Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Im sure Virtual pool 3 had a resume feature for online if u were disconnected not sure about stopping and restarting tho.

Obviously this won't work. But I take it if both people saved the same match, therefore having the same save files. It wouldnt work that way?

It's getting towards the outlying edges of my technical knowledge, but there's a reason this wasn't possible (or we'd certainly have it in by now!): certainly on consoles...

Ideally a like-for-like scenario can be identified from another game so we can understand how it fulfills the technical requirements of the platform.

----------

Im sure Virtual pool 3 had a resume feature for online if u were disconnected not sure about stopping and restarting tho.

Well technically that MUST fulfill the criteria: will have a look! Thanks.
EDIT: Hmm. Although was PC and PS1? Ideally we need a 360 or PS3 example, as requirements differ from platform to platform...

Oh yes, don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to have challenging ai matches. But there's nothing quite like playing another cricket fan. And all I'm saying is I will get bored of the whole "swing 6" or "swing miss" t20 style very quickly. But like I've said. That's just me.

I am completely with you on that. Hopefully even shorter games will provide enough challenge online for players to have to play strategic cricket rather than only smash and grab. If I look at my own schedule I cannot even envisage me playing a test with someone without it being stretched out over a number of weeks......

hi chief i did post this question already but got no response, i understand u r busy with other stuff but i wud really appreciate if u could reply. is there any chance guys could put in an advanced editing mode like custom chest logos, custom player faces that we could upload/download bcuz I feel the longevity of the game cud b very very much enhanced with an option to edit teams/players that are not licensed I'm sure almost evry cricket game fan would love that option bcuz that way we could create classic teams or even create/edit teams to play ipl,big bash,champs league t20 english county matches too. And also any chance of a licensed torno being involved may b previous t20 world cup or upcoming icc champs trophy? and thank u guys for mking another cricket game as it feels like ic10 was out a century ago

Hi Chief

The game should be more interesting (not only in gameplay) to attract more peoples.
For ex:
When we play this game first time...the user can select one international team for their own profile..first time the user have default money for that team..
then user should earn money during gameplay which will be more interesting and also the user wil be more eager to play that game regularly..so we can buy any player for their team or spending some money for injured player to get well soon..some player should have contract basis if that contract expires then we need to renew his contract...and also player can purchase any branded kits(bat,glove etc..) that should improve the player performance..and also if that team participating any tournaments d wins that tournament the user can earn more money.. really this will be interesting one not only for gameplay and also the user can maintain their own team...

Pls reply for my suggestions...thanks

Errr isn't that manager/player mode? I'd love to have one, but as a mode. The basic game should allow the user to do whatever the hell they want (quick game, modes, roster management etc).

I still have my concerns over the game longevity. It's second in my priority list after gameplay. I mean there won't be any career mode this year and I am giving up my hopes on domestic teams as well so we can atleast expect some more tournaments? or custom tournaments with ability to customize anything from venues to number of matches/teams participating.

Or something like challenge mode and huge amount of unlockables. Maybe some special Ashes mode (like EA.did with Ashes scenarios), something that can keep me hooked for a long time. I hope the developers have some nice idea about this. Only reason cricket 07 is still played by many people is because of it's customization and longevity. Hope you understand, thanks!

Career mode which is essentially tours. The computer can pick the touring teams and schedules for the Future Tours Programme. It could be based on the real world scenario where every alternate year, a specific series takes place.
Using that, the computer can simulate the Team Rankings too.
But with the following releases we hope to see the 'be a pro' like career being developed?

Career mode which is essentially tours. The computer can pick the touring teams and schedules for the Future Tours Programme. It could be based on the real world scenario where every alternate year, a specific series takes place.
Using that, the computer can simulate the Team Rankings too.
But with the following releases we hope to see the 'be a pro' like career being developed?

Guys there will be no career mode this time for ashes 2013, maybe chief
has some secret mode for the future but no career mode.
But bigant does guys so one is better than nothing.:yes

Guys there will be no career mode this time for ashes 2013, maybe chief
has some secret mode for the future but no career mode.
But bigant does guys so one is better than nothing.:yes

I believe he never said we don't have a career mode. And my post was in line with that. And by career, I obviously meant touring.
And here is Chief's post...

As I say, we're trying to implement something that will bring a bit more longevity than previous versions... But I certainly wouldn't promise a "career mode" that is anywhere near MLB or FIFA in its complexity...

I believe he never said we don't have a career mode. And my post was in line with that. And by career, I obviously meant touring.
And here is Chief's post...

True, my guess would be the full ashes like mode.
Meaning all the games,test,oneday and the popcorn t20 also.
I would like something like that guys.:D

And by career, I obviously meant touring..

I've already asked both developers more than once if we will be able to make our own custom tours. My question was never answed on either forum. So even though it would seem like an obvious thing to add. It's been overlooked or just not considered necessary. :(

I've already asked both developers more than once if we will be able to make our own custom tours. My question was never answed on either forum. So even though it would seem like an obvious thing to add. It's been overlooked or just not considered necessary. :(

To be honest they have all the power at the moment.
When we no all the features then we can move on and stop
dreaming about things we could get like tours,career or highlights.

Still chief has been more open than ross of late, both games have been
like a secret new movie, say starwars but without the silly rumors.:noway

Actually I do remember Chief stating in one of the threads that there will be no career mode for THIS version so don't get your hopes up. Probably we can expect some in next installment but not for this one surely.

Users who are viewing this thread