Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

We will not know how much the mistakes they have made will cost them till the game is out and sale figures come in. PS I do wonder where mike has gone, will we see him again soon or not.:spy

I am still around and I check in everyday but feel if I have nothing positive to say then stay quiet until I do. I also like to follow your opinions which I may not sometimes agree with but I do appreciate your passion about cricket & cricket games. Several months ago I came to the assumption that "action is louder than words" so that's what we have been doing and we still need to redeem ourselves by November, 2013.

----------

So we'll take it that Mike Fegan is still learning?

I hope I never stop learning!

Mike,
I was wondering whether 505 Games have another game release event planned similar to the one they held at Lord's way back in April (or was it May) early this year?

Mike, I'd like to know one thing - have you played AC13 recently? If yes, how's the game in your point of view? Also, with which previous codie/trickstar cricket game do you compare this game, in terms of depth?

Miike we are still waiting for you to shed some light on "all the other game's features and much more" comment. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I guess you should explain the aforementioned statement.

Mike - as a website developer I fully understand that is it extremely difficult to provide an accurate timeframe for when something is going to be completed. I think your messages above imply you've learnt that it is better in this case not to be specific about dates that you can not completely control.

However the point remains, you did state some facts definitively here and on Facebook, then contradicted yourself:

- "all being revealed early September", changing to "later this month"
- "marketing assets being ready this week" to "ready next week" to "ready in the next couple of weeks"

I'm sure you can understand the frustration this causes. I'm sure that there were completely valid reasons for the delays, which are always inevitable.

But, while you absolutely no requirement to in the slightest, it would be so nice to just hear a simple statement such as 'the assets took us slightly longer to develop than expected', rather than just changing your response or not responding at all. I'm sure that would appease a large number of people.

as a website developer...

That's probably where your point-of-comparison starts and finishes. Building a website and creating a cricket game for consoles and PC are two completely different things. It's a bit like me saying "Mike, as a second hand import car dealership owner, I know all about winding back odometers... but why can't you wind back time and move the release date?"

EDIT:

Also, for what it's worth... hearing about the complications, problems and challenges they faced making the game is something for a YouTube behind the scenes video AFTER the game has released. I don't really need to see how the Hamburger is made before I eat it.

I'm not quite sure what points you're trying to make.

I completely agree they are two very different things, which is why I didn't take the comparison anywhere near as far as your example. Other jobs involve deadlines and inevitable delays. People doing the work in those jobs understand delays better than people receiving the work done. Are you saying that is untrue, or agreeing with me?

As for the second point, I completely agree again. In a developer/client situation, it's important developers inform clients the reasons for the delay. Here we are not the clients, and have absolutely no need or right to know the details. I'm just saying it would actually be nice for the developer to say they made a mistake, rather than pretend it never happened.

You're assuming they believe a mistake was made. Delays are incredibly common in the games industry and the wider multimedia world. We're owed absolutely nothing, because we're a third party website forum. There's a little delusion of grandeur going on when folks start demanding apologies for things we're not entitled to know about or be involved in. Ross is the exception to the norm when it comes to the BigAnt product, we're incredibly lucky.

Delays are incredibly common in the games industry and the wider multimedia world. We're owed absolutely nothing, because we're a third party website forum. There's a little delusion of grandeur going on when folks start demanding apologies for things we're not entitled to know about or be involved in. Ross is the exception to the norm when it comes to the BigAnt product, we're incredibly lucky.

I agree 100% with all of these sentences (in fact you've basically just repeated most of the things that I said myself). So I'm still a little lost as to whether you are agreeing with me or disagreeing, since it seems like a general feeling of disagreement.

You're assuming they believe a mistake was made.

No, I'm assuming a mistake was made. Are you saying that stating something as fact, then it turning out to not be true, is not a mistake?

I'm going to bring you back to my 'delusions of grandeur' point.

Which is? I said that myself in both posts, that we have no right to demand anything nor expect to receive it.

Do you even read what you write?

it would be so nice to just hear a simple statement such as 'the assets took us slightly longer to develop than expected', rather than just changing your response or not responding at all. I'm sure that would appease a large number of people.

We're owed nothing. Case closed. Move on.

Yes, I can read, but apparently you can not.

I have stated very clearly that we have no right to an explanation, and I have not demanded one. I have simply said it would be nice if one was freely provided.

It's not going to be.

Several months ago I came to the assumption that "action is louder than words" so that's what we have been doing and we still need to redeem ourselves by November, 2013.

Move on.

Users who are viewing this thread