Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I've not heard whether DBC14 has the exclusive license or not. "Play The Ashes as Australia or England. Play either series, consisting of five Test matches located at real match venues in both Australia and the UK." is vague enough that it doesn't exactly mean play at all the correct match venues, just 'real' match venues from Australia and the UK.

As an aside - I've done some testing of my ability to stream the game being played live - I'm limited by my upload speed, so take a look at the cached recording of it on YouTube and let me know if you think it will be worth trying with AC13, or if I should just record at full quality and upload clips once I'm finished?

Looks all OK; but that could be because its a cashed recording. If you're planning to do a public stream, it might be worth trying a stream of AC09 live with people watching it before release if you have time.

(Also, apparently twitch.tv is better for streaming games; but if youtube works perfectly fine, then stick with it.)

Also, if the streaming doesn't work out, would it be possible to record a gameplay focused video kinda like that anyway - I want to see what the game looks like, and if it surprises us by being good (lol), then I might put ?14 down on it. That's the thing to bear in mind; I'm not expecting it to be as good as DBC14; but they are flogging it for ?13.99 right now so it might be worth buying if it is good for that price...

Also, the score seems to be the wrong way around ;)

MattW, how you going to score it mate.

Me I like to review out of 100% and the review will be short as my spelling and grammar is well low. If it get's over 60% I will be shocked, looking forward to this weekend.:D

I might not have bought it for 40 dollars but for 20 dollars its kind of okay. Its the price of 2 tickets to a IMAX movie here. So if Mark says the gameplay is half decent then Its not a bad deal.

The advert for Ashes Cricket 2013 in The Cricketer is back for the December edition. It mentions that it is out November, and has Steam and PC DVD emblems at the bottom (a box also showing it as PC DVD), but no mention of Xbox or PS3, but I can't find my old Cricketer's to compare if it mentioned anything before. It still says to pre-order on Amazon with no mention of Trickstar.

Looks all OK; but that could be because its a cashed recording. If you're planning to do a public stream, it might be worth trying a stream of AC09 live with people watching it before release if you have time.
The cache is at the quality it streamed live at, thanks to the delay these broadcasts are on I was able to watch a bit of it 'live' and it seemed to go fine.

Still, I could give it another try tomorrow.

Also, if the streaming doesn't work out, would it be possible to record a gameplay focused video kinda like that anyway
Yeah, I'll certainly be putting up videos afterwards in HD. Unfortunately while I can record the 'live' output in full quality, I can't do that in a different resolution than I'm streaming at (I might turn it on anyway because it can't hurt).

MattW, how you going to score it mate.
The other cricket game reviews are based on a 100 point scale, with sub-ratings for the graphics, the gameplay, the ability to patch/edit the game and longevity.

The advert for Ashes Cricket 2013 in The Cricketer is back for the December edition. It mentions that it is out November, and has Steam and PC DVD emblems at the bottom (a box also showing it as PC DVD), but no mention of Xbox or PS3, but I can't find my old Cricketer's to compare if it mentioned anything before. It still says to pre-order on Amazon with no mention of Trickstar.
Here's the original one.

---

Amusingly, got a content-ID match on the video because of the Channel Nine cricket music in the menus.

The crowd in the game reminds of candy crush. Such a big step backward from the IC'10.

The new one is the same except there are no Xbox, PS3 or Wii U emblems and the box on the left is now only for the PC (and the website is replaced with an "Out November" sign). Surely this suggests that it won't be coming out on consoles?
Does it still mention pre-ordering on Amazon? That would imply the disc release might still be on its way.

Can't think why they'd remove the other platforms if that wasn't the conclusion.

Any chance of a photo/scan?

They are clearly distracted by all that and more stuff being shown in the stands. :p

Does it still mention pre-ordering on Amazon? That would imply the disc release might still be on its way.

Can't think why they'd remove the other platforms if that wasn't the conclusion.

Any chance of a photo/scan?

I can't scan but I've got a picture from the inside front cover:

image.jpeg

It's rather funny that they show a test and ODI image yet they are almost identical.

It's rather funny that they show a test and ODI image yet they are almost identical.

You probably can't see but the ODI image is the same buggy one from months ago with a red ball and no crease. The keeper is also wearing a helmet in the main picture, even though he is standing back.

Users who are viewing this thread