Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

:)

Question for chief, graphically (not animation-wise) ashes 09 and IC 10 was very good according to many people. Personally i liked the details in graphics but wasnt fan of the cartoonish effect it had when it came to player models. Will the ac13 models be similar to the previous ones?

:lol:lol Getting anything about the engine but it's 100% new is just not going to happen, well till they show the game soon i hope. p.s how many times have i asked about the 3rd person view now, like 4 or 5 times and no answer, if i ask again then mr lee and mr Duck will be on my back faster than the whitewash the aus team got in india.:facepalm

Don't care about graphics to much

Ashes 09 and IC10 were very boring, that is fact, nothing to keep your interest after the hype dies down

Needs good online gameplay to keep it interesting, Ashes 09 was barely playable online, lack of online saving and players quitting all the time

And IC10, well less said about that the better hey chief.

Although not as important as gameplay, graphics play a big role in creating an atmosphere of a real cricket game and hence is still quite important to me.

p.s i bet chief hides for the next day or 2.

That's exactly what I was thinking. But seriously, chiefs a grown man. He's in the wrong business if he can't handle criticism. He has his reasons for adding/leaving out features. Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean I don't appreciate the fact he's still on here telling us things.
However I am left wondering why we were asked to give our ideas for the game when just about none have been added!
Career mode = not added
Custom tours = not added
Huge editor = not added
DRS = not added
Save online = not added
:noway

Although not as important as gameplay, graphics play a big role in creating an atmosphere of a real cricket game and hence is still quite important to me.

Graphics in both previous games were more than good enough for me and could live with them for the next 2/3 editions of future titles

But the gameplay was so poor for a game on a next gen console, half hearted and just not good enough

^^ i would agree about the gameplay...it was just wrong. Couldn't make myself play ic10 for more than 3 days after i figured out its just AC09 again with a different name. AC09 though i player for 3 months online before getting bored of people coming down the wicket and hitting every balls for 6. Not to forget the bad animations all over the place. Not a single shot animation looked proper with proper footwork or follow through.

For some games a perfect input by a player should not give the perfect outcome every time. muscle memory makes it easy to time every ball perfectly and hence every ball gets hit for boundaries. Something different needs to be done about such stuffs.

That's exactly what I was thinking. But seriously, chiefs a grown man. He's in the wrong business if he can't handle criticism. He has his reasons for adding/leaving out features. Just because I don't agree with them doesn't mean I don't appreciate the fact he's still on here telling us things.
However I am left wondering why we were asked to give our ideas for the game when just about none have been added!
Career mode = not added bigant
Custom tours = not added bigant i think
Huge editor = not added bigant
DRS = not added bigant
Save online = not added bigant
:noway

Yes i see your point, maybe chief can tell us which features are in that we helped them with, I know stats that's all and the nooooo's you put above.
About chief hiding just a joke, like lee1981 being the best looking member, he has not seen me in my short shorts in the middle of a QLD summer.:p
If you see earlier, after chief told us all about no DRS he left fast but he came back. I do feel sorry for him if this game is not all they are saying it is with the new engine. Time will tell.

----------

Not as fast as the white wash your underpants need Mr 79

God Lee1981, that's only after i see screens or a trailer ok:p

I've seen George Michael in his music videos so guessing very similar

No much more sexy, god what has this site become, what does George Micheal and cricket have in common, they both play with balls.:facepalm

I hope this new engine is a big improvement because I have to agree with Lee. The game sounds the same as the last two features wise. I also hope the online system is hugely improved or I can not see any longevity in this game.

Everytime something new is released about the game, the less excited I become.

Big Ant is a fully featured cricket game but Ashes 13 is just going to concentrate on Aussies and Barmy Army as Ashes 09 did.But i am just hoping for a very nice gameplay.With the advancements in technology and these people are using powerful game engines to develope the game,i dont think you will get bad graphics.So all we need is some amazing gameplay and license.But as said,Ashes 13 has just license for the two Ashes teams but yes we would get roster ASAP in PC.net.All i want is challenging and an interesting gameplay.

Also what doesn't help is Big Ants game seems to have everything we could want, so this game really doesn't stand a chance

Gameplay is the area we need to know the most fella's.
On features bigant are miles ahead no one could say otherwise.
When this new engine is shown for the first time, i hope it looks great.:spy

Also what doesn't help is Big Ants game seems to have everything we could want, so this game really doesn't stand a chance

You know what's really going to suck?! If big ants game has all the features but crap gameplay. And ashes has great gameplay with hardly any features.

Users who are viewing this thread