Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

While i am on record as being sceptical about DBC being a 2013 release if Ashes released first, a steam only, PC only, single player only release that as yet neither 505 nor Trickstar have said a word about, is not gonna delay DBC by a day. It might even bring it forward if Ross can confirm there won't be a console/retail release. In that case it's a win, and the only losers are the idiots who are gonna buy this...

Certainly will be a win if DBC14 is brought forward, as for the Steam only PC AC2013 release, I'm yet to decide what to do with my Amazon pre-order the "disk version"

Deffo not buying it on Steam!

Steve S.

----------

PS It's been a pain in the ass year for cricket games, a little light is ok with me I just hope Bigant move now and stop all of this waiting.

Amen to that 79c :cheers

Steve S.

I cannot believe people are buying this just because we haven't had a cricket game for years!!! Do people's lives really revolve around playing games?! Why not go down the nets, turn the bowling machine on or get some mates together and go have a net and play real cricket?! Or, if you need to play a game play an old one. Why support the people who have royally f*cked us all over???

It has no front/back foot selection. 2 of the screen shots show a half-tracker, pitched nearer the bowler than the batter, being met with a front-foot drive. There no multi player or online play. You select the power with a mouse. Neither the publisher nor the developer have made a single comment about the release.

There is no positive reason to buy it. Idiot is the legitimate word to use in that context. Believe me there are ruder ones.

Not liking the controls at all, playing cricket with a mouse? :facepalm all looks like a stand in the middle and hit or bowl "al la Graham Gooch Cricket" 1991 the scoreboard is a bit unrealistic by the looks of it too and I'm going to take back my comments on graphics I said earlier... it does look like BLIC2005 graphics, just something really odd about the whole thing, probably the most unusual cricket release to date!!

Steve S.

----------

I cannot believe people are buying this just because we haven't had a cricket game for years!!! Do people's lives really revolve around playing games?! Why not go down the nets, turn the bowling machine on or get some mates together and go have a net and play real cricket?! Or, if you need to play a game play an old one. Why support the people who have royally f*cked us all over???

Yep, got out EA Cricket 05 last night, enjoyed it!!! bout time the guys at HB studios re-entered the arena ;)

Steve S.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

What grinds my gears the most is people going on about how bad it is being a cricket gamer, no games for so long, always crap games... Then they buy this. With no trailer, no gameplay footage, seriously rubbish screenshots and a manual that screams "this is a piece of crap". No features, awful, limited controls. it's clearly gonna be worse than existing games.

Cricket Heroes, developed by a forum member here, has more features than this, and much better gameplay. It's 6 quid. They guy has sold 70 copies... How many of the people here buying this because "at least it's a cricket game" and "it's only 20 quid" have bought that?

So seriously, what is the point in anyone bothering to try and compete with Big Ant on quality or features? They have no incentive whatsoever.

To those buying it, fine, whatever. Buy the game or not, it's your money and your decision. But please, please do not buy the game and go on about how hard done by cricket gamers are - you're part of the problem.

Dear oh dear,what a shambles! It appears to be stick cricket with better graphics and two official teams. That fact that it's releasing at a cheaper price than both Ashes09 and IC10 were is an indication of what to expect I would say.

I can wait for DBC , plus there's real cricket starting Thursday.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

What grinds my gears the most is people going on about how bad it is being a cricket gamer, no games for so long, always crap games... Then they buy this. With no trailer, no gameplay footage, seriously rubbish screenshots and a manual that screams "this is a piece of crap". No features, awful, limited controls. it's clearly gonna be worse than existing games.

Cricket Heroes, developed by a forum member here, has more features than this, and much better gameplay. It's 6 quid. They guy has sold 70 copies... How many of the people here buying this because "at least it's a cricket game" and "it's only 20 quid" have bought that?

So seriously, what is the point in anyone bothering to try and compete with Big Ant on quality or features? They have no incentive whatsoever.

To those buying it, fine, whatever. Buy the game or not, it's your money and your decision. But please, please do not buy the game and go on about how hard done by cricket gamers are - you're part of the problem.

I see your point Blocker but I am interested how this game will play, after like a year there is that need to try. If it's bad then maybe we can all make funny youtube videos of the crap we will fine. Plus this will be the last Trickstar game so why not have a little play.

Yep, got out EA Cricket 05 last night, enjoyed it!!! bout time the guys at HB studios re-entered the arena ;)

Steve S.

Good stuff! BLC 2005 for me - it was the last cricket game I bought!

This situation really p1sses me off. If a friend was to treat you like Fagin has, with lies, broken promises and ignorance then you wouldn't give them the time of day let alone put money in their back pocket. Why roll over and take it up the ar5e from Fagin (a random person you don't know) by buying his game???

Stand up for Big Ant and make sure we have the series of cricket games that we've always wanted from a company that is transparent, open and honest. Everyone's a winner - we get amazing cricket games and Big Ant make some profit. The sooner people like Fagin are gone the better; for all of us.

Last edited:
I see your point Blocker but I am interested how this game will play, after like a year there is that need to try. If it's bad then maybe we can all make funny youtube videos of the crap we will fine. Plus this will be the last Trickstar game so why not have a little play.

Which is fine... I think the screenshots and controls should tell you enough, and certainly would tell me enough not to spend money on it regardless of the developer's conduct.

But when you know what the developer's conduct has been, when you know there is better just around the corner, but you still buy this, i am afraid you cannot in the same breath go on about how hard it is being a cricket gamer. You get developers fobbing you off with this crap, because you take it.

Serious question, have you bought cricket heroes? It's cheaper than this.

I am not going to buy this crap. First thought that it had likes of IC2010 on a PC, again on going though those controller/menu details - they don't have anything new except for mapping whatever was there on PS3 interface to PC interface. I guess, they meant new to PC? :p Anyways, crap is a crap is a crap! I am happy enough to witness as a spectator on people posting their experiences, be it a good or bad!

Steve S.

You bought them for PC? I was looking for good old games( EA series or BLIC 99 ) for PS3 but didn't find any. :(

Good stuff! BLC 2005 for me - it was the last cricket game I bought!

This situation really p1sses me off. If a friend was to treat you like Fagin has, with lies, broken promises and ignorance then you wouldn't give them the time of day let alone put money in their back pocket. Why roll over and take it up the ar5e from Fagin (a random person you don't know) by buying his game???

Stand up for Big Ant and make sure we have the series of cricket games that we've always wanted from a company that is transparent, open and honest. Everyone's a winner - we get amazing cricket games and Big Ant make some profit. The sooner people like Fagin are gone the better; for all of us.

I have BLIC 05 too but it doesn't work on Windows 7:facepalm I'm with Big Ant, at least they've been on the forums mingling with the community so the first release is a base for "hopefully" future games :thumbs

Steve S.

----------

I am not going to buy this crap. First thought that it had likes of IC2010 on a PC, again on going though those controller/menu details - they don't have anything new except for mapping whatever was there on PS3 interface to PC interface. I guess, they meant new to PC? :p Anyways, crap is a crap is a crap! I am happy enough to witness as a spectator on people posting their experiences, be it a good or bad!

You bought them for PC? I was looking for good old games( EA series or BLIC 99 ) for PS3 but didn't find any. :(

Try Amazon, that's where I got mine or ebay, I have BLIC 2005 up for grabs for a few quid if you want it, but I think it only works on systems up to XP!

EA Cricket 07 is hard to get, I just was lucky but there isn't really much difference between that and '05 ;)

Steve S.

Try Amazon, that's where I got mine or ebay, I have BLIC 2005 up for grabs for a few quid if you want it, but I think it only works on systems up to XP!

EA Cricket 07 is hard to get, I just was lucky but there isn't really much difference between that and '05 ;)

Steve S.

Yes Steve am looking in Amazon/eBay for last few weeks, actually I wanted for PS3 which I doubt whether these games are compatible as they belong to PSx version before PS3. I did come across BLIC 99 & EA 05(PS2) but am not sure whether I can get it to play in my console.

Well at least now we all have a sort of demo for PS3/Xbox360 version & warm up cricket game till DBC'14.

No matter how much you hate piracy it is going to take place & shamelessly many would be downloading it. So its a christmas for almost all. But note here that I am not supporting piracy. I am merely saying that everyone would be little bit more curious about playing this game, no matter what it looks like, then just watching someone else play it on youtube. With level of satisfaction not enough to actually pay for this game many might be heading to free download sites in this circumstance. It may also play out a

My full respects to people who are actually going to buy this game on PC.

Anyway; I still can't make out if these screens have everything turned on or off. Its kind of "hang in there" look. But in any case they look poor. Interestingly that one vine clip still looked & gave a better impression then this. Makes you think, hmmm ...

Which is fine... I think the screenshots and controls should tell you enough, and certainly would tell me enough not to spend money on it regardless of the developer's conduct.

But when you know what the developer's conduct has been, when you know there is better just around the corner, but you still buy this, i am afraid you cannot in the same breath go on about how hard it is being a cricket gamer. You get developers fobbing you off with this crap, because you take it.

Serious question, have you bought cricket heroes? It's cheaper than this.

Yeah I have cricket heroes(payed not free) mate, played it a little but never liked it much.

Now for Ashes 2013, yeah I feel bad I can not wait anymore but this release of DBC14 has been hard so why not play something like Ashes 2013 and just wait for the big boys to show up.

PS Everyone must want to know how bad Ashes 2013 could be, why this year has been hell for them. Soon we will know mate.

Anyway; I still can't make out if these screens have everything turned on or off. Its kind of "hang in there" look.

I believe, everything has been turned ON as I could see fielders and bowlers apart from batsman been played with help of mouse. :p That spectator arena exactly matched with the game I have in my mobile - 'Cricket Game 2011' by Spinfast which was a 1$ game in apple store.

I can understand both points, I was thinking of buying this, but instead i will not support shit that is run by a mouse on the PC, ridicolous

instead i brought nba 2k12 to hold me over for $11 until DBC comes out

I will be watching the reviews on youtube, but seriously, playing cricket with a mouse, that shit is not on!!

Users who are viewing this thread