Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

One of our artists named his child with the middle name "Danger"... I'm sure it was funny at the time?

I only know this because we have a "new arrivals" section in credits and I had to check if the "Danger" needed to be in quotes... he said no, that's his real name.

All of the achievements end with "...in single player" - that seems to imply that there was a late decision to scrap multiplayer; after they programmed in the achievements?

All of the achievements end with "...in single player" - that seems to imply that there was a late decision to scrap multiplayer; after they programmed in the achievements?

Multiplayer will be turned on late via DLC :spy

----------

I just wish that someone messed up while making the manual. Because no footwork selection option is like two steps backwards. Even Ashes 09 had that. It would be criminal to scrap that option.

SCG isn't going to be licensed in this game right?
I've not heard whether DBC14 has the exclusive license or not. "Play The Ashes as Australia or England. Play either series, consisting of five Test matches located at real match venues in both Australia and the UK." is vague enough that it doesn't exactly mean play at all the correct match venues, just 'real' match venues from Australia and the UK.

As an aside - I've done some testing of my ability to stream the game being played live - I'm limited by my upload speed, so take a look at the cached recording of it on YouTube and let me know if you think it will be worth trying with AC13, or if I should just record at full quality and upload clips once I'm finished?

About the release date, everyone is saying it is Friday but when i go to stem from my pc it shows 21st November as release. Is that same for everyone else?

I've not heard whether DBC14 has the exclusive license or not. "Play The Ashes as Australia or England. Play either series, consisting of five Test matches located at real match venues in both Australia and the UK." is vague enough that it doesn't exactly mean play at all the correct match venues, just 'real' match venues from Australia and the UK.

As an aside - I've done some testing of my ability to stream the game being played live - I'm limited by my upload speed, so take a look at the cached recording of it on YouTube and let me know if you think it will be worth trying with AC13, or if I should just record at full quality and upload clips once I'm finished?

Can you do it in 720P Matt as the game needs all the help it can get.:D

----------

About the release date, everyone is saying it is Friday but when i go to stem from my pc it shows 21st November as release. Is that same for everyone else?

There was a timer somewhere I saw mate, when I payed for it(Still feeling Sick) the time said 2 days and 5 hours and that was like 7am this morning.

Looks fine to me
Yay!

The release falls on the 21st for some timezones, including the US where Steam is based, but the countdown puts it at 1am GMT, midday AEDT, 6:30am IST on Friday, so I'm calling it a Friday release.

Can you do it in 720P Matt as the game needs all the help it can get.
I'm pushing my upload speed doing 360p.

After I've done an initial stream of a match in the game and gone through the menus or other things people want a quick look at (I'll have another screen showing the comments on here/youtube) I can then go and record some HD stuff from the game and upload it separately in better quality - but those would be short clips.

Okay nice. I'd look forward to your review before buying it.

I wish sometime in future, cricket games become so demanding due to textures and graphics that we have to worry about system requirements. If we have to worry about that with Ashes 13, it would be due to bad optimization.

Users who are viewing this thread