Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Everyone is talking about thisism and thatism, drsism and iplism and realism and blic99ism......all we are saying.....is give the game a chance.....all we are saying .....is give the game a chance..........

Second this.:yes

I'm sadder than you about the fact that it's been 14 years since BLC'99 and still nothing on it's level yet. I sincerely hope I was wrong there. Best of luck.

Maybe if another country had a go at making one instead of just Australia? More the merrier...

Be thankful we have 2 games coming, both from Aus! You could say this about MANY games. Jonah Lomu Rugby 95 is still the best rugby game, nothing has beaten that. Other games sequels not as good as previous games etc...

Last edited:
Wow, it's been a long time since I've visited this forums and now I find out that there are 2 cricket games coming out this year....sweet. :)

I'm not concerned that there is no DRS system in AC2013, Personally, I don't think it's required. The core gameplay should be of highest priority.

In saying that, I am a bit disappointed that all teams aren't going to be licensed but I'll get over it.

Chief, I've got to say I'm impressed by the support and Q&A going on here.

I'm a hardcore Call of Duty player and do frequently visit and contribute to the COD Forums. The dev support over there is non-existent on the COD forums in comparison to the dev support here.

So kudos to you and I'm looking forward to your game. Please give us some more details & hopefully a trailer soon ;)

Cheers

Will there still be manual appeal?

Way some of these guys are talking, there's no appeal left at all manual or otherwise... *Groucho Marx Cigar face*

At the moment were still playing with it, but it's not a lot of fun. I don't think it will make it - Without the DRS it loses a lot of its purpose - All that's left is the ability to annoy anyone else you're playing with (although, to be fair, that was always the case in the older games!) :D

We shall see. All of these things are not far away - if they don't make it into this game then hopefully they'll be showing up in an update not too far from now.

We shall see. All of these things are not far away - if they don't make it into this game then hopefully they'll be showing up in an update not too far from now.

This question is coming up, only because the other game has it. Agreed on that, no point of manual appeal without the DRS. As you've said that, there will not be a technical default by the umpires in the game. :thumbs

Way some of these guys are talking, there's no appeal left at all manual or otherwise... *Groucho Marx Cigar face*

At the moment were still playing with it, but it's not a lot of fun. I don't think it will make it - Without the DRS it loses a lot of its purpose - All that's left is the ability to annoy anyone else you're playing with (although, to be fair, that was always the case in the older games!) :D

Still playing with it, i thought the game would be near finished chief.
A manual appeal is fun for a short time but over used it's like the sri lankan team.
So can you talk camera angles yet or still to early for this also, can you talk about what you have got from ic2010 like the 360 shots is still in just better would be my guess. Thanks for your time still chief, if you did not come on here i would still buy ashes 2013.:D like the Cod guy above said, not all companies do this kind of thing.

----------

Wow, it's been a long time since I've visited this forums and now I find out that there are 2 cricket games coming out this year....sweet. :)

I'm not concerned that there is no DRS system in AC2013, Personally, I don't think it's required. The core gameplay should be of highest priority.

In saying that, I am a bit disappointed that all teams aren't going to be licensed but I'll get over it.

Chief, I've got to say I'm impressed by the support and Q&A going on here.

I'm a hardcore Call of Duty player and do frequently visit and contribute to the COD Forums. The dev support over there is non-existent on the COD forums in comparison to the dev support here.

So kudos to you and I'm looking forward to your game. Please give us some more details & hopefully a trailer soon ;)

Cheers

Welcome, please read though what these games have and don't have.
We are coming up to the most exciting part now, you have missed all the hopes and dreams lost and some we will be getting soon.:D

The problem is that a DRS system requires making a part of the game deliberately worse in order to add a feature.

Sorry but that's not true at all. Are you saying that ICC umpires are making wrong decisions on perpose because DRS is being used in a game? It's there so you can challenge a decision you believe to be wrong. I've had shocking decisions both for and against me in previous games. It would have been such a great touch being able to challenge the decisions.

Everyone is talking about thisism and thatism, drsism and iplism and realism and blic99ism......all we are saying.....is give the game a chance.....all we are saying .....is give the game a chance..........

Appreciate what you are saying, But after playing 3 cricket titles I have lost confidence completely in this game. It's very sad see that basics of cricket elements have been missing. I hope Trickstar proves me wrong this time. I am praying that is the case.

Just do what C97 did and make it automatic but you can hit a button and appeal as well. Nothing more annoying than feeling you've got a good lbw shout and there being no appeal.

I've just confirmed on the official forum that DRS won't be included in AC13 (some of these details are now starting to be released). I know some of you will be outraged about that, but here's the reasoning that eventually led us to that decision...

DRS is a system which allows verification of questionable decisions.

Now, because our umpires can make the right decision every time it's not really necessary to have it in the game. We did talk at length about putting it in, but decided that wrong decisions were too frustrating: if they CAN be avoided (which in the game they can!) then we should avoid them!

I see it the same as the "sledging" system we've talked about in the past: it's certainly an element in real cricket, but is it one that really applies to a game? I think if there is sufficient reason to have it there, like if it is properly part of the game experience and makes sense to the player, then it's justified... But as it stands I don't think either add much to the gameplay and therefore are lower priorities for us.

You die when you are shot. You can't jump 20 meters high. You can't this and that in real life. But in a game you can, so why not chuck realism and make a game that is ideal, because that is what we all want right?

One thing Chief, sometimes you need to let others take the decisions for you. In this case, the fans. Sometimes you know, it will make you a hero. :)

Nothing more annoying than feeling you've got a good lbw shout and there being no appeal.

Nothing more annoying that feeling you've been given the wrong decision and not being able to challenge it due to no DRS!
I get where your coming from and a manual appeal button to me would be a nice touch. But as chief said, appealing when you know it will do no good makes no sense.

Sorry but that's not true at all. Are you saying that ICC umpires are making wrong decisions on perpose because DRS is being used in a game? It's there so you can challenge a decision you believe to be wrong. I've had shocking decisions both for and against me in previous games. It would have been such a great touch being able to challenge the decisions.

I am sure he does not mean that.
If the ICC umpires can give 70 percent correct decisions, the in-game umpires can surely give 95 percent correct decisions.

Now, because our umpires can make the right decision every time it's not really necessary to have it in the game.

Sorry chief but I think you've dropped the ball on that one. (No pun intended)
If your saying the umpires will NEVER be wrong then that's incredibly unrealistic. That's like telling us you've saved money and not added any visuals of the ball going to the rope because we know it will hit it. Hence there's no point adding it. :noway

----------

I am sure he does not mean that.
If the ICC umpires can give 70 percent correct decisions, the in-game umpires can surely give 95 percent correct decisions.

In order to justify not adding DRS. The umpires must be correct 100% of the time, not 95%. And to me, that's just as unrealistic as back footing a Yorker for 6.

----------

.all we are saying .....is give the game a chance..........

I will still give the game a chance. I was always going to. But remember we are allowed to give our opinions. If people feel not adding something is a bad thing then it's up to them if they want to say it.

Completely agree with you Gone4Duck. If you cannot implement basics of cricket than there is no point and make the game unrealistic. :(

Nothing more annoying that feeling you've been given the wrong decision and not being able to challenge it due to no DRS!
I get where your coming from and a manual appeal button to me would be a nice touch. But as chief said, appealing when you know it will do no good makes no sense.

Unless, manual appeal becomes a more complex system than just a manual appeal. For example umpires getting annoyed with excessive appeal and not giving decisions in your favor.

Users who are viewing this thread