Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I think had it not been for the contractual clause(s) the game would have been cancelled. Trickstar & 505 now know (or have known it since long) that not only is their game inferior to the competitors product but also of their own (AC'09 & IC'10) both in terms of graphics & gameplay. Now I know Trickstar has not advertised their game play but how many of us do actually expect similar gameplay elements in AC'13 as in DBC'14? I for one have serious doubts that AC'13 has as much flexibility in batting shots as DBC'14.

Trickstar should move on from this game & reinvent themselves, & 505 should move on to other developers.

Chances are the game will be terrible. But dont forget the issues they were having werent PC related if i remember correctly. We clearly cant trust what thye have said previously but according to Fegan the PC version was running fine, it was the console versions which were having issues with memory leaks etc. This could be half playable.

Was thinking about the contractual thing. Surely the contract would have details like multi platform, retail etc. and not just "deliver an ashes game"... I don't think a steam only pc release would get them past that.

My guess is barmy is right that they could have pulped it, but a PC only release is an attempt to get some money back, reasoning they can make more than it would cost to distribute and they can claw back some of the costs already sunk.

----------

Chances are the game will be terrible. But dont forget the issues they were having werent PC related if i remember correctly. We clearly cant trust what thye have said previously but according to Fegan the PC version was running fine, it was the console versions which were having issues with memory leaks etc. This could be half playable.

Youre right that the PC version was apparently stable, but the crappy game was across all platforms.

Emailed 505 regarding console version.

505 Games said:

Now, that is a great place to refer people to go go...

What is he first link there? The forum... What is the first thread in the forum?...

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD

Due for release on home consoles and PC, ASHES CRICKET 2013, will be the ultimate companion to the live action across the year.

You couldn't make this shit up...

Game wll be available on 21 Nov. on Steam right guys???
it shows 15 gb hdd space requirnment......Still think it's crappy?
i think it'll be average

i think it'll be average

Me too.. I don't think it will be as bad as we think
at least I hope so ;)

I don't really give much importance to graphics but if there gameplay is half as good of what was declared, then I would be very happy

to say the least we atleast have a new cricket game (waiting for so long)

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

at least I hope so ;)

I don't really give much importance to graphics but if there gameplay is half as good of what was declared, then I would be very happy

As a console gamer its Makes me more sad now :(

at least I hope so ;)

Seriously, the controls show no front/back foot selection; 2 of the 4 screenshots show the red delivery marker in the bowler's half of the pitch and the batsman playing a front foot drive. How good do you really think the game play will be?

i think it'll be average

I don't see what hard drive capacity has to do with the quality of the game?

I don't see what hard drive capacity has to do with the quality of the game?

Ofcourse it does... The game will have the most "leakage" ever any game has prodcuce..... that in it self is the best quality cmon.

Make sure people who are buying the game also purchase a Mop and large bucket, There will be lot's of clearing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread