Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

You couldn't make this shit up...

No, no you couldn't... it should be a case study, for something...

----------

Online ones that charge credit cards sure - but retail stores will usually take a deposit and some online stores do actually charge up front.

Some people like the idea of someone taking their money for something, even if just so you don't spend it on KFC and a movie instead.

Probably the only ones "losing" are those that took perfectly good games in for store credit against the pre-order as they haven't been able to play those games.

Ross you must be happy, 99% sure Ashes will not release a console version. PC only.:spy

PS Are you and Mike M in Brisbane for the first test ?

My take on this: Shit Pie is still full of shit and still tastes of shit, even if the thin crust on top covers it up.

I will not be buying this thing, even though I am desperate to play a new game. it will not be this one.

My take on this: Shit Pie is still full of shit and still tastes of shit, even if the thin crust on top covers it up.

I will not be buying this thing, even though I am desperate to play a new game. it will not be this one.

It's ok Dutch I will eat the Shit pie this time ok.:p
PS If the game turns out to be say near Ic2010 level would you try it.

Yet to play it of course, however, based on the manual it cannot be better.

----------

Hey Zim, must be happy your promised Beta is arriving on Friday :p

It's ok Dutch I will eat the Shit pie this time ok.:p
PS If the game turns out to be say near Ic2010 level would you try it.

No. I am going to just wait for DB. I cannot believe the way things have been handled with this game and even 15 euros is too much to give towards something that I feel has utterly damaged cricket gaming and the quality thereof and we have no idea what knock on effects this may have.

Hopefully it will allow BA to develop their game further.

Believe me, and it can be verified, I have stuck my neck out time and time and time and time again to support this game. I have been lied to. I do not want to play that game.

What other people do is fine and I understand and perhaps I will look on with a tinge of envy if the game turns out to be really playable. However I feel for me that this is the right call.

Nowt dramatic and I wont save any polar bears. Just a small principle thing.

Yet to play it of course, however, based on the manual it cannot be better.

----------

Hey Zim, must be happy your promised Beta is arriving on Friday :p

It's going to be a starter meal Ross but when is the mean course coming. PS Hi 5 for a new way to ask for the release date Ross.:p

Agreed with what dutch has said, It is not about how much it cost. The treatment that we have received all the way through the process is no less than appalling.

No. I am going to just wait for DB. I cannot believe the way things have been handled with this game and even 15 euros is too much to give towards something that I feel has utterly damaged cricket gaming and the quality thereof and we have no idea what knock on effects this may have.

Believe me, and it can be verified, I have stuck my neck out time and time and time and time again to support this game. I have been lied to. I do not want to play that game.

What other people do is fine and I understand and perhaps I will look on with a tinge of envy if the game turns out to be really playable. However I feel for me that this is the right call.

Yeah I see your point and it was not a easy decision to pay for it, still soon there will be only one cricket game in the market again, to good to be true last year was to be honest.

It is the only power you have, voting with your wallet.

A small publisher said to me years ago, and he said it often in different forms but always the same top & tail, "shit in a box, Ross, shit in a box, the box sells the game, the disk merely needs to boot, shit in a box". He is now heading a major publisher that has made a fortune with this approach.

It is the only power you have, voting with your wallet.

A small publisher said to me years ago, and he said it often in different forms but always the same top & tail, "shit in a box, Ross, shit in a box, the box sells the game, the disk merely needs to boot, shit in a box". He is now heading a major publisher that has made a fortune with this approach.

Shit In A Box happens to be the name of my local Burger Bar....anyway, Ross for my sake will you please just hurry up and get your game out there so we can play some decent cricket and support a company that has shown to have its heart and its balls in the right place.

Shit In A Box happens to be the name of my local Burger Bar....anyway, Ross for my sake will you please just hurry up and get your game out there so we can play some decent cricket and support a company that has shown to have its heart and its balls in the right place.

He will not reply ...

Now that's the number one way to ask for a release dude. PS Ross runs away to find the release date in the box.:p

He will not reply ...

Thanks for that. It doesnt matter, Ross knows that already a million times. he is just as desperate for us to have the game as we are. I can wait. I always love it when someone turns something positive into a snide comment......and for your info Ross just PM'd me privately the release date. What a guy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread