Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Yeah I think that version is missing a lot of stuff, ideally want 1.03 but can't do that!

I'd be willing to sacrifice the lot of stuff for the authentic cricket experience you guys were foaming about during beta. I've had plays and misses, inside edges, no aerial slogs in the first ten, but a lot to test. It certainly feels a lot less like DBC17 than the later AC builds do.

I don't know if anyone is even interested but for what it's worth ...

I'd be willing to sacrifice the lot of stuff for the authentic cricket experience you guys were foaming about during beta. I've had plays and misses, inside edges, no aerial slogs in the first ten, but a lot to test. It certainly feels a lot less like DBC17 than the later AC builds do.

May give it a whirl.

Just to be clear on the beta build.
It wasn't like some ridiculous build that was miles away from where we are.

Simply put:

Aerial slogs were on existent
The AI accumulated, 1's, 2's etc
Variety of nicks and Dismissals.

It just felt more authentic.

These builds have spells of that, then someone will launch one up in the air and walk off.

It's minor things but they make a big difference

Keep updating! I'm curious

I just got a new PS4 pro today. Had one bowling innings of a T20 match with all the patches, but nothing downloaded or any settings altered.No prod/dig aggressive shots, (prod shots for singles and over the slips did occur),had the cut shot go to mid off. Ariel shot dismissals. Catch to slips, bowled, run out cos of AI not dragging the bat and 50 from Moin Ali, and team all-out within 20 overs. All on legend difficulty and hard bowling.
Once match is complete will upload the video.
Will try without any patch tomorrow.

Oh yeah, watch out for no AI singles to deep fielders in the old build! One of the best improvements!

Ya, probably the only good thing which has come out of the patches. Anything else noticed ?

This is very cool to see.. Maybe have a thread for it [HASHTAG]#StokesBuild[/HASHTAG]

This is very cool to see.. Maybe have a thread for it [HASHTAG]#StokesBuild[/HASHTAG]

I might stream it later, but obviously because I can't access the academy I'm going to build a whole India team up from scratch, with accurate attributes but less accurate cosmetics.

NZ 123/8 on a green top at the moment. Williamson 44. Mentalities really obvious, De Grandhomme and Southee, brutes going aerial. Watling (conservative) 0 (14). Edges all over the place, many more plays and misses. Will play on dryer pitches and maybe an ODI.

Having deleted all game data, I then turned automatic patch download off and started the painstaking process of making my own NZ and India teams. I wanted to go back to out of the box gaming.

I now see however that I have fixed cameras available, as per the patch. My game version (PS4) is 1.0.1.0407. What on earth is going on here? Is it impossible to go to vanilla out of the box? Big Ant did a great job of patching out all edges in DBC14 and now it appears we are stuck with the latest? Which version am I playing? 1.03?

You will get the latest version of the the game. You can't download the original version of the game as the version of the game on digital store (PSN or Xblox Live) will only have the latest version with patches. The only way you could have played the original version was if you had downloaded the original version (1.03) and then turned off 'automatic updates'. Now you can't do so and there's no way to get the original game.

In fact the only way you can still play the original version would be if you had the game disc but in that case you will be stuck with version 1.0.0 or OOB version without the Day One patch (1.03). So either way you can't go back to version 1.03.

I might stream it later, but obviously because I can't access the academy I'm going to build a whole India team up from scratch, with accurate attributes but less accurate cosmetics.

NZ 123/8 on a green top at the moment. Williamson 44. Mentalities really obvious, De Grandhomme and Southee, brutes going aerial. Watling (conservative) 0 (14). Edges all over the place, many more plays and misses. Will play on dryer pitches and maybe an ODI.
Can you please also try batting and share your experience?

Can you please also try batting and share your experience?

I just don't have the time. I don't enjoy batting in the game anyway. Sorry

You will get the latest version of the the game. You can't download the original version of the game as the version of the game on digital store (PSN or Xblox Live) will only have the latest version with patches. The only way you could have played the original version was if you had downloaded the original version (1.03) and then turned off 'automatic updates'. Now you can't do so and there's no way to get the original game.

In fact the only way you can still play the original version would be if you had the game disc but in that case you will be stuck with version 1.0.0 or OOB version without the Day One patch (1.03). So either way you can't go back to version 1.03.

Yes that is true, I have the game disk and I am on the OOB version. 1.0.0.

If it's before seam position came in i belwive we had much better playing builds and I believe 1.03 was better than 1.00

But we can't go back to 1.03 can we?

Unfortunately there is a game breaking bug in 1.00, no wonder we were told to download patches. User created lineups don't stick, and no matter who you select to appear in the team doesn't actually materialise in game. Frustrating to put it mildly. The cricket looked comfortably better than anything I've seen in the latest build.

Has anyone played on the latest patch, get best, but not downloading any logos?

The fact that there was a good build is a very positive sign going forward. (Assuming Big Ant live up to their promise for extensive patches into the future). It shows that the game already has the potential to be great, which was never really the case in DBC17, in which they seemed to be hampered by some hard coding issue. Just need to be patient I guess.

The fact that there was a good build is a very positive sign going forward. (Assuming Big Ant live up to their promise for extensive patches into the future). It shows that the game already has the potential to be great, which was never really the case in DBC17, in which they seemed to be hampered by some hard coding issue. Just need to be patient I guess.

IMO you are being way too optimistic. Big Ant reminds me of Warne's assessment of Monty Panesar (He has played one test 30 times). To me that's the perfect way to sum up Big Ant's cricketing franchise (DBC & Ashes), i.e. it looks like they have developed the same game three times rather than carrying over from the previous iterations.

TBH at this point I would be over the moon if Big Ant can fix stats and add in half decent default fields coz that will allow me to play career mode and occasional casual matches. Based on what I've seen so far across three iterations of this franchise I'm highly sceptical that Big Ant will nail cricket. I would love to be proven wrong but I won't hold my breath for that to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread