Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Mike

Will Australia have all 4 of there kits?
When are you going to name the stadiums in the game?

It's, 'their' ...and yes, they have the license so I would expect them to fully utilize all the options.

It's, 'their' ...and yes, they have the license so I would expect them to fully utilize all the options.

I've never quite understood how licensing interacts with stadiums. Games like Cricket Coach and ICC (in the past) have stadium names, and I'm sure they had no official licenses. I thought the licenses only covered the property of the respective cricket boards, and I don't think the grounds belong to the national cricket boards. Maybe something to do with "likeness" (visual) of the stadium?

Also, a million billion points for using CM Punk's Grammar Slam.

Hi Guys, Here is a quick update of this week's production priorities - Work continues on hopefully the last of the technical issues that have plagued us in the past, player logic update, multiplayer testing, additional content inclusion continues, bug fixing, optimisation and did I mention bug fixing.

I will give you another WIP update on Friday. Congrats to Amy & partner?

Useless to know all these. Tell us about the features /gameplay experience instead when you can.

I've never quite understood how licensing interacts with stadiums. Games like Cricket Coach and ICC (in the past) have stadium names, and I'm sure they had no official licenses.

I think (and Mike could prolly elaborate) but the licences relate to the name of the stadium, the official layout of the ground and signage (etc). You've always had "Melbourne" in Cricket Games since Zeus was a thunder-thowing tiny tot, but as far as I know it's never been officially licenced as the "Melbourne Cricket Ground" with the proper layout and so on... at least, that's what we were told in the Trickstar/505 presentation that it's the first time it's officially been licensed. I'm assuming you can have similar LOOKING grounds, but never 100% accurate ones. For example, the name "Eden Park" (for Auckland) is a trademarked brand name, therefore you can't ever call it "Eden Park" or have the stadium logos in a game without paying for the rights to do so, but you could have a similar looking stadium called "Auckland". That's my rudimentary understanding of how it works... Basically, the same way you can have "Andrew Fluntiff" playing for England in game, but not Andrew Flintoff.

Also, a million billion points for using CM Punk's Grammar Slam.

...only the finest humans in our society shall educate today's youth.

Interesting that the past grounds did look identical to the MCG etc yet from the Sneak Peak trailer for Bradman Cricket it felt like the MCG but clearly had some significant differences (the grandstand heights were different)

Placement of the scoreboards as well was quite different to the 'real' G ...I think they're allowed to have them look similar, but can't use the "official" branding and so on... As Matt said a while ago, the Ashes2009 "MCG" looks pretty much like the "G" but when you look a bit closer... it's only a threadbare likeness.

Dear Mr Fegan;

Please either close or properly moderate your official forums; assuming that they are being run by you guys, and not 505. Having fine threads like this makes Trickstar and 505 both look very unprofessional, and certainly doesn't help your case, as casual people are much more likely to check there, than here on Planet Cricket. Also, they are not really needed now that you are posting detailed information on here, and not on your "official" forums. Generally, the only value for official forums is direct contact with the developers, something that we here are getting an unprecedented and very much appreciated amount of from both yourself and the guys at Big Ant; and the official forums aren't, instead insulting your major licensee.

Regards,

IceAgeComing

PS: At least ban donko1982 - that would help a great deal!

You've always had "Melbourne" in Cricket Games since Zeus was a thunder-thowing tiny tot, but as far as I know it's never been officially licenced as the "Melbourne Cricket Ground" with the proper layout and so on...

In a cricket game. I think it's appeared in AFL games before.

Dear Mr Fegan;

Please either close or properly moderate your official forums; assuming that they are being run by you guys, and not 505. Having fine threads like this makes Trickstar and 505 both look very unprofessional, and certainly doesn't help your case, as casual people are much more likely to check there, than here on Planet Cricket. Also, they are not really needed now that you are posting detailed information on here, and not on your "official" forums. Generally, the only value for official forums is direct contact with the developers, something that we here are getting an unprecedented and very much appreciated amount of from both yourself and the guys at Big Ant; and the official forums aren't, instead insulting your major licensee.

Regards,

IceAgeComing

PS: At least ban donko1982 - that would help a great deal!

I second this Mike, I go once a day to have a laugh at this site, with highlights being the selling of Kitchens/Shoes and so on but members like this idiot Donko is just teasing in the wrong way. PS People he is asking if Monty Panesar will have a piss and a crap on the field in the game and I am not joking.:facepalm

and I thought he couldn't get any worse than "are superman and batman in the game"...

and I thought he couldn't get any worse than "are superman and batman in the game"...

Yeah I can't wait to see what he comes up with next :facepalm. PS We all say something stupid from time to time but this guy never takes anything serious.

I think (and Mike could prolly elaborate) but the licences relate to the name of the stadium, the official layout of the ground and signage (etc). I'm assuming you can have similar LOOKING grounds, but never 100% accurate ones. For example, the name "Eden Park" (for Auckland) is a trademarked brand name, therefore you can't ever call it "Eden Park" or have the stadium logos in a game without paying for the rights to do so, but you could have a similar looking stadium called "Auckland".

Yep. Seems to be a difference between using the name and using a graphical representation of the stadium. I think this is why Cricket Coach can do it, because everything from the University Ground in Lucknow to the MCG is a green glob with no defining characteristics, and the same reason why Football Manager can use names of clubs and stadiums without having licenses to particular leagues.

...only the finest humans in our society shall educate today's youth.
Yessir. Several are in need of said education. Or alternatively, a glass bottle to the head.

Users who are viewing this thread