Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I guess when you start to play the game in testing chief.
You can see if any more is needed to make it all flow better.
Still that youtube video of james anderson is perfect to model
a cricket game off. Good luck guys and can't wait to see the game
in action next year :D

Please include the ability to be able to bat in a cap when facing spinners.

Thats a fantastic idea, would really add a touch of realism and if the players faces are like their real life counterparts it would be even better as the helmet usually obscures the faces a little.

Hey chief sorry i think i posted this question on another thread but i dont think i managed to post it, jus wanted to ask if you guys could put in an advanced editing mode like custom chest logos, custom player faces that we could upload/download bcuz I feel the longevity of the game cud b very very much enhanced with an option to edit teams/players that are not licensed I'm sure almost evry cricket game fan would love that option bcuz that way we could create classic teams or even creatr/edit teams to play ipl,big bash,champs league t20 english county matches too. And also any chance of a licensed torno being involved may b previous t20 world cup or upcoming icc champs trophy? Wud really appreciate if cud answer this question and thank u guys for mking another cricket game as it feels like ic10 was out a century ago

Tell us about player attributes. I bet you can get the gameplay right, but with imbalanced/incorrect attributes on the roster, it would still be hindered. NBA 2K is evidence of it.

We're been reviewing the catching mechanic. The whole design philosophy this time is to make it 50% about execution and 50% decision, but whilst with batting and bowling that's easier to achieve, fielding is tougher.
I'm hoping that we'll have different mechanics for different SORTS of catches:
1) Aerial ones which are about judgement of where the ball will land, and watching the ball into your hands
2) Close in, low catches that are about reflex: these ARE basically real-life "quick-time events"!
3) Wicket keeper catches are equally about reflex, but also anticipation of where the ball will end up before it arrives.

These are the sort of things we're working on.

So are we allowed to move the player while catching 'aerial' ones?
And is possible to have more than one people trying to catch the ball, which often results in a drop or a spectacular catch? Obviously we cant control more than one, but maybe the AI can take care of their reactions?

will the players have different body types !!! like tall faster bowlers and short wicket keepers or will every players looks like sachin tendulkar

will the players have different body types !!! like tall faster bowlers and short wicket keepers or will every players looks like sachin tendulkar

This variance needs to be implemented, i feel. Not just by means of templates but by means of scrolling from say 6'10 down to around 5'0.

Will batsmen have certain weakpoints in there game, that a confident bowler can exploit?

Other games have had them listed before like in ea07 cricket, but it never felt that any of the weak points were actually there, if you get what i mean

Like KP weakness against left arm spin, short ball, slower ball

Is there any kind of wicketkeeper control? I feel like quick stumpings should be in the control of the user. It could be really exciting.

Taunts after beating the batsman by a fast bowler at the push of a button would also be a nice addition. Players, when they play online, can play mind games with each other as a result. If this isn't possible, I recommend a small taunt emoticon or something that players can use in the chat while they play each other.

Please tell me the players can talk or type to each other while playing online.

Last edited:
Hi Chief

The game should be more interesting (not only in gameplay) to attract more peoples.
For ex:
When we play this game first time...the user can select one international team for their own profile..first time the user have default money for that team..
then user should earn money during gameplay which will be more interesting and also the user wil be more eager to play that game regularly..so we can buy any player for their team or spending some money for injured player to get well soon..some player should have contract basis if that contract expires then we need to renew his contract...and also player can purchase any branded kits(bat,glove etc..) that should improve the player performance..and also if that team participating any tournaments d wins that tournament the user can earn more money.. really this will be interesting one not only for gameplay and also the user can maintain their own team...

Pls reply for my suggestions...thanks

When we play this game first time...the user can select one international team for their own profile
This is nice idea. Don't know whether they will implement what you have written after that. But it should at least have instant match like Fifa. Select your favourite team and have instant match option on the main screen. So when you select it, the game directly goes to 5 overs match (maybe settings menu to change the default overs or even rivals and stadium?) with any random opposition.

It shouldn't be too hard to implement I guess?

I second this, player sizes. Please chief this should not be to
hard to put in this game. I don't want to see David Warner being the
same size as siddle or any one taller.:spy

Users who are viewing this thread