Ashes Cricket General Discussion

213/7 now. Hard, light cracks, no wear.

Bat pad off the spinner and another edge to slip.

70/70 pace bowling speeds

55 bounce

40 friction and shot power

On the "bad" console I'm getting a lot of the offside prod over slips to third man area. Never had that in the other innings.

You playing as normal with all your logos etc?

On the "bad" console I'm getting a lot of the offside prod over slips to third man area. Never had that in the other innings.

You playing as normal with all your logos etc?

Yeah, just downloaded all major teams. 225/8 off 65 overs. I get the odd prod over slips but about every 20 overs.

@WealeyH I do not know, this is a shot in the dark. What about battling styles? Maybe certain styles have different shot choices. I know people mention back drives under powered yet with battling style 5 I cream back foot drives all the time. Both square and through extra

@WealeyH Beautiful... I had a very similar dismissal when batting Cook nick off with that exact shot animation to 3rd slip off the quick's.

@WealeyH I do not know, this is a shot in the dark. What about battling styles? Maybe certain styles have different shot choices. I know people mention back drives under powered yet with battling style 5 I cream back foot drives all the time. Both square and through extra

Could be a shout! Very very good shout actually!!! Is 5 the Smith style?

Could be a shout! Very very good shout actually!!! Is 5 the Smith style?

5 for Lockie Ferguson on debut. Stumps pinging around, fast nicks, India 232 all out (69 overs)

Just going through the academy for the 1st time... i'm shocked at how 'bad' the england and aussie teams are skilled and mentalities are set soooo wrong... cook aggressive batting? Like seriously? Have they seen him bat ever?

Edit: I've not downloaded any teams yet. ^

Last edited:
This is probably the most sensible suggestion yet and very obvious.

Maybe and just maybe that stupid front foot prod is someone's animation and should be perhaps like a check drive or something.[DOUBLEPOST=1515004317][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe and just maybe that stupid front foot prod is someone's animation and should be perhaps like a check drive or something.
And that's why it only happens occasionally for some and more often for others

Maybe and just maybe that stupid front foot prod is someone's animation and should be perhaps like a check drive or something.[DOUBLEPOST=1515004317][/DOUBLEPOST]
I managed to play it today. I'd only ever seen it done by the computer teams. Can't remember with who, someone in the England side.

Haha why didn't I think of this, I have had it before, but some seem to play it lofted over slips and all sorted with regularity!

Also batting 5 is definitely better off the back foot!!

Haha why didn't I think of this, I have had it before, but some seem to play it lofted over slips and all sorted with regularity!

Also batting 5 is definitely better off the back foot!!
I love facing spin with 5 and 2, both have Smith's move across the stumps so it's lovely for just turning the ball away.

Users who are viewing this thread