Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Looking at how earned stats work(at present), would have preferred Competition stats being added to Earned stats rather than Casual Match stats. What's your take on this guys?

Yeah, but you have custom batting switched on, right?

There's an issue GK and I have been banging on about since DBC17 where custom settings are way harder than vanilla. They are supposed to match but I'm afraid they clearly don't.

Switch custom batting off and try it. You'll probably hit the ball fine.

Unfortunately I have no idea what the "true" custom settings that match vanilla batting hardest are though.

I've been playing with timing on 65 and everything else on 100, but I would say that's harder than vanilla hardest.
Thank you, it works and I am able to connect the shots if I disable custom modifier.

I would like to play hardest batting, but I need pitch marker bit more early. Will there be any other solution for this. If custom gameplay on, I could not connect the ball in hardest batting setting.

I would like to play hardest batting, but I need pitch marker bit more early. Will there be any other solution for this. If custom gameplay on, I could not connect the ball in hardest batting setting.

Afraid I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm playing with speed on max and I could just use a little extra marker time.

But GK and I have been trying to find out the "correct" setting values in beta since 17, and we still don't know.

Afraid I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm playing with speed on max and I could just use a little extra marker time.

But GK and I have been trying to find out the "correct" setting values in beta since 17, and we still don't know.
That's really sad. We do have an option, but can't do anything with this.

They supported DBC17 with multiple patches, and had to ‘abandon’ it by virtue of not holding the license any more. Don’t make stuff up.
i am not making stuff up. look at the steam reviews for db17. Have you played it on pc? They most certainly did stop supporting the game on pc. People habe continually reporting game breaking bugs on pc and all have been ignored on pc. is everyone a liar on steam?
also look in the game discussions about the game.
once again people are complaining about the lack of updates to resolve game breaking bugs. Just take a look if you don't believe.
Are all these people making the bugs up.
A lot of people paid a lot of money for db17 on pc(including me) and did not receive the support they should have.
premium price equals premium game. That means that if you charge a massive amount for a game those who buy have a right to expect game support.
On pc they did not get that.
I suspect you have never played the game on pc.
people on steam are very upset that big ant abandoned them.
One said
Its because of developers like these(big ant) that piracy flourishes

Last edited:

Quick question regarding gameplay modifiers... I've read that if you tweak gameplay modifiers and play on 'Custom Difficulty' for batting, the game (batting) becomes literally impossible as you can't connect with the ball. Is this true? The reason I'm asking is that I generally bat on custom difficulty level (say most of Batting sliders set to 60 and Ball Marker Display Time set to 30). Can you do so?

i am not making stuff up. look at the steam reviews for db17. Have you played it on pc? They most certainly did stop supporting the game on pc. People habe continually reporting game breaking bugs on pc and all have been ignored on pc. is everyone a liar on steam?
once again people are complaining about the lack of updates to resolve game breaking bugs. Just take a look if you don't believe.
A lot of people paid a lot of money for db17 on pc(including me) and did not receive the support they should have.
premium price equals premium game. That means that if you charge a massive amount for a game those who buy have a right to expect game support.

I'm pretty sure the current PC version of DBC17 is the exact same as the console versions.

Also I have 330+ hours on steam and never once experienced a 'game-breaking' bug.

people on steam are very upset that big ant abandoned them.
One said
Its because of developers like these(big ant) that piracy flourishes
They spent a month using PC users as guinea pigs to test patches on DBC 17, while Xbox and PS4 users had to wait for the final patch, those of us on PC had an update every couple of days.

It's because of pirates and people who don't want to pay for games that piracy flourishes.

The length variation using RS is one of the biggest features for me. It works but not to the fullest extent. The variation is minimal and to bowl longer pitch we need to release the ball early and the speed drops somewhere around 15-20 kmph. At the same time using L1/R1 I can get the maximum difference of shorter and longer pitch without any speed drop. Wonder is it only me worried on this, not seen any discussion on this great feature since its return from DBC14.

@WealeyH @blockerdave your thoughts, please. I know dave loves bowling a lot than batting.

Stupid question, but what are the "Team Lists" for? creating a league for custom matches/tournaments?

Quick question regarding gameplay modifiers... I've read that if you tweak gameplay modifiers and play on 'Custom Difficulty' for batting, the game (batting) becomes literally impossible as you can't connect with the ball. Is this true? The reason I'm asking is that I generally bat on custom difficulty level (say most of Batting sliders set to 60 and Ball Marker Display Time set to 30). Can you do so?

No. It's currently bugged. If I try and alter ball marker display at all the ball is impossible to hit.

Users who are viewing this thread