Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I think they should sell ashes in box and digital with 2 versions one online and one offline.
Like for physical copy 2 cd one for online and one for offline.
1.Offline version can be added with modifiers, players edits,player creation
And all other stuff.
1.Online all locked no variation features not available skills locked too.
No player can be edited only the jersey's and player faces can be downloaded.
Only a proper training mode should be there.
As online is designed In such a way that manny players cheat as well
For example increasing height taking quick singles and doubles.
Creating players and setting normalise skills to yes which is really unfair.
Changing attributes of players
Fast medium bowler becomes medium.
Even changing strength cardio run speed also effects the game.
Most important is players who play online hardly plays offline games and online is always neglected.
Hope any one reading this post understands my point of vieiw

Last edited:
i am not making stuff up. look at the steam reviews for db17. Have you played it on pc? They most certainly did stop supporting the game on pc. People habe continually reporting game breaking bugs on pc and all have been ignored on pc. is everyone a liar on steam?
also look in the game discussions about the game.
once again people are complaining about the lack of updates to resolve game breaking bugs. Just take a look if you don't believe.
Are all these people making the bugs up.
A lot of people paid a lot of money for db17 on pc(including me) and did not receive the support they should have.
premium price equals premium game. That means that if you charge a massive amount for a game those who buy have a right to expect game support.
On pc they did not get that.
I suspect you have never played the game on pc.
people on steam are very upset that big ant abandoned them.
One said
Its because of developers like these(big ant) that piracy flourishes

You’ve missed the point completely. You said they didn’t support the game - they supported it with multiple patches during the time in which they still owned the license. If they don’t own the license, they can’t put out patches anymore. Get it?

By the way, I only ever played it in PC.

I think they should sell ashes in box and digital with 2 versions one online and one offline.
Like for physical copy 2 cd one for online and one for offline.
1.Offline version can be added with modifiers, players edits,player creation
And all other stuff.
1.Online all locked no variation features not available skills locked too.
No player can be edited only the jersey's and player faces can be downloaded.
Only a proper training mode should be there.
As online is designed In such a way that manny players cheat as well
For example increasing height taking quick singles and doubles.
Creating players and setting normalise skills to yes which is really unfair.
Changing attributes of players
Fast medium bowler becomes medium.
Even changing strength cardio run speed also effects the game.
Most important is players who play online hardly plays offline games and online is always neglected.
Hope any one reading this post understands my point of vieiw

Setting normalise skills to ‘yes’ makes the game fair. It balances out the skills for both sides and eliminates the issue of having a team full of 99 overall players.

You’ve missed the point completely. You said they didn’t support the game - they supported it with multiple patches during the time in which they still owned the license. If they don’t own the license, they can’t put out patches anymore. Get it?

By the way, I only ever played it in PC.

Begs the question....'how long do they own the ashes licence for?'

Begs the question....'how long do they own the ashes licence for?'

it's not the ashes license per se, it's the rights to this game.

tru blu as publisher of dbc fund and make decisions re support/patches for dbc17/14.

big ant as publisher of ashes fund and make decisions re support for ashes.

even if another publisher bought rights to ashes for 2019 and produced a game with a different dev, it wouldn't preclude BA continuing to support this game, but they wouldn't be able to produce content for 2019 e.g. as a DLC

tru blu as publisher of dbc fund and make decisions re support/patches for dbc17/14.

even if another publisher bought rights to ashes for 2019 and produced a game with a different dev, it wouldn't preclude BA continuing to support this game, but they wouldn't be able to produce content for 2019 e.g. as a DLC

Interesting...getting off topic but I was genuinely shocked when they didn't release a DBC17 patch after 1.4 because this patch didn't fix things (career stats) that it claimed too. I just didn't get how they expected people to buy their future games with that kind of thing happening and not being resolved.

The tru blu thing makes me hope bigant wanted to fix it and protect their reputation but just were not allowed.

I'm a bit confused by all this because, for both the Don Bradman games on Steam, Big Ant is listed as both the developer and publisher now. (As opposed to RLL4 which still has Tru Blu listed as the publisher.)

RLL3 has this:

joh7NR4.png

Which is even more interesting.

Interesting...getting off topic but I was genuinely shocked when they didn't release a DBC17 patch after 1.4 because this patch didn't fix things (career stats) that it claimed too. I just didn't get how they expected people to buy their future games with that kind of thing happening and not being resolved.

The tru blu thing makes me hope bigant wanted to fix it and protect their reputation but just were not allowed.

To me, the frequency in which they’ve released patches so far also shows your last point is most likely correct. Having BA self publish is a massive win for all.

I'm a bit confused by all this because, for both the Don Bradman games on Steam, Big Ant is listed as both the developer and publisher now. (As opposed to RLL4 which still has Tru Blu listed as the publisher.)

RLL3 has this:

joh7NR4.png

Which is even more interesting.

aye it's an interesting point, i recall that they published pc dbc14. (didn't know about 17)

aye it's an interesting point, i recall that they published pc dbc14. (didn't know about 17)

Personally I don't find it too unreasonable even if they did just decide that they'd done all they could with DBC17 and moved to put all efforts into Ashes after they got the license. From my interactions with Matt at the time I don't even think the career stats issue was something that could be fixed in a patch. I'd hardly say they 'abandoned' the game when they supported it till May.

Setting normalise skills to ‘yes’ makes the game fair. It balances out the skills for both sides and eliminates the issue of having a team full of 99 overall players.
Sir u missed my point totally
Creating players and settings normalise skills yes is unfair.
TeamACreated players rating 100 will remain 100 if u set normalise skills yes too.
Team B edited linked players to 100 and normalise skills set to yes by team A. Then B rating will not remain 100
That's unfair.
Hope u got my point now.

Sir u missed my point totally
Creating players and settings normalise skills yes is unfair.
TeamACreated players rating 100 will remain 100 if u set normalise skills yes too.
Team B edited linked players to 100 and normalise skills set to yes by team A. Then B rating will not remain 100
That's unfair.
Hope u got my point now.

I don’t think you understand how normalise skills works. Either that, or you’re not expressing yourself clearly

I don’t think you understand how normalise skills works. Either that, or you’re not expressing yourself clearly
Sir will try and express it clearly
Team A hosts the match normalise skill yes
All self created players in academy
Rating 100
Team rating becomes 100 as their not linked.
Team B
Chooses Pakistan skills edited to 100
Rating 100 all linked players..

Normalise skills set to yes by team A
Team A ratings become 100
Team B rating. Becomes 87 or any set as default Pakistan team
This is unfair.

Hope I am clear enough What I want to express.
So had a thought if there was a online version only with no sliders, player creation,skills, heights,attributes, edits locked.... Normalise skill yes as default and no player creation.
Separate version so offline players will be happy too.

I had been using button bowling since ashes came out and even though I was bowling good length or shy of a good length, mixing my speeds and varying my line very slightly, the AI was tearing me up.

In the middle of my last match after giving up some 4’s and 6’s across the opening 3 overs I switched to classic RS bowling.

I now declare Standard button bowling broken.

After I made the change to classic I bowled 2 maidens, had an edge, wickedly fast bowled out 2 batsman, racked up dot balls and basically run suppressed the AI over the remaining 7 overs.

Again, Standard button bowling is broken. I firmly believe the AI knows what you are bowling when you button bowl.

The same line and length delivery I was bowling on standard button bowling which the AI was hammering now with classic stick bowling they would leave it, tentatively stab at it, misplay it, etc.

Also must mention you can seam your pace deliveries with classic, why is that absent from button bowl?

Shocking really, how much stick bowling trounces button bowling in terms of success vs the AI.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread