Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

If you're buying AC13 "...because we haven't had a game in a while so, why not?" you're fulfilling the VERY PROBLEM we have right now. If you BUY a cricket game "just because" and it looks like rubbish, you're pretty much guaranteeing that "well that will do" will be the attitude by any developer coming forward to making a game for the foreseeable future. You're PART OF THE PROBLEM. This game isn't going to be remotely decent... don't even kid yourself into thinking it'll "kill some time before DBC14 comes out" because you're just re-enforcing the stereotype that developers can throw out whatever half-finished limp shit they like and we'll buy it because we're that gullible a group of gamers.

Seriously, get a grip. Put your money into something worthwhile like a humble bundle or another fun platform indy game. But supporting this game with your money is possibly the dumbest thing you can do and only creates more problems for our entire fanbase in the future.

You have to learn to say no and grow a spine sometime, to detirmine what we will accept as a group and what we won't. I do not accept the way we've been treated by 505 or Trickstar, I don't even like the way they've treated their staff, people who have worked on this title or the ethics of collecting pre-orders for console copies that were never CLOSE to passing submission. If you're okay with all that just because you "want a cricket game" then go find AC09 on Amazon.com and download the patches and my kitbag and other mods (cheap plug) because that's a vastly more rewarding game and you don't need a billion gig of top-of-the-line PC hardware to run it.

[/Rant]

If you're buying AC13 "...because we haven't had a game in a while so, why not?" you're fulfilling the VERY PROBLEM we have right now. If you BUY a cricket game "just because" and it looks like rubbish, you're pretty much guaranteeing that "well that will do" will be the attitude by any developer coming forward to making a game for the foreseeable future. You're PART OF THE PROBLEM. This game isn't going to be remotely decent... don't even kid yourself into thinking it'll "kill some time before DBC14 comes out" because you're just re-enforcing the stereotype that developers can throw out whatever half-finished limp shit they like and we'll buy it because we're that gullible a group of gamers.

Seriously, get a grip. Put your money into something worthwhile like a humble bundle or another fun platform indy game. But supporting this game with your money is possibly the dumbest thing you can do and only creates more problems for our entire fanbase in the future.

You have to learn to say no and grow a spine sometime, to detirmine what we will accept as a group and what we won't. I do not accept the way we've been treated by 505 or Trickstar, I don't even like the way they've treated their staff, people who have worked on this title or the ethics of collecting pre-orders for console copies that were never CLOSE to passing submission. If you're okay with all that just because you "want a cricket game" then go find AC09 on Amazon.com and download the patches and my kitbag and other mods (cheap plug) because that's a vastly more rewarding game and you don't need a billion gig of top-of-the-line PC hardware to run it.

[/Rant]

Agreed. Said everything I want to say. The only excuse I would think for buying AC13 would be because you weren't aware of DBC. Obviously everyone on this forum is aware of DBC, so I have no idea why they would buy this. If this was the only cricket game on the market, would I buy it? Not on Steam, but maybe a PC version. Would I buy this game knowing what we know and that DBC should be around the corner? Absolutely not.

Yo biggs, you're cool and all, and Imma let you finish. But Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time ..

Lol....and i thought that forum was special.

haha - I know. I get accused of being a fake id here :P That too Martyn's ... I am blessed

Last edited:
Would I buy this game knowing what we know and that DBC should be around the corner? Absolutely not.

It's kinda a giant middle finger to Ross, Mikey and the other BigAnt crew that post and lurk here, really. Because you're saying "well I'll pay for any old shit, never mind the formalities of 505/Trickstar being douchebags of the knighthood order... give me a game!". Regardless of how good/bad you think the DBC14 game is looking, they've been contributing A LOT to PlanetCricket and our gang here, you're belittling that interaction considerably by supporting the oppositions terrible customer approach both here and in other mediums.

...outside of course, the game looking to be a cash-grab of the highest degree.

It wasn't lost on me either... I was waiting for someone to plant it.

I should also quantify my "don't buy/support it" stance by saying the only person that has legit reason to buy it is Matt, because he's the expert here and if you're not looking forward to him reviewing it more than you're looking forward to the release date of DBC14 then you're dead to me.

I don't take it personally, $20 is less than it cost them to make and each to their own, people may prefer the dot on the pitch approach.

I can agree with you on the way people have conducted themselves though, it has been an underhanded campaign from the outset, starting with the "never disparaged anyone" comments and moving through to the "all that and more".

Even though this is what I predicted, a $20 burning of the crop, I was really looking forward to a PES vs FIFA like affair and a fair fight.

something is better than nothing, i will buy this and play :eek: we are used to play this game. so we know this better :D, in a desert of cricket games, this will quench my thirst...

something is better than nothing, i will buy this and play :eek: we are used to play this game. so we know this better :D, in a desert of cricket games, this will quench my thirst...

yeah for half a day, then you will be thirsty again

tell me, whats the point of this game??

To play the Ashes 2013/14 series over and over and over again??

pointless........

[/Rant]

You know what, I actually almost preordered AC13 last night but then I felt the same way you are talking here about "well that will do" attitude so backed off and now, I'll either wait for official words on this game from Trickstar or review comments from critics, hoping by that time BA will announce release date of DBC14. AC13 definitely very cheap on pocket comparing other games but again why to put your money when the game developer itself not interested in supporting his own developed game..

Users who are viewing this thread