Ashes Cricket General Discussion

People have asked for my opinion on this so...

I have to state I feel this game plays a lot better than DBC 17 and also feels a little more complete. The new control method feels good for a novice like me. Considering I will never be a champion games player or play more than a few hours a week it fits the bill. The problems are not 'massive' and I do have the confidence that Big ant will iron these out in due course.

For the record this is on PS4.

sorry if this has been mentioned before but i cannot read through 236 pages to find out...

have the county teams been done? if yes, whose are the best to download?

sorry if this has been mentioned before but i cannot read through 236 pages to find out...

have the county teams been done? if yes, whose are the best to download?
Bloody typical.... Lol x

There is a thread I have tried to find it which lists the progress of all the teams but the short answer is not yet but they are in progress.

What about when playing against spinners and medium bowlers, player gets a lot of time to hit most of the time.What do you think?

Personally, you do get more time but for me, if I've been facing quick bowlers, you do have to adjust to the slower speeds and I find that can be quite difficult. Also it can be tough to hit the ball as far, just like real life. Quick bowlers I can use the pace, the slower pace I have to think more and look for gaps.

Wasteyouryouth which batting cam you used and Red ball visibility needs to be improved as it is looking very pale in test matches. In DBC17 red ball colour is good and visible.
I use Batting Far. I've not played red ball yet on PC but on the PS4 when I tried with the white ball I couldn't even see it - it just merged into the pitch. I think the ball trail helps somewhat.

I did see a pretty little spread sheet on the opening page of a thread the other day is this not around... ?
I'm not aware of such a thread. Are you saying you created a thread in the "Ashes Cricket" forum?

I'm not aware of such a thread. Are you saying you created a thread in the "Ashes Cricket" forum?
No just thought I saw a color chart with all the progress of the teams in AC17 in red and green.

The thread is linked just two posts above yours.
Two above my first or above the second or three below the first... ? It's been sorted now, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried that but did not work. STill bowling slower around 75 km/h..i had faced AI around 90 km/h they were quick after some flights.
Are you on Career mode? Might be the bowler's skills are low. I have hit speeds of 95+ at ease

Last edited:
Personally, you do get more time but for me, if I've been facing quick bowlers, you do have to adjust to the slower speeds and I find that can be quite difficult. Also it can be tough to hit the ball as far, just like real life. Quick bowlers I can use the pace, the slower pace I have to think more and look for gaps.

I use Batting Far. I've not played red ball yet on PC but on the PS4 when I tried with the white ball I couldn't even see it - it just merged into the pitch. I think the ball trail helps somewhat.

I think not being able to see the red ball, or pink, is a big issue. I hate the ball trail and marker but have to have one of them to be able to play. I use broadcast cam but any broadcast I've watched on TV I can see the ball clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread