Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I'm surprised the logo issue hasn't been discussed sooner. I did raise it a few weeks ago and it was prevalent in dbc17.

I'm just disappointed that stats still don't work. I've played one career game. Two innings and the stats are wrong. Don't seem to count my second (not out) inning as already mentioned. As a number 5/6 Batam, that's going to be a lot of innings not counted. There are also problems with bowling stats.

I'm gonna do a clean install when I'm home, no patch and see if stats work. If not, for me that is an abomination. The other is the fact people are reporting wickets not being registered. Everything else can kind of be pushed aside as a quirk. The dodgy fielding, the super human fielding, the lack of bounce and carry... I can see past all that. I just hope to God they fix the stats this time around, or it turns out to be logo related.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Is the tail enders bat better then top order of AI or is it just me ?

Read these forums most days, figured I may as well start posting as a lot of things that come up have happened to me to. Like the one in the quote above.

Excuse the crude screenshots....

https://s9.postimg.org/5d8pp9rwr/SRI_v_IND.jpg

The first is a #11 who hammered me around for to Sri Lanka (who I've not heard of and can't find on google, so maybe I need to check the team I DL'd!) but they put on 123 for the last wicket and looked very untroubled throughout.

https://s9.postimg.org/uj9nw3lh7/NZ_v_ENG.jpg

Then the next game was Neil Wagner for NZ putting together a classy 40 off 102 balls, and adding 76 with Henry Nicholls. Both games were in very bowler friendly conditions. Spin in India, Seam at Trent Bridge.

Not saying it's completely unrealistic, or doesn't happen in real life. And it is a very small sample size. But in most of my games to date, I'd say I've more problems getting knocked around by the lower order than the top, and if someone is gonna make a score against me it'll from the 5, 6 or 7 guys with dogged support from 8, 9 10 and 11.

Haven't seen this mentioned but the scroll down for the ladder in custom tournament doesn't work meaning if you have more than thirteen teams you can see below that.

Read these forums most days, figured I may as well start posting as a lot of things that come up have happened to me to. Like the one in the quote above.

Excuse the crude screenshots....

https://s9.postimg.org/5d8pp9rwr/SRI_v_IND.jpg

The first is a #11 who hammered me around for to Sri Lanka (who I've not heard of and can't find on google, so maybe I need to check the team I DL'd!) but they put on 123 for the last wicket and looked very untroubled throughout.

https://s9.postimg.org/uj9nw3lh7/NZ_v_ENG.jpg

Then the next game was Neil Wagner for NZ putting together a classy 40 off 102 balls, and adding 76 with Henry Nicholls. Both games were in very bowler friendly conditions. Spin in India, Seam at Trent Bridge.

Not saying it's completely unrealistic, or doesn't happen in real life. And it is a very small sample size. But in most of my games to date, I'd say I've more problems getting knocked around by the lower order than the top, and if someone is gonna make a score against me it'll from the 5, 6 or 7 guys with dogged support from 8, 9 10 and 11.

Argh, sorry. Tiny screen shots and the forum won't let me edit them for some reason. Either way, the descriptions above are correct even if the images are too small to see :)

I planing to get Ashes Cricket in a week or two (PS4)... so my question is, can I play the game (online + downloading teams for career mode) without updating the game until next major patch comes up?...

I planing to get Ashes Cricket in a week or two (PS4)... so my question is, can I play the game (online + downloading teams for career mode) without updating the game until next major patch comes up?...
From what I've read in the forums, yes, you can certainly play without updating the game.

EDIT: In offline mode that is...

Last edited:

Not sure about playing online etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1514977291][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can't find the thread for online sharing, but to the person who wanted to see my nick fest. I just started streaming my 523 run chase, it's recording and I have already edged one just short of gully. https://www.twitch.tv/loveatfirstslip

Batting for me, is def far too easy. Your kind of proving that as well haha!

I think it's easy cause their confidence is high, Cook is clobbering everything he hits. That's two dismissals though, both edges to slips.

I think it's more they are over powered with the stats. But yeah I believe the edges as I got them! Missed both of them though ha!

I think it's more they are over powered with the stats. But yeah I believe the edges as I got them! Missed both of them though ha!
It's probably both. I think the high stats will make some shots easier but the high confidence seems to result in anything middled zooming to the boundary. It's completely different batting in the second innings to the first. I was scrapping around like crazy for anything. This time the runs just started flowing. Would explain why Bancroft scored so rapidly against me, even conservative batsman will look to score in the gaps, so if there are some it makes sense they'd hit them.

My two edges to slips have been followed by two edged onto the stumps. I only need another 397.

Got these after removing the Decal folder to a different place and playing without any logos , teams..

The AI plays very realistically now and I am loving it...I tried everything to get them out but AI was too sensible and they played really well..Taking quick singles when no runs are coming, leaving balls when movement is more and loose balls were dispatched..The front foot prod which I call as the dig out shot animation was also played the way it should have been, there were a slog shots of them though really low which was great too..In the process got these good looking wickets which made me punch in the air to celebrate as they were that good for the situation..

Then at the end Broad and Anderson had a ridiculous partnership and they werent troubled at all..Need to tweak their skills mainly of Anderson, he bats like a top order with shots all around with ease...I even took the 3rd new ball after 160 overs but they understood my frustration and declared... :p

And now comes Australia's batting...Pink ball night session ball was moving around and getting runs was a big challenge..AI now is bowling the stump line like before too..Not just Batting the AI bowling has also changed for good..Whether its good for me or not I do not know..But man that was an awesome session of cricket...Warner got out edging one to second slip..Surprise but was really good delivery too full and swung away which took the edge of the low part of the bat...

20180103151148_1.jpg

Then came in Khawaja..And struggle continued for a while but runs were coming off singles and doubles once in a while..It was really great feel though..I felt like AI kept me on the backfoot to survive through the last session of the day which I did..

20180103153658_1.jpg

You can clearly see the struggle both batsman were facing...I am not a guy who likes to stick around but I wanted to dominate AI but nope...I just had to defend..Movement across, extra bounce and brilliant variations from AI regards to the line and length just made it more challenging...Thanks a lot to @WealeyH for coming up with such a thought or test it just made me love the game more...Now coming back to the game Bancroft got out to a beauty which @blockerdave @grkrama always talk about driving the ball not being risky when ball is moving around but not this time...Ball was full tempting to drive and did but the result was as below..

Then came in the hope of the team Smith, he as the real him wasnt just waiting, he got off with some dab and run singles and then came in Ali who wasnt left to smile anymore in this match and was played all around the ground..Beautiful boundaries scored and Smith reached his 50 in his trademark style...

20180103161013_1.jpg

20180103161015_1.jpg

20180103161044_1.jpg

But on the other side Khawaja stayed , nothing to say apart from that...The angle the right hand bowlers get across to left handed makes it even more challenging which is clearly visible in Khawaja's case..Though both Smith and Khawaja managing crucial 50 partnership...And Khawaja survives..The struggle was real but the game was just too good to be left but after a 5 hour session closed the game...:D

20180103161337_1.jpg

This journey will continue...And eager to see whats in bag for AI to challenge me in the coming sessions...Thanks for looking..:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread