Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

There is an Age of Empires II HD on steam :o for 20 bucks ..

the game, my friends, is on !

I wonder if the DVD release of the game on PC will actually be 29/11? One of my friends works for Amazon and he has checked their internal release schedule and they are due to receive PC version of this on Monday (25/11) for release on Friday (29/11).

He says that there is no release schedule for the console version.

if they are now not advertising any console release, it's got to be a huge sign that it will not be releasing on console...

surprised they are even bothering with advertising, unless it was already paid for.

Well i think that kinda puts speculation to rest. No console release for this game. Unless they plan to rebrand it as IC 2014 and release it next year on consoles only.

That's about as close as we will get to confirmation of a no-show on consoles. This is great news for us, DBC14 fans.

I think the advert is the closest to an official word we will get for a while, and considering how poorly they've communicated, and how they seem to have taken money off people almost every step of the way, I would find it very surprising if they weren't completely sure before they took the advert for other consoles away. However, they are still taking console pre-orders on Amazon, although at double the price of the PC version, so I'm still slightly confused, unless they have to wait to take it away because of legal reasons, similar to announcing the delay two days before release.

Considering they haven't actually announced the game will be sold on Steam on Friday, I'm not surprised they haven't gotten around to telling all the retailers to refund those pre-orders.

Considering they haven't actually announced the game will be sold on Steam on Friday, I'm not surprised they haven't gotten around to telling all the retailers to refund those pre-orders.

it's truly unbelievable that neither the publisher or developer has said a word. bizarre.

But Matt you don't really pay up front for pre-orders. When I pre-order a game on shopto or zavvi they only charge me when the game is shipped so there shouldn't be any need to say anything about refunding pre-orders.

But Matt you don't really pay up front for pre-orders. When I pre-order a game on shopto or zavvi they only charge me when the game is shipped so there shouldn't be any need to say anything about refunding pre-orders.
Online ones that charge credit cards sure - but retail stores will usually take a deposit and some online stores do actually charge up front.

Some people like the idea of someone taking their money for something, even if just so you don't spend it on KFC and a movie instead.

I've emailed 505 and they confirmed it, but yes it is strange that we've not seen an announcement on their forums, facebook twitter etc..

Also ShopTo has changed the PS3, XBOX and Wii version of the game to 'TBC' whereas the PC version hasn't changed. I guess that means good news for Ross and DBC potentially.

BZhvL5-CAAAp7QM.png:large

Perhaps the TBC for the console versions is the retail equivalent of 'early September'.

Online ones that charge credit cards sure - but retail stores will usually take a deposit and some online stores do actually charge up front.

Some people like the idea of someone taking their money for something, even if just so you don't spend it on KFC and a movie instead.

Interesting. I personally wouldn't pre-order at those retailers. But isn't there a time-frame for which the pre-order holds good? I mean AC13 pre-orders started way back in April. Can the retailers hold the pre-order money for so long? I would assume if the game doesn't release within 2-3 months of taking the pre-order the money is returned and pre-order cancelled by default.

If that's not the case I can come up with a cricket or footie game, collect pre-order money and get interest on it for a year and then return the money stating the game is canned and keep the interest. Maybe this was AC13's plan all along - they get their cut off the pre-order interest :lol

I've emailed 505 and they confirmed it, but yes it is strange that we've not seen an announcement on their forums, facebook twitter etc..

Also ShopTo has changed the PS3, XBOX and Wii version of the game to 'TBC' whereas the PC version hasn't changed. I guess that means good news for Ross and DBC potentially.

as in, confirmed it will not release on console?

Users who are viewing this thread