Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Anyone fancy deleting Ashes and playing without any patches?

You can disable updates in settings

Does that mean you end up at the beta build you guys were testing?

Does that mean you end up at the beta build you guys were testing?

Actually, I'm not sure what build it would be. As I think you need the patch that came out on release, which then downloads the others? I'm not sure.

However what I just played I wouldn't want patching.

I'm lost, which really shouldn't be happening! Shouldn't be this much of a mystery

Just to say beta build wasn't too far off what we had on release. 1.04 and 1.05 caused havoc

I'm having a bowl and it's frustrating. I've just downloaded loads of new teams, I think everything is okay, but I keep questionning stuff having read this thread! Like why did that aerial shot get played and why is the inside edge pull shot back with a vengeance!

@WealeyH Gonna give green pitch a test now just for you...Will get back with results..

It's not that though, it's just the way the AI bats. Iv had so many random lifted slog shots and the weird prod for six on other console.

It's not what they get runs wise, it's the whole feel of the game

i had a really strange one 2 or 3 days ago. overall the AI put up a good score at a decent rate, but all the dismissals were rubbish (caught off the pad or slogging) and the profile of the innings was lots of maidens or overs going for 1 or 2, and then loads of overs getting slogged to go for 8-15 runs, to give an overall run rate around the 3.7 mark and score of 150/3... just bizarre.

yesterday's bit that i streamed was certainly better.

Played around 10 overs but no fear of swinging deliveries for the AI..They were driving them off any length to deep point fielder...1-2 missed but that could happen in any pitch..

Played around 10 overs but no fear of swinging deliveries for the AI..They were driving them off any length to deep point fielder...1-2 missed but that could happen in any pitch..
what was the pitch you played earlier where you got many edges?

These are not really anything new to me, I've been experiencing these all the time when batting.

The biggest inconsistency, that often seems to be ignored, is all the variables that go into the match/game. Instead I think people look to the simple solution that will solve everything and mean we all get the same game. The biggest variable being everyone has different abilities and play styles.

Having batted and thought about what I do, why I get so many edges when others get none, I noticed I often play square looking for gaps. I also am fairly loose with my pushing of the defensive trigger. Maybe I'll play the shot before I've fully pushed down for defence. These factors could contribute to it.

Add to this multiple difficulty settings, optional use of markers, people using sliders (a lot of whom probably have no idea the effect changing them will have on their game), pitch, weather, mentalities, quality of deliveries the player bowls etc etc.

i generally don't pay too much attention to others having drastically different experiences to me for all those reasons you mention. i think it's a strength of the game in fact that we have these differences.

but i can see more clearly the difference in my experience, and i can see that my experience deteriorated drastically after the post-release patches.

I'm surprised the logo issue hasn't been discussed sooner. I did raise it a few weeks ago and it was prevalent in dbc17.

I'm just disappointed that stats still don't work. I've played one career game. Two innings and the stats are wrong. Don't seem to count my second (not out) inning as already mentioned. As a number 5/6 Batam, that's going to be a lot of innings not counted. There are also problems with bowling stats.

I'm gonna do a clean install when I'm home, no patch and see if stats work. If not, for me that is an abomination. The other is the fact people are reporting wickets not being registered. Everything else can kind of be pushed aside as a quirk. The dodgy fielding, the super human fielding, the lack of bounce and carry... I can see past all that. I just hope to God they fix the stats this time around, or it turns out to be logo related.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Please post the stats issue in the "Bug Reporting thread" (link below)...
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...hread-ps4-xbox-one.109571/page-5#post-3232463

Folks keep on claiming stats are "fixed" when clearly they aren't. Maybe folks' expectations have fallen so low they don't care about incorrect stats but for some of us properly and correctly recorded stats is fundamental to the career mode. I mean what else is there in a career mode as a batsman when the stats (say no. of 100s & 50s) are recorded incorrectly or as a bowler when the best bowling figures shown is wrong? So do post it in the bugs thread.

And I'm tagging @MattW as well to let him know that stats in career mode are still not correct and have not been correct since DBC 14. Surely it's not asking much to have a career mode in a cricket game with correct stats. I mean it has to be the bare minimum for career mode. I've been trying to play a career mode post DBC 14 but can't due to incorrect stats. They were never fixed in DBC 17 and here we are with the same problem in the next iteration of the game as well.

Ok just quickly went back to the other console...

England v South Africa

Grassy Pristine

South Africa 41/2 after 15

Was rubbish. Two horrific shots to get out caught. For my money grassy does nothing but bring about crap shots in order to simulate a harder batting wicket. They AI wasn't accumulating. Trying to cut a lot, then a random 4. 0 edges!!

Tried again on Hard Pristine like my Australia match..

South Africa 65/1

Lovely inside nick on the drive to get Elgar out. That was the only nick. Run rate was better as you may expect. Couple play and miss.

I genuinely don't know....

I "feel" the other console plays far better. But I can't work it out...?!

I'm going to finish the innings on the dry pitch to see how it goes.

Grassy was horrid though.

My guess is as good as anyone's!!

i generally don't pay too much attention to others having drastically different experiences to me for all those reasons you mention. i think it's a strength of the game in fact that we have these differences.

but i can see more clearly the difference in my experience, and i can see that my experience deteriorated drastically after the post-release patches.
Oh yeah. I think those of you whole played the beta are in a better position to explain the differences having played pre and post release. Genuinely I put more faith in your, and the other testers, opinions on how the game has changed.

@WealeyH

Veteran - India are 194/6 with me bowling on a grassy pitch. All edges to slip except for a typical Boult inswinging LBW.

Grassy and what out of interest? How many overs?

213/7 now. Hard, light cracks, no wear.

Bat pad off the spinner and another edge to slip.

70/70 pace bowling speeds

55 bounce

40 friction and shot power

Users who are viewing this thread