Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

For me it is not about whether the game is any good or not. You are right to say we cannot judge that yet . However seeing how people have been treated by the developer making the game leaves me concluding that the game is sh!t whatever the gameplay.

Why does the developer owe us anything before the game is even released? Once you hand your money over, then I think it's right to start criticizing and panning the game.

It surely cannot be as woeful as Sim City, and that cost 60 dollars

The only thing I am liking about AC13 & not about DB14 is that at least AC13 is not forcing u to buy a game pad.

Couldn't you just buy a 2nd hand controller for $20 and wait for DB then?

Why does the developer owe us anything before the game is even released? Once you hand your money over, then I think it's right to start criticizing and panning the game.

It surely cannot be as woeful as Sim City, and that cost 60 dollars

Ethics.

I might point out that I spent many hours helping out with gathering and determining player stats an attributes and was therefore closer to some aspects around early development than others.

I dont think I am really communicating my arguments well as I fear you are missing my point.

Jumping ahead a bit here, I wonder if 505 will ever do another cricket game. They've clearly had their fingers massively burnt here through the dreadful incompetence of Trickstar and it will be a loss-maker, a critical failure and unpopular with fans. So I highly doubt that they would work with Trickstar again.

But, might they be tempted to develop another game with a different developer in the future. Probably not - which is sad, as competition is a very good thing. It's very sad how woefully handled this whole game has been and Trickstar are clearly a phenomenally inept company.

Matt, what software are you using for streaming and what's your upload speed? I may have missed some past posts, but I'm lazy. I've got some experience with streaming with slow upload (1 Mbps) so if you want some help tweaking and such, I'll try and help out.
My upload sync speed is 820kbps - so I've been targeting ~750kbps to give me a little bit of headroom.

Using Dxtory into the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder. I'd read a bit about Xsplit and OBS - but the simple configs with YouTube's live broadcasting got me to pick that one. If encoding performance is likely to be significantly better I'd look at swapping over, but at the moment I'm just happy it works.

YouTube over Twitch basically came down to my familiarity with YouTube and the ads in Twitch streams - plus keeping all the videos in one place.

Thanks anyway, might look into that more if I end up doing similar for DBC.

What time can we expect the video Matt?
Once someone asks in a size 7 font. The game isn't out for another 10 and a half hours, then I'll need to download it first, and there's no mention yet of how big the download will be.

So basically, I have no idea.

Because its Marketing 101. Why would I buy your product if I know practically nothing in depth about it?

You wouldn't, but that doesn't make it a rubbish product or mean the developers have conned you.. They are just rubbish at selling their product

It seems to me now 505 are releasing on steam at discount, which is putting retailers off buying up units of DB14, 505 could just say " we're releasing the game on.....) and it delays bigant again because retailers feel they'll sell more of AC or make more profit? It could well be that AC is sold on the cheap to retailers for Xbox etc and they hike up the price to make more money. At this rate it could well be a 2014 release, which is sad considering we/bigant want to have this game out.

Last edited:
Once someone asks in a size 7 font. The game isn't out for another 10 and a half hours, then I'll need to download it first, and there's no mention yet of how big the download will be.

So basically, I have no idea.

It was size 4 actually. kasabian21 responded to it with size 7 ;)
Anyway; hope to see it by tomorrow. If not, then, eh! (Shrugging shoulders) it would be sooner then letter.

Users who are viewing this thread