Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Given Big ants track record of abandoning games, i am understandably concerned about ashes cricket 2017. there appears to be a schism between those who blindly buy and follow the game no matter what, and those who can see the cricket games for what they really are, bugs and all.

This is from the big ant forums today and perfectly illustrates the incipient problems with big ant in relation to patching games and fixing reported bugs;

“With the announcement of Ashes 2017 game, I wonder what will happen to DBC 17.
Especially what will happen to all the bugs in DBC 17 that players face while playing multiplayer online games.
1. Run out glitches (different types of them)
2. Game crashes
3. Invisible balls
4. Fielding Bugs (non-reacting fielders)

Very rarely I see a game developing company give up on a game bugs and move on to releasing a new game without fixing the previous game issues.

Is ashes just another patched version of DBC 17 ? Different look and feel but with same buggy gameplay ?
It would be very shameful if it turns out to be like that”

The amazon reviews seem to suggest that ashes cricket is very bugged on ps4. DB17 serious bugs have still not been fixed, even though big ant know about tem, and they never will be fixed.

At least on steam you can get a refund for games up to two hours play. That’s not very long for a game like this where serious game breaking bugs may not become immediately apparent.

Big ant really haven’t listened in the past and have clearly shown no interest in fixing serious bugs.

Of course, many on here will defend them. They may be the ones who obliviously follow the game whatever big ant do. Or don’t do.

uh... Big Ant supported DBC17 strongly and over many months. To suggest that they're even as close to developers like EA for just abandoning games and selling the patches as new games. Hell, the Football Manager series is the gold standard for that kind of behaviour.

They've listened and patched well, hell they've even listened and patched well within a week of release, they released a patch to fix an issue on the weekend last week.

Shows how subjective these things can be, I am loving fifa 18 (offline) :p

That's because you didn't buy it day 1 :p
When it came out, it was the best fifa ever, apart from goalies were a bit shit and long shots were overpowered.
They only needed to patch them 2 things, but instead they changed a load of stuff...it was like going to bed with gemma atkinson and waking up with olive from on the buses :lol

That's because you didn't buy it day 1 :p
When it came out, it was the best fifa ever, apart from goalies were a bit shit and long shots were overpowered.
They only needed to patch them 2 things, but instead they changed a load of stuff...it was like going to bed with gemma atkinson and waking up with olive from on the buses :lol

I agree. I was in the beta and dug it, same for demo and the full game until EA panicked and patched it back to Fifa 17 style gameplay the Thursday before the first FUT champions weekend event.

[HASHTAG]#fixfifa[/HASHTAG] is going strong and EA isn’t listening at all.

Ashes is so much better supported by BA.

Well tell BA to fix the ball to make it look like DBC 17 Ball. Its nearly a deal breaker for me.

It just takes realism out when you cant see the ball in the outfield without aerial marker

Play on legend

Hey guys

Whoever plays online, is the batting just too easy? All my online games, each ball either goes for 4 or 6 or it's a dot ball. Nothing in between.

We didn't have this in previous versions of the game. Makes it just too casual. Frustrating actually. Any thoughts?

I am one among them who pre ordered fifa 18 PS4 and played it on very first day. After a hour of playing, felt that it's not worth the money. I stopped playing fifa 18 completely now.. Sorry, off topic. EA is such a crap and money minded company.
lol yeah and seeing everyon ei smoaning about online, in South Africa 90% of players cannot even play a 1 on 1 match vs friends, Fifa18 will not allow you to send game invites!! 3 patches later still not fixed. they don't care ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1511582397][/DOUBLEPOST]
Play on legend
We are playing on legend and getting games with 120 in a 5 over game!!! please don't tel me you think batting is not overpowered? sixes at 119m, 143m are rediculous in LEGEND!

how does confidence and stamina work in this game? In DBC17, one could press the up arrow and get the confidences and stamina of the batsmen and bowler but I can't seem to find it in Ashes. I see the red bars next to the batsman and bowler - does this signify confidence/stamina?

Just watching ashes. Makes me realise that we need a more brighter red ball in Test Cricket in the game. I would be able to see the ball without that circle around him. Otherwise its hard to see the ball. Hope this small change strikes to @BigAntStudios

how does confidence and stamina work in this game? In DBC17, one could press the up arrow and get the confidences and stamina of the batsmen and bowler but I can't seem to find it in Ashes. I see the red bars next to the batsman and bowler - does this signify confidence/stamina?
the red bars just under the batter bowler name is it yes --- the colour is confidence, the length of the line is stamina :)

the red bars just under the batter bowler name is it yes --- the colour is confidence, the length of the line is stamina :)
That is hardly visible, Sigh! The game has quite few sigh moments at this moment.. lol

How do you advance a spinner and block ?
How do you sweep ?
and is ducking just r3 ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can any one tell me how to upload a video clip ps4 to YouTube and then I want to post that vedio in forum as one shot missing in standard control batsman approach is different to compared to classic control

Users who are viewing this thread