Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Because all of the competition for that spot didn't have online play at all?

AC2009 had online which worked perfectly even if its from same dev's

Even Cricket Revolution had online that atleast worked and was well supported with atleast two major updates

Last edited:
Even Cricket Revolution had online that atleast worked and was well supported with atleast two major updates
My point is that of the games I'd consider up there as the best we've had (BLIC 05, EA Cricket 04, etc.), online wasn't a feature in any of them, except AC09/IC2010 - which I essentially lump in as IC2010 because I can't think of anywhere besides online (which is moot now the servers are off) where there is a feature regression.

Ignoring of course that we really should have just gotten a finished patch for AC09, and then a further improved Ashes Cricket 2011 for the Australian summer.

Bit of revisionist history going on, "online" wasn't a terribly big deal back in 'ought ten... certainly wasn't in owe nine for cricket gaming and we've seen the numbers (in this thread actually) for the online play was a very small proportion of overall buyers. More people have access to the internet today than they did a year ago, let alone 3 years ago... so there's greater demand. Online wasn't a huge selling point for a cricket game, just getting one at all was a pretty big deal (as it, unfortunately, is today...)

It also depends on gamers' interest with online feature. Personally i am not a fan of playing online in a cricket game as I always prefer to play tests + championship modes more than online one.

IC 2010 and AC09, without any doubts - they were best among the cricket games of last decade( compared to BLIC and EA series ) and I still play them. It is just my way of feeling it, and it really depends for every gamers. :)

IC 2010 and AC09, without any doubts - they were best among the cricket games of last decade( compared to BLIC and EA series ) and I still play them. It is just my way of feeling it, and it really depends for every gamers. :)

Definitely the best since BLIC'99. But the crowd in IC'10 wasn't cheerful enough. An excitement within a sports game can certainly motivate you. Fix this issue & add more stadiums (for a change) I am good to go with it.

attachment.php
FOR PS3, XBOX AND PC BY TRICKSTAR GAMES​

Attachments

• EarlySeptember.png
    EarlySeptember.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 256
this game, the admin of it, development everything has become a shambles, I think the south African government is better organised, might just as well close this page.

this game, the admin of it, development everything has become a shambles, I think the south African government is better organised, might just as well close this page.

Really? Are you that pessimistic about our Country?

You forgot the trademark logo, Biggs.
I hope you do not get sued for it.;)

If they sue Biggs then maybe they will finish the game on time for once, i forgot Biggs how much are you worth these days.:D

haha, may be it could mean early November as well. On track for a 'ghost' release. :p

haha, may be it could mean early November as well. On track for a 'ghost' release. :p

Somewhere at the end of November we'll see the "we are padding up version. 2.0" with WIP screens, then there would be immense criticism from our side & complete silence from Trickstar/505. On 29th November Mike Faking would announce that the complete game-software was deleted by an intentional-accident so they are going back to the scratch & the game would now be released early 2015 (that's like late 2016 in 505/Trickstar calendar year).

Curse it! I had so much hope for this game. :facepalm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread