Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Well in that case multiplayer Test Matches in hard mode will be good. :-)

I am ready to play multiplayer game on friday c u there with (Most of them will be bugs in the game...but we have to manage):lol:lol:lol

There is no multiplayer game mode as per the description in the steam listing.

Instead of adding features approaching release they are stripping it down. By Friday, this game will be a LEGO set.

This guy won the thread already, everyone else can go home. Quality.

So, now that AC2013 is releasing Friday and assuming DBC won't release til next year, does this mean a moral victory for 505??? The only losers in this are us "the community" who look (judging by previous posts) to be getting a very simplistic game, graphics are ok but longevity???

Steve S.

While i am on record as being sceptical about DBC being a 2013 release if Ashes released first, a steam only, PC only, single player only release that as yet neither 505 nor Trickstar have said a word about, is not gonna delay DBC by a day. It might even bring it forward if Ross can confirm there won't be a console/retail release. In that case it's a win, and the only losers are the idiots who are gonna buy this...

This guy won the thread already, everyone else can go home. Quality.

Biggs, are you a Lego man.:eek:
PS I just did something I said I would not do, I payed the $20 for Ashes 2013 on steam. Why the hell do I feel so so naughty right now, will Ross come and get me now.:D

PS Sometimes I hate being a lost cricket nut, I just feel DBC14 will be delayed with this steam problem. How about you Biggs, paying the $20 or in NZ money like $200.:lol or not mate.

the only losers are the idiots who are gonna buy this...

That's a little rude. You know there are other motives to buying a game than to reward the developers (that might not even be a factor, but something one weighs up against buying it) such as enjoying cricket games. Even then, so what if it doesn't look ideal, it might provide potential enjoyment for the time before DBC14 releases.

While i am on record as being sceptical about DBC being a 2013 release if Ashes released first, a steam only, PC only, single player only release that as yet neither 505 nor Trickstar have said a word about, is not gonna delay DBC by a day. It might even bring it forward if Ross can confirm there won't be a console/retail release. In that case it's a win, and the only losers are the idiots who are gonna buy this...

The next few days are going to be very interesting Blocker that's for sure. PS Still feeling bad but hey a cricket game to play in 2 days time.:clap:facepalm

----------

That's a little rude. You know there are other motives to buying a game than to reward the developers (that might not even be a factor, but something one weighs up against buying it) such as enjoying cricket games. Even then, so what if it doesn't look ideal, it might provide potential enjoyment for the time before DBC14 releases.

I agree, I don't want a xbox ps3 happening here(Fan Boys). We all know DBC14 looks light years ahead of Ashes 2013 but just maybe there is a ok game in there or better. I will tell anyone who will listen on Friday that's for sure.

Just bought it for $21. It is typically a pain to get the games in the US anyways and I have Steam for all my games and prefer it (or Origin is fine as well).

As soon as I saw the announcement on Steam, I bought it.

If it is good and gives me a few hours entertainment, then it is worth it. If not, it was just $21. Nothing to lose sleep over.

You guys here take things way too seriously.

I will be buying the Don Bradman game as well. But typically I only put $60 for games like GTAV or other top AAA games. However, in case of cricket games which are far and few I will make an exception and buy DRB14 even if it is $60. Hopefully it will be on Steam, be good and release soon so I don't lose interest.

The last cricket games I enjoyed were the excellent EA Cricket 2007, Ashes International Cricket 2010 and Cricket Revolution.

This is why Ross is wrong to not release asap. We all know that there is a incredibly high chance this will be terrible, but because we have gone three years without a cricket game and slight curiosity. Trickstar are still going to get money simply because they are first to market.

Agreed but the stand is made by not buying it; not by pirating it as others are suggesting.
Agreed barmy
Two wrongs don't make a right. Best thing to do us not buy it!

How about you Biggs, paying the $20?

My money always goes where my mouth is. I said I'm not supporting any of these shenanigans months ago and I ain't supporting them now...

My money always goes where my mouth is. I said I'm not supporting any of these shenanigans months ago and I ain't supporting them now...

I do feel bad but in the end I do come here for cricket games and it's a cricket game as simple as that. If it's crap then great as I will write my true feeling if it is but as Barmy said just maybe there is some good in the game.

PS It's been a pain in the ass year for cricket games, a little light is ok with me I just hope Bigant move now and stop all of this waiting.

Testify!!!

It has no front/back foot selection. 2 of the screen shots show a half-tracker, pitched nearer the bowler than the batter, being met with a front-foot drive. There no multi player or online play. You select the power with a mouse. Neither the publisher nor the developer have made a single comment about the release.

There is no positive reason to buy it. Idiot is the legitimate word to use in that context. Believe me there are ruder ones.

Last edited:
I will buy this even if its remotely good ..

And it doesn't take much to call a cricket video game good. Despite the presence of superior games like GTA, Fifa, Crysis, I still find myself playing IC2010 occasionally on my PS3. Also Street Cricket 2.

I am not blaming DBC here. They have every right to release the game when they find the right timing. But the only way I wouldn't buy Ashes would be if there was some certainty of DBC releasing this year (besides BigAnt team's word)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread