Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Well,firstly great to have you here Mike.I support your decision of delaying the game.I'm loving the way your replying to each and every post and clearing our queries.I still have hopes after seeing your enthusiastic attitude towards the game.Forget what all happened,those bad memories and reviews by people.
Lastly,I wish you all the luck to do well and produce a great cricket game.

How about player height? Will they all be of same stature?

Hi, Mike! I know these days will be busy for you, but you also should keep the fanboard (Facebook, Twitter) Updating regularly, especially Facebook as you got around 35,000 People who is actually waiting for the game :) I know it's hard, but when you start revealing the features do reveal it on facebook :)

Mike,
I raised the following concern to Chief/Jamie and will do so again as I think this issue has potential to kill online gameplay...

In AC2009 online players abused the manual/user field settings by packing offside with fielders with 2 of those close to the bat and bowling way outside off. You could hardly do anything coz if you tried to hit the ball either you ot caught by one of those 2 close positions (silly point/shortcover, short mid off) or you hit the ball to the fielders for no runs. Essentially it became a game of 6 or out and totally ruined the online gameplay :facepalm

We would really appreciate it if you can impose some fielding restrictions in online gameplay, i.e., only allow default field settings for online gameplay. You can do all you want in offline gameplay or even online friendly games but for online ranked games, you need to impose field restrictions else online gameplay would be reduced to joyless games with glitchers.

Online gameplay is what lends the game longevity coz after you know how to beat the AI, which in a cricket game doesn't take too long, online gameplay is what keeps the game playable. I think online gameplay is what made AC09 such a popular game as it was the only cricket game which supported a working online gameplay on consoles before the online servers were turned off :(

Your thoughts regarding the same and how you intend to handle the online field setting glitch?

There is a custom tournament creator in the game for Test, ODI & t20 modes.

We do have manual appeal in the game.

hehe, sneaky. Delaying the game to thieve some of the easily implemented features of BA xD

Though Mike. Any chance this time round of being able to select the weather/state of batting track. Great feature, was in EA07
Also; please try and have a more realistic run rate, edges carrying further and make it harder to score runs. More Simulation options would be top if possible.
Finally, totals of simulations need a look at. In A09 they were consistantely too low, in EA07 they were too high. If you could find a nice balance etc.
One more thing; please God let batting momentum have a big part, requiring a radical change or bit of bad luck to get them out and not a mediocre catch in the deep. Gratis
Late game had another real issue with extras. Please God make them far and few, and not just no balls, but wides/bi's for 4 etc.
Also an issue with difference between new ball and Old ball. In short, there wasn't a difference.

Last edited:
As previously stated I will be doing a weekly key features outline so all will be revealed over the coming weeks.
Thats fine but you can atleast tell if it would be different from the traditional bowling and batting controls?? There will be no manual fielding too, right??

Hi Mike

I have a specific question regarding the game & PC's involvement in it

As you obviously know, members at PC were asked to provide assistance in the game regarding player stats and default fields. When it comes to creating the fields, a critical aspect is knowing how the game plays out

E.g. when human batting:

Are spinners easier to hit than pace men
Where are the easy scoring opportunities off each type of bowler
Are bat pads possible
Easier to score off short pitched bowling?
Certain fielding positions always resulting in easy catches (e.g. in IC10, 2nd or 3rd slips for spinners meant getting loads of unrealistic catching chances for shots played off back foot on the off side)

Knowing the answers to things like the above is crucial in knowing where to set the fielders.

However for AC13 we were told that, unlike in AC09 where select people had access to testing the patch that was finally delivered (and one patch that eventually turned up in IC10), no such beta gameplay testing was possible

This meant default fields being created completely 'blind' (and basically based on IC10 gameplay, even though you have started from scratch), and subject to being rendered almost useless if the AC13 gameplay meant scoring runs was too easy using them

Now that AC13 is being put back to November, does this open up an opportunity for some beta testing of game to ensure fields are up to scratch?

If so then great news, however if you state fields presented to you few months back are now not being used, then a lot of man hours were wasted by PC which would be a bit of a kick in the guts?

Hi Guys,

We won't be doing a PS Vita port at this time as the publisher hasn't asked for it. Wii U is on hold until we get XB360 & PS3 versions right as we have to prioritise platforms based on popularity.

Hi Mike, first of all thank you for your honestly regarding the delay over the release of the game.
This might be a silly question but when you say that the Wii U version is on hold, does this mean it won't be out in November?
I am looking forward to playing a cricket game on the wii u along with more great games coming out later this year for the console.
Sorry if this is long winded!!

Mike thanks for putting your head on the chopping
Block on planetcricket forum.
I just like to wish trickstar all the best and
I hope you get out of this hole!
Q. Have you made the AI tough but fair
eg can we can get lbw through skill ,
Peirce the field better so to make 1day games more
Real ?
Changed my mind not cancelling my ps3 and pc order with
Amazon ..
Good luck mike ..

Field is automatic and all players will have same height, weight, width etc with just different face. No nets, mini game controls... once you ball put your joystick down and see what the ai does in the field... repeat.

'Surpass BigAnt cricket 14' lmao.

Field is automatic and all players will have same height, weight, width etc with just different face. No nets, mini game controls... once you ball put your joystick down and see what the ai does in the field... repeat.

'Surpass BigAnt cricket 14' lmao.

i would say majority of people just stimulate bowling and they just like to bat!

We haven't seen Big Ant's AI and gameplay yet, you can't say anything yet!

Mike might mean "Suprass BigAnt cricket 14" with their gameplay and hard AI, which will make game more fun and hard to master...

I have an Athlon II X4 640 - which sits on PassMark a bit above some A6 models. Do you know if there's anything specific to the A6 that's necessary for the game to run?

Secondly, presuming those requirements are based on testing on the near current PC builds, will the optimisation being done make the minimum requirements lower, or just make it look better/smoother at the minimum?

Hi Matt,I am afraid the PC version game is going to be a problem to run on your current PC configuration. We will be doing compatibility testing and further optimisation of the PC version through Sept and Oct. but I don't see us lowering the minimum spec at this time.

----------

I am stuck at core 2 duo on my laptop! :(

Hi, I'm afraid the PC version of the game is going to be a problem running on your laptop with the core 2 duo. You going to have frame rate issues and the game will look like crap.

----------

intel core 2 duo, gtx 550 ti 1gb graphics card,
4gb ram,
windows 7
Is this enough for this game ?
i3 is the minimum or core 2 duo work ? Pls help me..

Hi, I'm afraid you going to have a problem running the game on this PC configuration as the game will have frame rate issues and look like crap running on core 2 duo.

----------

How many different bowling animations are there in the game?

Hi Hamza, I checked with the guys this morning and there over 220 bowling animations ion the game and well over 3,000 total in the game. We are now working hard to get everything turned on in the console versions to take full advantage of all the HD assets we have built over the last 18 months.

----------

How come you can't have different bowling action when even AC09 had it?? We expect you to include good features from previous + extra features. Disappointed.:/

Hang in there all will be revealed over the coming weeks!

How about player height? Will they all be of same stature?

In AC09, height was in the ratio Keeper<<Bowler<Batsman.Even if u put KP or Morne [tall guys] they will appear looking as kids at 13 or so.

And please kindly put accessories such as sunglasses, bowler bands etc. in the game.BLIC at least had shades but AC09 had nothing expectt zinc creams.

How come you can't have different bowling action when even AC09 had it?? We expect you to include good features from previous + extra features. Disappointed.:/

I remember AC09 having a good variety of bowling,3 or 4 for the pacers itself, 'Slinging' one of Malinga/Akhtar etc. Zaheer's action, Flintoff's action etc.

All together there were 15 actions.

F LONG RUN UP X3
F MEDIUM RUN UP X3
F SHORT RUN UP X2
LEG SPIN X2
M LONG RUN UP X2
M MEDIUM RUN UP X2
OFF SPIN X3

Hi Matt,I am afraid the PC version game is going to be a problem to run on your current PC configuration. We will be doing compatibility testing and further optimisation of the PC version through Sept and Oct. but I don't see us lowering the minimum spec at this time.
Does the delay make a demo more likely so I can find out before purchase?

Bluntly, considering how the game looks, I can't understand why it would be so demanding.

Users who are viewing this thread