Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Got these after removing the Decal folder to a different place and playing without any logos , teams..

The AI plays very realistically now and I am loving it...I tried everything to get them out but AI was too sensible and they played really well..Taking quick singles when no runs are coming, leaving balls when movement is more and loose balls were dispatched..The front foot prod which I call as the dig out shot animation was also played the way it should have been, there were a slog shots of them though really low which was great too..In the process got these good looking wickets which made me punch in the air to celebrate as they were that good for the situation..

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=K5Y2GJvWZIM

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=711eNIq-Pn4

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QHNsx6rQki8

Then at the end Broad and Anderson had a ridiculous partnership and they werent troubled at all..Need to tweak their skills mainly of Anderson, he bats like a top order with shots all around with ease...I even took the 3rd new ball after 160 overs but they understood my frustration and declared... :p

And now comes Australia's batting...Pink ball night session ball was moving around and getting runs was a big challenge..AI now is bowling the stump line like before too..Not just Batting the AI bowling has also changed for good..Whether its good for me or not I do not know..But man that was an awesome session of cricket...Warner got out edging one to second slip..Surprise but was really good delivery too full and swung away which took the edge of the low part of the bat...

View attachment 202637

Then came in Khawaja..And struggle continued for a while but runs were coming off singles and doubles once in a while..It was really great feel though..I felt like AI kept me on the backfoot to survive through the last session of the day which I did..

View attachment 202638

You can clearly see the struggle both batsman were facing...I am not a guy who likes to stick around but I wanted to dominate AI but nope...I just had to defend..Movement across, extra bounce and brilliant variations from AI regards to the line and length just made it more challenging...Thanks a lot to @WealeyH for coming up with such a thought or test it just made me love the game more...Now coming back to the game Bancroft got out to a beauty which @blockerdave @grkrama always talk about driving the ball not being risky when ball is moving around but not this time...Ball was full tempting to drive and did but the result was as below..

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=wkIKTx8Jsxs

Then came in the hope of the team Smith, he as the real him wasnt just waiting, he got off with some dab and run singles and then came in Ali who wasnt left to smile anymore in this match and was played all around the ground..Beautiful boundaries scored and Smith reached his 50 in his trademark style...

View attachment 202641

View attachment 202642

View attachment 202643

But on the other side Khawaja stayed , nothing to say apart from that...The angle the right hand bowlers get across to left handed makes it even more challenging which is clearly visible in Khawaja's case..Though both Smith and Khawaja managing crucial 50 partnership...And Khawaja survives..The struggle was real but the game was just too good to be left but after a 5 hour session closed the game...:D

View attachment 202644

This journey will continue...And eager to see whats in bag for AI to challenge me in the coming sessions...Thanks for looking..:)
The YouTube links seems to have some problem.

This is absolutely ridiculous if logos/teams/stadiums have an impact on the gameplay.
If it's true and that's the case then I give up on this game.

@WealeyH
Hi, i didnt remember about this logo gameplay issue in dbc17. Can you please let me know whether this issue was fixed in dbc17 by bigant?
If yes, then i hope they can be able to fix this in next patch and we all can again have good days :)

Got these after removing the Decal folder to a different place and playing without any logos , teams..

The AI plays very realistically now and I am loving it...I tried everything to get them out but AI was too sensible and they played really well..Taking quick singles when no runs are coming, leaving balls when movement is more and loose balls were dispatched..The front foot prod which I call as the dig out shot animation was also played the way it should have been, there were a slog shots of them though really low which was great too..In the process got these good looking wickets which made me punch in the air to celebrate as they were that good for the situation..

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=K5Y2GJvWZIM

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=711eNIq-Pn4

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QHNsx6rQki8

Then at the end Broad and Anderson had a ridiculous partnership and they werent troubled at all..Need to tweak their skills mainly of Anderson, he bats like a top order with shots all around with ease...I even took the 3rd new ball after 160 overs but they understood my frustration and declared... :p

And now comes Australia's batting...Pink ball night session ball was moving around and getting runs was a big challenge..AI now is bowling the stump line like before too..Not just Batting the AI bowling has also changed for good..Whether its good for me or not I do not know..But man that was an awesome session of cricket...Warner got out edging one to second slip..Surprise but was really good delivery too full and swung away which took the edge of the low part of the bat...

View attachment 202637

Then came in Khawaja..And struggle continued for a while but runs were coming off singles and doubles once in a while..It was really great feel though..I felt like AI kept me on the backfoot to survive through the last session of the day which I did..

