Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I am quite sure I spend more than the money I would need for a gamepad on Tea and other such frivolous fancies.

What?

The lack of communication is clearly because they don't have confidence in the product though...and how does 'Full Marks to 505 if this game even lives up to Half the expectations' make sense? Full marks if they live up to half of the mainly low expectations?

With Christmas round the corner (we are already in the shopping season).. Ashes down under.. starved cricket game lovers. What could possibly be the best time to release a cricket game which based on what the developers say boasts a lot of features, they had an older build during the play session and all i see people doing is talking about the lack of features on the other game.. I might nt b d best man to comment on the strategy but is it a marketing strategy or the lack of confidence in your product.

I must agree that I am not quite sure what chickiboy is trying to say. To get back on topic, I am sure come Friday we shall have videos all over YouTube of Ashes gameplay. So I shall reserve judgement on the game until I see it in action, but to say I am skeptical is an understatement.

The only thing you've said that makes sense. At all.

Well perhaps you are right but i guess as a developer BA could spend more time in getting the right build for PS instead of betting over the release date of the competitor.. I have nothing against you guys but all i can say at the moment is that people on this forum spent a good part of their spare time (even during work hours) in trying to find out updates on the game since october last year.. We have waited for over 12 Months for a Game.. perhaps it would be rather fitting if it provides us such good gameplay that we continue playing it for another year instead of dumping it and playing some other title.. I have always believed that a strategy will only be formulated based on two factors 1) existing competition 2) Product attributes.. Now you do no see any competition with AC13 at all , can't say anything about the product attributes though..

----------

I must agree that I am not quite sure what chickiboy is trying to say. To get back on topic, I am sure come Friday we shall have videos all over YouTube of Ashes gameplay. So I shall reserve judgement on the game until I see it in action, but to say I am skeptical is an understatement.

I appreciate that..:clap

Well perhaps you are right but i guess as a developer BA could spend more time in getting the right build for PS instead of betting over the release date of the competitor.. I have nothing against you guys but all i can say at the moment is that people on this forum spent a good part of their spare time (even during work hours) in trying to find out updates on the game since october last year.. We have waited for over 12 Months for a Game.. perhaps it would be rather fitting if it provides us such good gameplay that we continue playing it for another year instead of dumping it and playing some other title.. I have always believed that a strategy will only be formulated based on two factors 1) existing competition 2) Product attributes.. Now you do no see any competition with AC13 at all , can't say anything about the product attributes though..
Wrong build at the play session vs no play session and no PS3 release. Tough choice.

The Ashes game is touting the ability to play Test Matches as a feature. Isn't that akin to saying a first person shooting includes guns or a fantasy game includes swords?

Staples of the game shouldn't be branded as a "feature"... In my rather uninformed opinion.

Wrong build at the play session vs no play session and no PS3 release. Tough choice.

It is.. All i am trying to say is let us not spend most of our day in pointing out lack of features in a Game which we haven't yet played or make fun of an already struggling company, at least they made cricket games for us when no one else dared to.. i know its a big setback that they haven't announced the console release dates but i believe our support is very important to them..

I have always believed that a strategy will only be formulated based on two factors 1) existing competition 2) Product attributes..

So you wouldn't worry about other things like...time of year (Christmas sales, releasing during the actual cricket season), other competitive forces (release of next generation consoles, release of non-directly competing games) and past Big Ant behaviour?

But i believe our support is very important to them..

You can't be serious...

Last edited:
So you wouldn't worry other things like...time of year (Christmas sales, releasing during the actual cricket season), other competitive forces (release of next generation consoles, release of non-directly competing games) and past Big Ant behaviour?

You can't be serious...

Infact I am.. I do not want to go out jeopardizing someone's hardwork.. How many times at college/work have we managed to do things right ? This is work for 505 sure as hell they might not be the best at it but still we all have a 505 in us.. They might nt be the best there is in terms of the PR but again as i said we all have been playing their games for the past few years.

If our support of this game was important to them, then they would actually be doing something to try and actively get our support. Neither Trickstar nor 505 have really done anything in the last two months to drum up any type of justified support.

I do not want to go out jeopardizing someone's hardwork..

Who's? A company? Or do you mean employees who have already been paid for said work? You're not jeopardizing anything, this game [Ashes] is already going to be a financial write-off whether you give em $20 or not. It's the message we (as a fanbase) send regarding that $20 rather than the actual sum that is going to make the difference here.

How many times at college/work have we managed to do things right?

I always manage to do things right, because if I don't... I get fired.

This is work for 505 sure as hell they might not be the best at it but still we all have a 505 in us

I'm 99% confident I've never had anyone from 505 in me... there was one time Chief and I got pretty drunk and I have a black-out of about 7 minutes, but that man is a Brittish workhorse so I doubt anything happened. He's at least good for 20 minutes, or so the ladies tell me.

They might nt be the best there is in terms of the PR but again as i said we all have been playing their games for the past few years.

"nt" aside... Ashes 09 and IC10 were not perfect games, but I'm going to wager a princes reward that they'll still be superior products to their from-the-ground-up latest effort. Methinks they're regretting the decision not to purchase and have been enhancing the codemasters game as a base to build from.

If our support of this game was important to them, then they would actually be doing something to try and actively get our support. Neither Trickstar nor 505 have really done anything in the last two months to drum up any type of justified support.

Agreed Mate.. Perhaps an area they can work upon in the future.. Having said that they are an experienced company and they wont let it happen again..

Users who are viewing this thread