Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Chief, have you thought about making Ashes13 a Test-only game for the June release, and then release a separate game for the ODIs/T20s in December for the Australian summer?

This would allow you to focus more on the Tests initially, perfecting the gameplay, stats, modes etc. while then giving you and extra six months to correct any bugs and implement limited-overs specific features for the end of the year.

June: Ashes 2013
December: Cricket Fever: One-Day - T20 Bonanza!

Something like that. All in the name of getting each format of the game as good as they can be.

Chief, have you thought about making Ashes13 a Test-only game for the June release, and then release a separate game for the ODIs/T20s in December for the Australian summer?

This would allow you to focus more on the Tests initially, perfecting the gameplay, stats, modes etc. while then giving you and extra six months to correct any bugs and implement limited-overs specific features for the end of the year.

June: Ashes 2013
December: Cricket Fever: One-Day - T20 Bonanza!

Something like that. All in the name of getting each format of the game as good as they can be.

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Would imagine 505 games have told them to create a game for a set date next year. Splitting up the development into 2 sections isn't what they've been asked to do. Hense they couldn't even if they wanted to.

Chief this my idea for Online Gaming:
You could hire a server client or start ur own server.If connection of one player terminates then game should automatically save details of previous ball,and when he comes online ,if the other player is also online then both should be questioned whether they are interested in continuing and if yes the game data should be retrieved and match and if no the data can be deleted.Like wise the data can be stored for 3 days & if they are not coming online within 3 days the data can be deleted.
Priority should be given for saved/discontinued matches & then next games

Chief this my idea for Online Gaming:
You could hire a server client or start ur own server.If connection of one player terminates then game should automatically save details of previous ball,and when he comes online ,if the other player is also online then both should be questioned whether they are interested in continuing and if yes the game data should be retrieved and match and if no the data can be deleted.Like wise the data can be stored for 3 days & if they are not coming online within 3 days the data can be deleted.
Priority should be given for saved/discontinued matches & then next games

I should stress, we're trying to solve the issue on closed platforms with compliance guidelines - not on open platforms where we can design our own solutions... Consoles remain the big issue we're trying to fix.

These are all great ideas for PC version though. Thanks.

Chief, what about smart running between the wickets?? i mean, if i played the ball to a vacant area, first i think to settle with a single. but the fielder was not that much quick and i run hard for the second. my idea is, option to run fast and slow between the wickets.

Chief, what about smart running between the wickets?? i mean, if i played the ball to a vacant area, first i think to settle with a single. but the fielder was not that much quick and i run hard for the second. my idea is, option to run fast and slow between the wickets.

Great idea, maybe a sprint would be good for this.
Used to much and you could be real slow between wickets or
injuries if you push to hard.:D

Great idea, maybe a sprint would be good for this.
Used to much and you could be real slow between wickets or
injuries if you push to hard.:D

Agreed: great idea. We'll look at this.

----------

So..........we can get save option for online in PC Version? :D

I'm saying that theoretically it is easiER to implement in the PC version...

Agreed: great idea. We'll look at this.

----------

I'm saying that theoretically it is easiER to implement in the PC version...

Should not be to hard to put in the controls chief, lots of buttons not
used these days on games, maybe a duck,leave button and a pad
away button also. All together i mean, would work if put in right.
We don't want to duck a spinner do we :lol

Pc is always easier, maybe make it work on pc first then try consoles.
If you can't then the pc boys get something extra.

Also chief what do you think of a stadium editor with the pitch getting
the must out of it.:spy

What I was really thinking is that ground fielding and running between wickets has always been automatic in previous cricket games. You can't expect howlers in running in this way. Sprint option is really nice but what will be really great is Stamina feature. The more you run while batting, your speed decreases with time. So you can't run at top speed when your batsman has played a long innings. Speeds should vary between batsman too. Dhoni and Ashwin shouldn't run at same speed while batting. This will create more realistic chances of run outs and more howlers. It will give the opportunity for users to take singles only when required and according to batsman at crease.

Similarly, it should be same for fielding. Your stamina decreases with the time you spend on field. Speed, Bullet arm, fielding attributes, accuracy are important features of fielding too. Maybe a dive button during fielding will be great addition too.

These are always gets ignored by developers. I hope you give some thoughts on this. Fielding and running between wickets comes handy when match is in tight situation and provides realism to cricket game.

All good ideas but in the end do we want chief and trickstar
puting so much time into a small part of the game.
So if trickstar have time great but if it's simple i'm ok with that.:D

Still i would love to see maybe a high starting level with a slow drop overtime,
maybe a faster drop in say a hot place like india.
The question is how long would this take if you only have 6 months left to
finish the game.

I would love to see my batsmen so tired he is just defending to the lunch break
or hitting the lose ball for 4 runs, maybe you get a bonus on the breaks.:D

Having batsmen become tired when running lots of runs is a great idea. As long as it was though out well. After all you wouldn't want to loose your stamina on a cool day in England at the same speed as a hot day in India.
I also suggested weeks ago some sort of "stamina bar" that maybe shows up for a second or two over the batsman's head after a shot is played. Just so you can keep track on how tired he is during his innings. I would love this to be effected by being hit by the ball to. A real incentive to get a good bouncer onto a shoulder/arm or helmet. If the bar is empty then you get the option to retire the batsman as "hurt" and have him bat at the end of the innings. Something like that would be realistic as hell. To me anyway. ;)

Like i said before trickstar can make this as easy or hard as they
like in the end. I would love to see more from the batsmen with calling too.
Like puting there hand out when saying no in a aggressive and loud why and seeing the
batsmen angry if they ran out there partner or themself's. So many little things could
be put in, it's the time frame in the end guys.

Also chief how much cricket does the boys watch ?
Do they play for real ?

Do you have a note pad with you like a writer does when they do a book ?

How much time is there left before the cut off point is here ?

Good luck and counting the days till me can see the time and effort you
guys have put into the game.:D

Cricket games have had stamina for bowlers, but never for batsmen. I feel that this would be a vital addition to running between the wickets. Also, it could have knock-on effects. For example, if a wicket-keeper is in the team that bats first and scores a draining century, his keeping in the second innings could be affected as a result of lower energy.

Cricket games have had stamina for bowlers, but never for batsmen. I feel that this would be a vital addition to running between the wickets. Also, it could have knock-on effects. For example, if a wicket-keeper is in the team that bats first and scores a draining century, his keeping in the second innings could be affected as a result of lower energy.

I think this should be fairly easy to implement as well. They could have a parameter called as `active playing time`. For example, the active playing time for a genuine fast bowler till he drops down in stamina would be far lower than that for a spinner or a batsman. For example, it would be lower in general for fielders but would still have an effect, say a team fielding for a day and a half before coming out to bat would have their openers coming up with lower stamina than on first session of day 1. They could decide the stamina drop based upon the `active playing time` that would be something of this order, quick bowlers > medium pacers > spinners > batsman (who mostly scores through singles/twos) > batsman scoring through boundary filled innings > fielders with not much running around to do > fielders who covered more yards. For fielders and for players in general you could look at distance covered on the field which would obviously be the driving factor and hence not very different to a stamina system like in FIFA. Also, have the drop rates for stamina vary from condition to condition. Drop in stamina would be far lower in hot and humid Mumbai than at Lords on a pleasant day. This would just be a matter of accounting for it through some factoring value.

Users who are viewing this thread