View attachment 202638

You can clearly see the struggle both batsman were facing...I am not a guy who likes to stick around but I wanted to dominate AI but nope...I just had to defend..Movement across, extra bounce and brilliant variations from AI regards to the line and length just made it more challenging...Thanks a lot to @WealeyH for coming up with such a thought or test it just made me love the game more...Now coming back to the game Bancroft got out to a beauty which @blockerdave @grkrama always talk about driving the ball not being risky when ball is moving around but not this time...Ball was full tempting to drive and did but the result was as below..

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=wkIKTx8Jsxs

Then came in the hope of the team Smith, he as the real him wasnt just waiting, he got off with some dab and run singles and then came in Ali who wasnt left to smile anymore in this match and was played all around the ground..Beautiful boundaries scored and Smith reached his 50 in his trademark style...

View attachment 202641

View attachment 202642

View attachment 202643

But on the other side Khawaja stayed , nothing to say apart from that...The angle the right hand bowlers get across to left handed makes it even more challenging which is clearly visible in Khawaja's case..Though both Smith and Khawaja managing crucial 50 partnership...And Khawaja survives..The struggle was real but the game was just too good to be left but after a 5 hour session closed the game...:D

View attachment 202644

This journey will continue...And eager to see whats in bag for AI to challenge me in the coming sessions...Thanks for looking..:)

This looks amazing. Can you post your modifier settings? I can't help myself from scoring 10-12 per over during a test and I'd be very interested in trying your sliders.

The YouTube links seems to have some problem.
Yeah sorry sorted now..[DOUBLEPOST=1514982253][/DOUBLEPOST]
This looks amazing. Can you post your modifier settings? I can't help myself from scoring 10-12 per over during a test and I'd be very interested in trying your sliders.
No modifiers whatsoever...Legend , hard bowling, hardest on batting...

My epic journey falls well short. 6 dismissals involving an edge, one involving Root's face. First 20-30 overs there were a few edges going into gaps too. The full innings is there if anyone wants a look. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/214960997 If you want to skip through the fall of wickets at 27, 90, 111, 126, 135, 189, 189, 221, 230, 262.

To my mind there definitely needs to be a reduction in the confidence that is carried over. Honestly, unless a batsman scores a 100 in the first innings they should be almost back to square one.

And to this logo 'bug', has it ever been 100% confirmed by Big Ant that it is an issue or are people trying to find reasons to excuse flaws in the game? Cause I've never noticed a difference other than from different skill levelled players.

View attachment 202637

View attachment 202638

View attachment 202641

View attachment 202642

View attachment 202643

View attachment 202644

The edges look very realstic. Did you also get realstic outside edges while batting?
I m really tempted to try this out on my console but i dont want to delete all the logos now as its pain to download all the logos again :(
Hope bigant will be able to fix this in next patch incase if they fixed this issue earlier in dbc17

The edges look very realstic. Did you also get realstic outside edges while batting?
I m really tempted to try this out on my console but i dont want to delete all the logos now as its pain to download all the logos again :(
Hope bigant will be able to fix this in next patch incase if they fixed this issue earlier in dbc17
Yeah after doing the logos transfer thing , everything was happening..Warner got out of an edge to second slip...Genuine edge...

The above Ashes game is actually one which I stopped playing because game got repetitive and nothing felt like you earned it but now its a different story altogether...

It's almost like everyones version is different. Like I mentioned before the AI bowl so many wides to me from short balls yet some others don't seem to have this issue.

It's not the logos, something is odd though!
Yeah it might not be the logos but not sure what it is but @Bigby Wolf also did something which made his gameplay similar to what I am experiencing that too with the logos..So maybe there's something common denominator in this...If we can come to that then it would be great to patch out the issue which might well be really small issue causing everything...

My game is different on each console. That's all I can say. I don't no why but it 100% is.

Smith is 185* that never happened on other console. Iv had lovely genuine LBW. Nicks everything.

The telling thing for me is the 3.5 run rate and much reduced aerial slogs

My game is different on each console. That's all I can say. I don't no why but it 100% is.

Smith is 185* that never happened on other console. Iv had lovely genuine LBW. Nicks everything.

The telling thing for me is the 3.5 run rate and much reduced aerial slogs

From the amount of people reporting different issues I wouldn't be surprised if there is some inconsistency.

When the most recent patch first appeared I downloaded it and every short ball was called a wide. I turned it off and restarted the PS4 and I've never had an issue since then........

..... any explanations are more than welcome

Users who are viewing this thread