Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just to follow up on this - I'm about to give it a second test. I'm going to give it a go at recording to my hard drive in 720p while streaming in 360p (it's all my bandwidth can handle). If successful, basically I could stream a few hours of gameplay, and then people can just go through by timecode and pick out what they want to see in higher quality.

Obviously all this depends on me being able to get the game working - I'm 99% sure it will, but things are known to go wrong.

So here's a link to today's stream - just let me know if the video is smooth for you, whether you would watch AC13 presented like this tomorrow and if there's any other issues that you can see.

Looks great :cheers!!! Would be awesome if you could do this for Ac13 as well!

----------

PS I will be getting a new cricket game tomorrow and my excitement level is like a 2/10, maybe it will go up when the game is downloading guys.

PS If not it's all Ross fault as his game is the only one we all want unless your user name is Superdudemartyn64.:D

Gutsy!! Specially when you know what most of us feel about people buying this game~:rolleyes

At least the video quality was better than how I was playing there. The background recording to my hard drive in HD also worked - so the only thing left is the game itself. Unfortunately no pre-load.

Thanks for all those who tested that out for me, hope it all goes well tomorrow.

MattW I would laugh if 505 games said tomorrow it was a error and the game is still coming soon. You never know with this game.

PS I will be getting a new cricket game tomorrow and my excitement level is like a 2/10, maybe it will go up when the game is downloading guys.

PS If not it's all Ross fault as his game is the only one we all want unless your user name is Superdudemartyn64.:D

With PC the excitement level should always be capped until & unless the game starts to run smoothly. It just so happens you download a game from the internet or get it on DVD. Installation goes smoothly. You run it, it launches the blank screen, then a flicker, followed by a crash. & you are like = :facepalm :mad

With PC the excitement level should always be capped until & unless the game starts to run smoothly. It just so happens you download a game from the internet or get it on DVD. Installation goes smoothly. You run it, it launches the blank screen, then a flicker, followed by a crash. & you are like = :facepalm :mad

If such a thing happens with a game like DBC14 its fine as you have the confidence of a backup from Ross and Co for a patch but in this game no one is present even for an official announcement...:yes

And the video works very well for me....:thumbs

Last edited:
My excitement level is a 5/10.. A cricket game is better than no cricket game, lets see if there is some decent AI.. Not holding my breath though..

The amount this game is getting panned is unacceptable for mine though.. Assuming it releases, well then it's a step ahead of DBC14 which is just talk at the moment?

My excitement level is a 5/10.. A cricket game is better than no cricket game, lets see if there is some decent AI.. Not holding my breath though..

The amount this game is getting panned is unacceptable for mine though.. Assuming it releases, well then it's a step ahead of DBC14 which is just talk at the moment?

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...n-cricket-14-world-premiere-videos-86486.html

This is hardly just talk. Plenty of walk to watch.

A game with 15 year old gaming mechanics, no online play, and what appears to be no impending console release, is getting released tomorrow which has a total of less than 10 screenshots, and a 6 second video clip. I think the assessments are fair up to this point.

Last edited:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...n-cricket-14-world-premiere-videos-86486.html

This is hardly just talk. Plenty of walk to watch.

A game with 15 year old gaming mechanics, no online play, and what appears to be no impending console release, is getting released tomorrow which has a total of less than 10 screenshots, and a 6 second video clip. I think the assessments are fair up to this point.

The graphics of Bradman 14 are not all that good I would say.

Looks great :cheers!!! Would be awesome if you could do this for Ac13 as well!

----------

Gutsy!! Specially when you know what most of us feel about people buying this game~:rolleyes

What can I say I am very naughty boy.:facepalm

PS Being serious I can't believe there has been no trailer or news from either 505 games or Trickstar, it's like they don't care about there game. We all know they don't care about us but all the hard work they tried to do.

God at the start they would had a good idea in there mind, failing like this as programmers is like a last kick in the teeth for the lower people. Maybe some of them will work with Bigant in the future and we can hear what wen't wrong from the programmers mouths.

PS Unless the game is good.:eek:

Forget online mode, there does not even seem to be a multiplayer mode for this game.
Shocking doesn't quite say it. Shambles. Spending ?13 has never had me so worried. It's not about spending the money, I just fear playing a new cricket game that turns out to be so awful

Forget online mode, there does not even seem to be a multiplayer mode for this game.
Shocking doesn't quite say it. Shambles. Spending ?13 has never had me so worried. It's not about spending the money, I just fear playing a new cricket game that turns out to be so awful

I Don't care either way dude, tomorrow going to be fun which ever way it goes.;)

For me it is not about whether the game is any good or not. You are right to say we cannot judge that yet . However seeing how people have been treated by the developer making the game leaves me concluding that the game is sh!t whatever the gameplay.

At least the video quality was better than how I was playing there. The background recording to my hard drive in HD also worked - so the only thing left is the game itself. Unfortunately no pre-load.

Thanks for all those who tested that out for me, hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Matt, what software are you using for streaming and what's your upload speed? I may have missed some past posts, but I'm lazy. ;) I've got some experience with streaming with slow upload (1 Mbps) so if you want some help tweaking and such, I'll try and help out.

For me it is not about whether the game is any good or not. You are right to say we cannot judge that yet . However seeing how people have been treated by the developer making the game leaves me concluding that the game is sh!t whatever the gameplay.

If Matt reviews the game well and others also say it's good will you then be tempted to buy it despite the poor treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread