Ashes Cricket General Discussion

I predict there will be another update within the next 18 months; it'll be called Cricket World Cup 2019. But, I'd suggest not buying the game on release as it is unlikely to be playable until 6-12 months after release.
So they should release it now and by that time the game will be bug free!

This is another thing I don't get. When did all this after release support become an actual, expected thing? Am I missing something?

I get that shooters like Destiny have a planned timeline for DLC content. I also know that Day 1 patches are pretty prevalent in the industry, but where is the line that has been crossed here? What's the category for good, and for bad, when talking about patches, their frequency and their size?

Pretty sure when I bought my copy of Ashes, the listing didn't say "1 game plus x amount of patches to be released on a monthly basis". I'm also pretty sure no plan for patches was documented before the game was released.

So why are people so annoyed that they haven't received something they were never promised? Is it just expectation? Or previous support for other games? As a consumer, you get what you pay for. If you don't like that product, it's your right to say you're not buying anything else from said developer/manufacturer/artist etc. You just change your purchasing habits.

If Big Ant have annoyed so many people, surely it just makes sense to avoid their products in future. In this day and age, you'd probably use social media to warn others off their products to, being vocal about your views. But I don't really understand coming onto a forum like this and pretty much demanding the game be patched.

Unless it's to patch out ridiculous 4th inning run chases. Man, that bugged the crap out of me :D

When I paid a lot of money for a game that was totally lacking in attributes, mentalities, realistic 4th innings chases and pitch variation (despite all those things being advertised).

I have every patience with the beta team and BA, but I expect them to sort things out if they profess to having them in the game in the first place.

Will we get anymore videos of the improvements and feedback
@Dutch @WealeyH
Can beta testers share the patch notes in a first post on beta testers thread. So everyone can see what are all being tested and tweaked. Are you allowed to do it ? May be @BigAntStudios can take my post as a request from the non beta testers and comsider you guys.

The problem is. WHEN this patch is FINALLY released, I won't be able to play it for probably a week. Will take me that long to recover from fainting in shock.

The problem is. WHEN this patch is FINALLY released, I won't be able to play it for probably a week. Will take me that long to recover from fainting in shock.
Probably gonna take a week just to get the patch downloaded as well. Considering the amount of time and work being done.

Sure to have some heart attacks and tears from the customers when they the patch release news on screen.
Patch release note must start with a disclaimer saying “Not for the faint hearted”

I haven't played this game for at least month now so I will need to get use to it again after the patch came out but I doubt I will play it for long as some great games are coming for the PS4 like Yakuza, God of War etc soon.
Hopefully they start working on a new cricket game soon as cricket world cup is next year and I will always buy it just to support them.

Users who are viewing this thread