Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Sorry chief but I think you've dropped the ball on that one. (No pun intended)
If your saying the umpires will NEVER be wrong then that's incredibly unrealistic. That's like telling us you've saved money and not added any visuals of the ball going to the rope because we know it will hit it. Hence there's no point adding it. :noway

----------

In order to justify not adding DRS. The umpires must be correct 100% of the time, not 95%. And to me, that's just as unrealistic as back footing a Yorker for 6.

----------

I will still give the game a chance. I was always going to. But remember we are allowed to give our opinions. If people feel not adding something is a bad thing then it's up to them if they want to say it.

I bet when chief woke up this morning he thought god i have to tell everyone there is no DRS and that's going to suck big time, like telling a kid if you are a good boy and eat all your greens you can have some cake but after you finish you still don't get your cake. I bet this was a hard decision for chief and trickstar, maybe they had a vote and the noooo out did the yes. Who knows. In the end still looking forward to the game when we do get to see it.:)

In order to justify not adding DRS. The umpires must be correct 100% of the time, not 95%. And to me, that's just as unrealistic as back footing a Yorker for 6.
We shall see. All of these things are not far away - if they don't make it into this game then hopefully they'll be showing up in an update not too far from now.
Probably high up the pecking order for its sequel. Certainly after seeing these posts.
I bet when chief woke up this morning he thought god i have to tell everyone there is no DRS and that's going to suck big time
Maybe he won't reveal more, unless he wanted to get criticised. :p
Poor Chief.

At the end of the day I sympathise with the limitations that chief has to work with. But isn't the DRS being used as its seen as moving the game "forward"? If this is the case, if you don't add it to your game then your game isn't moving forward. Sorry if I'm offending anyone. But no DRS for me is a massive loss. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. But if anyone else disagrees then I respect that too.

At the end of the day I sympathise with the limitations that chief has to work with. But isn't the DRS being used as its seen as moving the game "forward"? If this is the case, if you don't add it to your game then your game isn't moving forward. Sorry if I'm offending anyone. But no DRS for me is a massive loss. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. But if anyone else disagrees then I respect that too.

Well I am playing Cricket Heroes at the moment which has a full DRS system in it and am loving the fact that it is there and I am being asked to make judgement calls on whether to use it or not....really adds something to the game.....

But isn't the DRS being used as its seen as moving the game "forward"? If this is the case, if you don't add it to your game then your game isn't moving forward. But no DRS for me is a massive loss.

As Chief mentioned about the complexity involving the manual appeal system along with the DRS, and the other game being able to implement it this time, maybe, just maybe, Big Ant have better devs.
Could be one of the limitation you are talking about.

Well I am playing Cricket Heroes at the moment which has a full DRS system in it and am loving the fact that it is there and I am being asked to make judgement calls on whether to use it or not....really adds something to the game.....

I think that's as close as we will get to you saying you agree with me! :thumbs

Ashes cricket 2013= Ashes 09, just updated roster.

Gotta say this game does excite me at all, will still buy it, but can see it being put on ebay within 6 months

Sorry chief

Not an optimistic fan here

Ashes cricket 2013= Ashes 09, just updated roster.

Gotta say this game does not excite me at all, will still buy it, but can see it being put on ebay within 6 months

Sorry chief

Not an optimistic fan here

:)

Question for chief, graphically (not animation-wise) ashes 09 and IC 10 was very good according to many people. Personally i liked the details in graphics but wasnt fan of the cartoonish effect it had when it came to player models. Will the ac13 models be similar to the previous ones?

You are right, we all agree but in the end we will have to see if bigant get the DRS right in there game, if yes then chief has no answer for this.p.s i bet chief hides for the next day or 2.

Don't care about graphics to much

Ashes 09 and IC10 were very boring, that is fact, nothing to keep your interest after the hype dies down

Needs good online gameplay to keep it interesting, Ashes 09 was barely playable online, lack of online saving and players quitting all the time

And IC10, well less said about that the better hey chief.

Users who are viewing this thread