Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

From what Chief has said before there are some quite tricky legal and privacy issues involved in just adding people into your game.

Not the imaginary/fake ones though like whiteinness mentioned. Key for them would be to create a team which represents a community like AC13 FB Team or AC13 Forum team without adding specific users.

They can always make an announcement on the lines of "This is our way to show appreciation to our supporters and fans who have backed us throughout the process.... yada yada yada...". People can add themselves to the team but at the same time think that the gaming developer/publisher thought them important enough to be added into the game.

From what Chief has said before there are some quite tricky legal and privacy issues involved in just adding people into your game.

Yeah I would think most people would not want their name associated with this game and would sue if their name was used without permission:D

i don't think it's possible for them to do this.

here at PC it's a relatively small and engaged group that can't be compared to facebook. also, they have the mechanism of CA to achieve it. anything Ashes could do wouldn't be as good and would be such a half-baked rip-off they'd be laughed out of town.

i would guess it will be one of:

Aus A / England Lions,
An "All Time Ashes" Team with composites from current licenses and retired players they can license individually
or 11 Chris Gayles.

Not the imaginary/fake ones though like whiteinness mentioned. Key for them would be to create a team which represents a community like AC13 FB Team or AC13 Forum team without adding specific users.

They can always make an announcement on the lines of "This is our way to show appreciation to our supporters and fans who have backed us throughout the process.... yada yada yada...". People can add themselves to the team but at the same time think that the gaming developer/publisher thought them important enough to be added into the game.

For me the special thing would be being in the released game: THAT would be a badge of honour. That's why the community competition was run where people could vote for their team to be included in the released game.
It's not really the same thing as adding yourself manually into it? I mean, you can do that in pretty much every sports game?

As I've said before adding an unlicensed England Lions/Aus A would make a lot of sense as then licensing restrictions wouldn't get in the way of making composite teams etc.
Adding the USA also makes sense as it's the biggest cricket nation not included at present (and they will want to sell in the North American market) but I'm not sure it would get such a big fanfare as its getting were that the case.

They said licensed though. Trickstar has just as much right to use my likeness as they do Sachin Tendulkar's.

(I can't imagine I'd be on top of their list though)

They said licensed though
Did they? This is literally all that was said on it,
all content in now in with the exception of a new team which 505 Games will make an announcement about shortly.

It's hard enough for Mike to match up to what he has said about the game, let alone things he hasn't.

Which begs the question why mention another team being added if in fact, that team isn't a big deal at all?

you'd think though wouldn't you, that a team worthy of an announcement by the publisher, must be pretty "special"? and would assume therefore licensed?

505 putting out a press release saying "we have now added an Australia A side, this is an unlicensed team with no edit restrictions so your generic avatar can not quite break into the test team" would be somewhat underwhelming, no?

----------

Which begs the question why mention another team being added if in fact, that team isn't a big deal at all?

beat me to it!

That's why I assume it will be a licensed Australia A - but they haven't promised a licensed team or said anything else about it yet.

I just wanted to say - we were all annoyed that the game's release was delayed and eventually postponed, but they did that because they knew that their game simply wasn't ready for release - they did the right thing.

Shame Creative Assembly didn't do likewise with Rome 2! If ever a game was released too early, that was it...

Users who are viewing this thread