Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

You never know... the expectation is now so low that it would be hard not to beat it surely?

It would be great to understand how far this game has departed, if at all, from Chief's design.

Personally i feel the game was in better hand when chief was around. although the old principle would have been there. But at least we would have had a playable game. i have not seen cricket game taken such a major backward step.

This game is a major set back and hurtful to the consumers. I hope people do stay away from this game.

And the ones that don't may just feel they've been let down by a cricket game for the last time. Which could hurt big ant.

Hardly. Steam sales will only account for a fraction of the market. Big Ant would be more concerned if AC13 released on consoles.

What % of total sales would be for PC though? The real battle would be on console, and it doesn't look like that will happen.

What % of total sales would be for PC though? The real battle would be on console, and it doesn't look like that will happen.

Agreed, however it is not only % that will be the factor. Cricket games have been stereotype and another feature lack can only dent the reputation further and that is the reason i really wanted DBC14 to come out first.

Hardly. Steam sales will only account for a fraction of the market. Big Ant would be more concerned if AC13 released on consoles.

Strange that you've managed to climb enough out of Ross' arse to leave the DBC sub forum only to talk about a game you're not interested in. All kinds of strange double standards going on.

I'm interested in the game and the potential impact it would have on the market (as the discussion above would dictate to someone who has actually read it). Just not interested in buying it personally.

I'm interested in the game and the potential impact it would have on the market (as the discussion above would dictate to someone who has actually read it). Just not interested in buying it personally.

But hasn't that been enough reason to try and banish me before, you're not interested in buying the game etc...

Anyway, I think this game will actually be alright.

This message is hidden because duded64 is on your ignore list.

Did you find something awesome, apart from the Freckle, in the screenshots? I know it's hard for you to sleep with only "approximately 1 day and 2 hours" left to go.... When you tap SchuperDooper on the shoulder in the morning give him a kiss from me ;)

Edit: Sorry, I should be clear, "not that there's anything wrong with that, each to their own"... and all that.

The key difference would be that you're not interested in buying the other game, nor interested in discussing it in a level headed, informed or reasonable manner.

I'm sure you could engage in sensible and critical discussion of both games if you were willing to actually take note of the facts and observe what is happening in reality for both games.

What's interesting is the amount of negativity about AC13 on the steam forum, plus lack of knowledge of DBC leading to a "we may as well buy it" thought.

Small percentage I am sure, but I wonder what effect it would have on DBC. Could go either way I guess - clearly they will buy cricket games, but could AC13 be enough of a stinker to put them off?

Good to know it is finally releasing tomorrow. Can I purchase it from India on steam? Can't wait to try it out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread