Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Ok so...

I’ll try explain this as best as possible.

Before hand everyone hated the last ball smash.

Then it was the feeling the AI were scripted to reach a run rate of about 3.5.

Now as I’m sure you will agree with what you see the AI’s run rate fluctuates, as you see more in the rest of the session.

The last ball smash etc was due to the AI getting bogged down and needing some kind of release.

The defending was slightly decreased to increase 1’s and 2’s.

You can still get the AI to defend.

Those mentalities were mostly precise with Taylor being balanced.

Also my bowling input wasn’t always spot on.

In a bit shell, to get an organic feel or non scripted batting with no obvious pattern to boundaries the AI defending was ever so slightly decreased was the change that was needed.

Which in my opinion is a worthwhile sacrifice. You can still however get them to leave and block..

Hope this makes some sense!

Basically you keep going perfect perfect with bowling and the AI have no scripted target, they simply won’t go anywhere!!

Dose the AI take match situation as well. As in if AI needs like 100 win in the last session with say 7 wickets remaining, will AI take risks?

Dose the AI take match situation as well. As in if AI needs like 100 win in the last session with say 7 wickets remaining, will AI take risks?
To add to this, and be more clearer there can be 2 scenarios.

1. 100 in a session with 7 wickets on Day 5 pitch which is still good for batting (less deviation and spin)
2. 100 in a session with 7 wickets on Day 5 pitch which is good for bowling (more uneven bounce and spin)
@WealeyH and @Dutch What is your thought on this ?

To add to this, and be more clearer there can be 2 scenarios.

1. 100 in a session with 7 wickets on Day 5 pitch which is still good for batting (less deviation and spin)
2. 100 in a session with 7 wickets on Day 5 pitch which is good for bowling (more uneven bounce and spin)
@WealeyH and @Dutch What is your thought on this ?
This is way too much for a video game to handle with present technology but for the sake of the argument, i would prefer AI to go for it with whatever the pitch conditions UNLESS AI is already 3 down for 20 chasing 120 to win. So say AI is 100 for 3 and its a bad wicket, lets go for it. If they lose 2 wickets within 30 balls or final hour and have last 4 wickets standing , they you block everything. Like i said wayyy to much for a video game. Cricket is a completed game!

@WealeyH

Thought I noticed a suspicious cut at 5:12 and the score goes up by 6. Guess I just have my tinfoil hat on too tight. :rolleyes

Great ball to get rid of Kane though.

Beautiful nick behind and edged to keeper by Henry nicholls. Wow superb edge .Thank you WealeyH for your hard work .

There are 2 things i really hope they correct in the next patch:
1. Constant lagging and frame rate drops on ps4 its really annoying
2. When bowling with a pace bowler on classic controls and u have to press the right stick down the game doesnt respond to that and it leads to a dead ball...its happening a bit too often now...really frustrating
I hope they fix these 2 things soon!!!

Rippers from Moeen on day one. ICC rates this pitch POOR! :p

What I’m very pleased with this is.. it’s a crumbly Worn pitch. I was hoping they would struggle.

Just need to make sure they do well on a good pitch now!

FYI for people and I may try do a video.

2 AI chases

England 175/7 off 20 Chasing 201
Australia 203/4 off 20 Chasing 233

Two very different chases:

Australia were 68/1 off first Powerplay

England were 53/5 in overcast conditions.

Australia could of got there but tbh I never wanted them to really. We need to be able to beat them.

England were never in it due to a couple cracking deliveries early on!

That Williamson dismissal though..Wow!!!:eek:

I would have done Imran Tahir celebration inside my home..:p

Users who are viewing this thread