Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Also chief few of us guys having been talking about online saving, what is
your option on this matter and can it be done.:spy

We discussed this very early on in these threads somewhere.
The basic problem is how to handle data saves where it is dependent on another player somewhere else, and how you can cleanly set it up so that both these players can jump back in...

If anyone can think of another game (specifically a 360 or PS3 game, as the platform-holder requirements might interfere with some methods that could be employed on PC) where you can do this, PLEASE direct me towards it. :-)

----------

Can't be mirrored because the angle of attack is different

I don't follow this? How do you mean sir?

I think he means the shot you would play as a left hander to a right handed bowler is different to what you play as a right hander to a right handed bowler but this hasn't been an issue in previous releases and my understanding is that the mocap is usually mirrored.

I think he means the shot you would play as a left hander to a right handed bowler is different to what you play as a right hander to a right handed bowler but this hasn't been an issue in previous releases and my understanding is that the mocap is usually mirrored.

Ahh right: The shot from a left hander to a right-handed ball would be mirrored from a right-hander to a left-handed ball, which would be identical (to my mind?) if mirrored. I think?

Ahh right: The shot from a left hander to a right-handed ball would be mirrored from a right-hander to a left-handed ball, which would be identical (to my mind?) if mirrored. I think?

Yes it would be. And I have heard people say how a southpaw is more elegant than his counterpart.
But Chief, is it possible to let us know the approx number of bowling actions? Even if its one per type of bowler, we can understand, but let us know so that we don't get our hopes high :)

We discussed this very early on in these threads somewhere.
The basic problem is how to handle data saves where it is dependent on another player somewhere else, and how you can cleanly set it up so that both these players can jump back in...

So in a nutshell. There will be no online save option??
I'm assuming then a match can't be saved on a console as a normal saved match and picked up either vs ai, local or online multiplayer? I'm guessing its not that simple?
Don't want to put a downer on things, but I know someone that didn't buy ic10 because it didn't have this option. He just stuck with ashes09. If the ai is good then the single player may entertain me for 2 months tops. If all I can play online is t20's then this becomes a hire game instead of a ?40 purchase for me. Don't mean to be so blunt. Just sayin' is all. :(

Last edited:
So in a nutshell. There will be no online save option??

Exactly as I said, there is no way that an multiplayer online game can be cleanly "saved" and recommenced later that we have yet found.
We continue to look though, and if there's a game you can think of that HAS this feature I'd be delighted to look into implementing it.

EDIT: In fact, I'll try and find a nice prize for anyone who can think of a way. :)

Last edited:
Exactly as I said, there is no way that an multiplayer online game can be cleanly "saved" and recommenced later that we have yet found.
We continue to look though, and if there's a game you can think of that HAS this feature I'd be delighted to look into implementing it.

I'm picking up negative responses. If your thinking for a second I'm saying your not listening to what im trying to say then I apologise. That's not my intention at all. In fact I think it's great all your time your spending on here with us. And it's my belief this game will be an improvement on ac09 and ic10. (Arse kissing over) If its not possible to do then its not possible. I'll have to live with it. :(
Hey, I'm a test man. Nothing more I can say! ;)

I'm picking up negative responses. If your thinking for a second I'm saying your not listening to what im trying to say then I apologise. That's not my intention at all. In fact I think it's great all your time your spending on here with us. And it's my belief this game will be an improvement on ac09 and ic10. (Arse kissing over) If its not possible to do then its not possible. I'll have to live with it. :(
Hey, I'm a test man. Nothing more I can say! ;)

No no. I'm not being obstinate. I just don't want to say a definite "NO" and disappoint you now, only to then think of a way to do it any more than I want to say "YES" to things only to see them not make it in!
I apologise if that didn't come across in my tone which is, as you may have realised by now, generally somewhat irreverent. :)

THINKING CAPS ON.

No no. I'm not being obstinate. I just don't want to say a definite "NO" and disappoint you now, only to then think of a way to do it any more than I want to say "YES" to things only to see them not make it in!
I apologise if that didn't come across in my tone which is, as you may have realised by now, generally somewhat irreverent. :)

THINKING CAPS ON.

To be fair Chief has said from the start that the main focus of attention will be not be the online game. For me this means that we can hopefully expect a graded and very challenging AI game.

THINKING CAPS ON.

At least you see where I'm coming from. If codemasters were employing you I bet they would have told you to not even come on here! lol
Btw since your here. Do you plan on future DLC for this title after release? Maybe patches, roster updates, a new feature or two after say 6 months or so?

If I get it right then you are having trouble with saving the game on server, right? Not sure if it will help (or even relate since I have no knowledge about these) but Assassins Creed 2 was saved online using DRM and user could resume anytime loading the save from server. It required internet all the time to play but wasn't multiplayer though.

Don't go hard on me If my post don't even make sense. I am n00b in this field (not for long hopefully)

To be fair Chief has said from the start that the main focus of attention will be not be the online game. For me this means that we can hopefully expect a graded and very challenging AI game.

Oh yes, don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have challenging ai matches. But there's nothing quite like playing another cricket fan. And all I'm saying is I will get bored of the whole "swing 6" or "swing miss" t20 style very quickly. But like I've said. That's just me.

At least you see where I'm coming from. If codemasters were employing you I bet they would have told you to not even come on here! lol
Btw since your here. Do you plan on future DLC for this title after release? Maybe patches, roster updates, a new feature or two after say 6 months or so?

Nothing that I can confirm, but I've said before that there's every intention for comprehensive post launch support... And that holds true still.

----------

If I get it right then you are having trouble with saving the game on server, right? Not sure if it will help (or even relate since I have no knowledge about these) but Assassins Creed 2 was saved online using DRM and user could resume anytime loading the save from server. It required internet all the time to play but wasn't multiplayer though.

Don't go hard on me If my post don't even make sense. I am n00b in this field (not for long hopefully)

Sadly this doesn't help the key issue: we need to find a way that two different people in different places can somehow simultaneously return to a match state.
It's not so much saving the state, which could work very similarly to a single-player save, but how we handle those two different users getting back into a game simultaneously.

Obviously this won't work. But I take it if both people saved the same match, therefore having the same save files. It wouldnt work that way?

Users who are viewing this thread