Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

You know what's really going to suck?! If big ants game has all the features but crap gameplay. And ashes has great gameplay with hardly any features.

God i hope not, if it does then lets hope ross and chief become partners, i can see it now. :(

Ah the sweet fragrance of optimism.......it is all about mindset. If you are gearing yourself up to be disappointed you will be. Relax, be open and wait for the darn thing to reveal itself, for good or for worse......

You know what's really going to suck?! If big ants game has all the features but crap gameplay. And ashes has great gameplay with hardly any features.
Look at the bright side, If it weren't for Big Ant, we would be now praising AC 2013 for being amazing game with great gameplay. It's only now we are caring for features is with the introduction of Big Ant. I doubt anyone cared for these features when this game was first introduced even before Big Ant title. No one gave a damn when AC 09 was first announced with even less amount of features, it was only because we had to live with only one game. So yeah, it's only because of competition and I can see many more positives b/w these two cricket games due to this.

In the end, I wouldn't really care if the above becomes reality because now we will have the option to chose the game we want to play.

Ah the sweet fragrance of optimism.......it is all about mindset. If you are gearing yourself up to be disappointed you will be. Relax, be open and wait for the darn thing to reveal itself, for good or for worse......

Tick Tock Tick Tock, darn i want to see these games.:yes

Or we can hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Or we can hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Or we can start believing that these guys earnestly want to produce something good and are just as passionate about that as we are. Everyone keeps going on about the "previous" versions. This is a new version with different people, a different engine etcetera.

We also need to realise that although we may be a very critical bunch of people, thousands of people have had masses of fun with cricket games during the past and have felt they have had a good experience for the money they have paid.

Lets give the game a chance. If it is rubbish, fine. Then fill up these forums with critiscm. If not be thankful.

And hope the gameplay is not as worse as Cricket Revolution atleast.Also the key configuration,i still cant figure out them in CR.Whereas EA or Ashes 09 keys were much easier to use.So these are the minor things that both the developers must keep in mind.

Dutchad, as much as I respect your kindness, and agree with the sentiment that we should reserve judgment until the game is actually out, the game is ultimately not free. People are going to be spending hard-earned money (or someone else's hard-earned money) to buy the game. That gives us the freedom to be skeptical, optimistic, or pessimistic. All within reason, of course, but the point still stands. Being thankful is not something I agree with. I would be thankful for I was getting was free, but since I am spending money, I have a right to expect the very best (even if that hope is not fulfilled).

Last edited:
Well there's nothing stopping you reading reviews before you buy. Ultimately we can only ever speculate pre-release.

As for expecting the best cricket games are produced on limited budgets. We're never going to get a FIFA or PES level of detail. Although BLC99 level of detail would be nice..

Dutchad, as much as I respect your kindness, and agree with the sentiment that we should reserve judgment until the game is actually out, the game is ultimately not free. People are going to be spending hard-earned money (or someone else's hard-earned money) to buy the game. That gives us the freedom to be skeptical, optimistic, or pessimistic. All within reason, of course, but the point still stands. Being thankful is not something I agree with. I would be thankful for I was getting it it was for free, but since I am spending money, I have a right to expect the very best (even if that hope is not fulfilled).

Don't get me wrong. If the game proves to be crap we must say so. And of course we have all been bitten before. And until now we have heard quite a lot about what not to expect in the game. Disappointing yes. But I for one will reserve judgement on how the game plays, whether I can get a decent game of cricket out of it. For that I have to wait until I have played it or heard from others who have done so. But if it is good and proves to meet at least some of our wishes we then also need to be grateful. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. I just think that some people are going to be disappointed whatever happens. That is there way of thinking.

@Colin: I understand that. I'm a realist, and I assume BigAnt and Trickstar (is that it?) are working on similar budgets. While I don't think having DRS is make/break, fans are obviously going to question why AC13 can't have certain features if BigAnt can.

After playing BLIC07, AC09, IC10 I personally do not have much of a hope on this game. Just having licences from 2 cricket bodies does not make a perfect game. Every time we have heard that "this feature is not on our priority list" and will not be included this time round may be in future game. Effectively we have been sold 1 sole game and 2 patches up until now.

I am not even going to start on the features list. I think none of the titles even include simple basic stuff such as bat pad catches, beamers just to give an examples. We are long way away before we even get to career modes, DRS, Manual appeal and other stuff. Which is very sad :(

After playing BLIC07, AC09, IC10 I personally do not have much of a hope on this game. Just having licences from 2 cricket bodies does not make a perfect game. Every time we have heard that "this feature is not on our priority list" and will not be included this time round may be in future game. Effectively we have been sold 1 sole game and 2 patches up until now.

I am not even going to start on the features list. I think none of the titles even include simple basic stuff such as bat pad catches, beamers just to give an examples. We are long way away before we even get to career modes, DRS, Manual appeal and other stuff. Which is very sad :(

I think that game play is going to be second to none on this game. Dynamic, unpredictable and realistic. I think that is where they have put there focus on and whether we like it or not they are in a business, a difficult business. You and me want that stuff. Thousands others couldn't give a hoot. They want to pick up a bat and be Alistair Cook or whoever and have a bit of fun. They have to make the game approachable to those people and hopefully offer enough to keep as ultra hardcore folks satisfied. It ain't an easy balance to find.....

I think that game play is going to be second to none on this game. Dynamic, unpredictable and realistic. I think that is where they have put there focus on and whether we like it or not they are in a business, a difficult business. You and me want that stuff. Thousands others couldn't give a hoot. They want to pick up a bat and be Alistair Cook or whoever and have a bit of fun. They have to make the game approachable to those people and hopefully offer enough to keep as ultra hardcore folks satisfied. It ain't an easy balance to find.....

I understand from the business perspective they have to balance the game, but the negative approach is the issue I have with. For the similar money we get much more worth from other games, so why should I not expect at least the basics of cricket being implemented correctly.!

Users who are viewing this thread