you play on the front or back.
Meaning if you play a bowl that is short of a lenth on the front foot
the ball could pass over the bat more or edge it.
Also if you have few RPG stats in the game then say a sri lankan player
is better of the front than the back. Maybe give them a level for front
and back out of 10 or 100 or what ever you want to do.
So if i create a character that is say something simple like 90% on the
front and 60% of the back i would leave more short balls.

I hope chief will be ready to talk about this in a couple of months guys.

Also chief few of us guys having been talking about online saving, what is
your option on this matter and can it be done.:spy

Very true we all saw that in ic2010 and hope ashes 2013 will fix this.
In ashes 2013 it should mean more if you play on the front or back.
Meaning if you play a bowl that is short of a lenth on the front foot
the ball could pass over the bat more or edge it.
Also if you have few RPG stats in the game then say a sri lankan player
is better of the front than the back. Maybe give them a level for front
and back out of 10 or 100 or what ever you want to do.
So if i create a character that is say something simple like 90% on the
front and 60% of the back i would leave more short balls.

I hope chief will be ready to talk about this in a couple of months guys.

Also chief few of us guys having been talking about online saving, what is
your option on this matter and can it be done.:spy
Why would playing from the front foot mean it should be snicked or pass over the bat? Since when is it a back foot shot only. I will refer you to Hershelle Gibbs. Plays it from the front foot just as anyone does it from the backfoot. So it would be completely wrong to change it. Especially on slower pitches where the ball does not come on to the bat you will switch your usually front foot shots to the back leg as it gives you more time to judge the ball and time it. So in other words backfoot and front foot selection should depend on the type of pitch. On a pitch where the ball speed is true and comes on to the bat after hitting pitch the batsman will have no problem in hitting the ball with pure timing.

Hence to time the ball the batsman need not to have any bother about pace of the track but just has to deal with foot work using front leg by getting closer to pitch of the ball. So pacey pitches front foot slow pitches more backfoot playing it late.

The pull is played to a ball around waist height, the hook is played to a short delivery between chest and head height.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread