Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Even one perticular shot in standard control batting is broken.
U will not be able to touch it with standard controls.
But connect very well with classic controls.
Already captured the video will post it tomorrow.
There are few links missing with both the controls.
Want to try custom controls but cant find it how to set it can anybody help me with custom controls from where and how to set it

hey guys, sorry for changing the topic(s) but had a quick question.
Is there a way to throw a direct hit or at-least target the wickets to try for a run-out against the AI?

Sometimes I've been into situation where I can see if I throw the ball at wickets, I can get the AI run-out but the ball goes to the keeper / bowler and they are not even near the wickets.

For example - AI batsman started running after defending the ball; Ball was picked by the guy in gully and the wicket keeper was still at his spot started to run towards the wicket.
I threw at the keepers end and the gully guy just threw it to the keeper who was far away from the wicket and I missed an easy run-out.

In DBC14 there was an option but in DBC17 and Ashes this option is gone.

Any suggestions? :)

Sir will try and express it clearly
Team A hosts the match normalise skill yes
All self created players in academy
Rating 100
Team rating becomes 100 as their not linked.
Team B
Chooses Pakistan skills edited to 100
Rating 100 all linked players..

Normalise skills set to yes by team A
Team A ratings become 100
Team B rating. Becomes 87 or any set as default Pakistan team
This is unfair.

Hope I am clear enough What I want to express.
So had a thought if there was a online version only with no sliders, player creation,skills, heights,attributes, edits locked.... Normalise skill yes as default and no player creation.
Separate version so offline players will be happy too.
As dbc17 after all the patches was excellent offline only draw back was ai was not so good.
But online dbc 17 never got any attention

The length variation using RS is one of the biggest features for me. It works but not to the fullest extent. The variation is minimal and to bowl longer pitch we need to release the ball early and the speed drops somewhere around 15-20 kmph. At the same time using L1/R1 I can get the maximum difference of shorter and longer pitch without any speed drop. Wonder is it only me worried on this, not seen any discussion on this great feature since its return from DBC14.

@WealeyH @blockerdave your thoughts, please. I know dave loves bowling a lot than batting.
I think the point is to use both l1/r1 length and release time to change the length, for example you can bowl an r1 short ball, but release it as late as possible and it will be the same length as an l1 good ball released at 'good' timing

hey guys, sorry for changing the topic(s) but had a quick question.
Is there a way to throw a direct hit or at-least target the wickets to try for a run-out against the AI?

Sometimes I've been into situation where I can see if I throw the ball at wickets, I can get the AI run-out but the ball goes to the keeper / bowler and they are not even near the wickets.

For example - AI batsman started running after defending the ball; Ball was picked by the guy in gully and the wicket keeper was still at his spot started to run towards the wicket.
I threw at the keepers end and the gully guy just threw it to the keeper who was far away from the wicket and I missed an easy run-out.

In DBC14 there was an option but in DBC17 and Ashes this option is gone.

Any suggestions? :)
you need to hold the button down untill the throwing meter is in the green zone

No. It's currently bugged. If I try and alter ball marker display at all the ball is impossible to hit.

Thanks for the reply. In that case I hope the issue's fixed at the earliest as the gameplay modifiers (custom difficulty) and ability to view the ball marker early/late is one of the prominent features of the game.

Just wanted to check. Have you guys ever seen any slip catches while batting?
I am mainly focusing on batting (preferably broadcast 1 camera) where I spent over 15 hours of gameplay with different level settings, but I did not loose any of wickets by slip catches.

I intentionally played some of the worst late cut shots and drives (on and off) to see if anything caught behind, but nothing works. However, you can't even connect the ball if custom modifier enables with slight changes in pitch marker at hardest level.

Default system Hardest level (batting): you can time (ideal or good) the ball pretty easily, but no time for viewing gaps and hit through.Just play through off or leg side blindly if you manage to keep your wickets throughout the innings, otherwise you miss timed it which results in loosing wickets.

Custom hardest(batting): if you touch pitch marker slider, you can't connect the ball at all.

I think the point is to use both l1/r1 length and release time to change the length, for example you can bowl an r1 short ball, but release it as late as possible and it will be the same length as an l1 good ball released at 'good' timing

That's a fair point I will try it today if that works this way

Just wanted to check. Have you guys ever seen any slip catches while batting?
I am mainly focusing on batting (preferably broadcast 1 camera) where I spent over 15 hours of gameplay with different level settings, but I did not loose any of wickets by slip catches.

I intentionally played some of the worst late cut shots and drives (on and off) to see if anything caught behind, but nothing works. However, you can't even connect the ball if custom modifier enables with slight changes in pitch marker at hardest level.

Default system Hardest level (batting): you can time (ideal or good) the ball pretty easily, but no time for viewing gaps and hit through.Just play through off or leg side blindly if you manage to keep your wickets throughout the innings, otherwise you miss timed it which results in loosing wickets.

Custom hardest(batting): if you touch pitch marker slider, you can't connect the ball at all.

I've edged the ball to the keeper and slips quite a lot haha

One Question.
Can we use Normalise skill option when playing against AI? Never saw this option
Or is it just for online matches? Can, Anyone help?

Reported in the bug page but the bloody frustrations of having the same batsman caught behind twice in one over, the umpire raising his finger yet the batsman is not dismessed is infuriating

Users who are viewing this thread