Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

But if we keep dragging our perception of the past into the present it determines our perception of the future.......

Unless an event changes that perception in the 'present' which then determines the perception of the 'future' :)!

Are you seriously going to play with those shots every over?

Ok I mean this game,so pls kindly answer it.Is there going to be any unorthdox/special shots in this patch like Helicopter,Switch,Upper,DilScoop

What has t20 cricket done for the good name of cricket.:mad

----------

Thanks for giving me a headache at 7:30 am!

Yeah Dutchad that's my job.
Ok i make you feel better:):):):):):):):):):):) ok now.:)

He's 17, from India and his favourite team is the Delhi daredevils. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know?!

How do you know he is 17 ?
Anyway cricket is enjoyed in so many ways, that's why i love cricket so much, 3 diiferent kinds and i guess it's up to ross and chief to appeal to everyone's needs. Go test match cricket.

Same way I know you're 33. ;)

Maybe i'm 79 dude.;)
Still interesting to talk test vs T20 cricket but not here i guess, back to the game for me. I can't think of anything to talk about, just got to wait for the reveal of the game when that comes.:)

Aye: The PC and console versions are built on the same tech. Not to get some people around these parts salivating, but at this stage we're actually leading development on PC...

Massive kudos to you for that - finally, a dev that recognises the PC should be the lead platform for games!

Ok I mean this game,so pls kindly answer it.Is there going to be any unorthdox/special shots in this patch like Helicopter,Switch,Upper,DilScoop

TBH I don't really care for any of these shots. If the game nails the core gameplay along with staple shots like drives (straight, on, off, cover), cuts (square & late), pull, hook, glance, sweep, glide to 3rd man and nudges to on & off for a quick single, I would be more than satisfied.

I've just confirmed on the official forum that DRS won't be included in AC13 (some of these details are now starting to be released). I know some of you will be outraged about that, but here's the reasoning that eventually led us to that decision...

DRS is a system which allows verification of questionable decisions.

Now, because our umpires can make the right decision every time it's not really necessary to have it in the game. We did talk at length about putting it in, but decided that wrong decisions were too frustrating: if they CAN be avoided (which in the game they can!) then we should avoid them!

I see it the same as the "sledging" system we've talked about in the past: it's certainly an element in real cricket, but is it one that really applies to a game? I think if there is sufficient reason to have it there, like if it is properly part of the game experience and makes sense to the player, then it's justified... But as it stands I don't think either add much to the gameplay and therefore are lower priorities for us.

So, does this mean in AC09 there was never a wrong decision made by the umpire?

Also given you guys already have a 'confidence' mechanism in place, doesn't sledging make sense? May be low on priority list but still on the list.. right?

Users who are viewing this thread