Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

How can you judge a game without playing it
The fact they won't show it other than still screenshots and haven't said a word about the game in four months?

Simply put - if the game is good, they've done themselves a massive disservice with how they've gone about promoting it, especially in this last month. If it isn't good, then the signs are there for you to see.

Thank God ... Ashes cricket 2013 not coming on console I will wait for Don brad man cricket 14 to release Hopefully This year ......

As far as I'm concerned anyone from here who buys this game has no respect for themselves as a consumer. Both through the way 505 Games/Trickstar have acted, and through the end quality of the game. For those keeping score at home Ashes 13 fails on both counts.

Its all well to say its only $20. But if everyone followed this principle then the game would sell very well. And that just sends a message to developers that cricket gamers will buy anything if you plonk a license onto it. And as a market it is easy to take advantage of. The attitude of buying a cricket game just because its a cricket game is stupid.

And I'd be saying this even if DB14 wasn't in the picture. I won't be touching this with a 20 foot pole. Even if it does turn out to be playable

As far as I'm concerned anyone from here who buys this game has no respect for themselves as a consumer. Both through the way 505 Games/Trickstar have acted, and through the end quality of the game. For those keeping score at home Ashes 13 fails on both counts.

Its all well to say its only $20. But if everyone followed this principle then the game would sell very well. And that just sends a message to developers that cricket gamers will buy anything if you plonk a license onto it. And as a market it is easy to take advantage of. The attitude of buying a cricket game just because its a cricket game is stupid.

And I'd be saying this even if DB14 wasn't in the picture. I won't be touching this with a 20 foot pole. Even if it does turn out to be playable

+1

And then people crib about getting rubbish cricket games :facepalm

And again, it is my personal discretion to buy a game or not...

It absolutely is. But you void any right to complain that we don't get enough quality/regular cricket games if you do...

Biggs can actually patch this game in kits arena like his excellent AC09 ones. ;) come'on Biggs, buy this game :p

As I said before, that's what bugs me - buying this then complaining about how ill the cricket market is served.

Look at the manual, look at the controls, look at the screenshots: with no other information that's already enough not to buy. As a forum member, with a the information we've got and knowing how trickstar behaved buying the game is indefensible.

Buy the bloody thing if you have to, just don't try and justify it. You bought it because you're a mug, end of.

Buy it to keep the Ashes in the "safe pair of hands" it is in now.

Users who are viewing this thread