Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Small question. It seems your using pre set fields. If you edit the fields will the AI play any differently?

One main issue with the patches being this late is that people who want a good game at the start of release with say 2-3 patches wouldnt experience the game to the best it could..And with all these changes brought in with the patches after all these months wouldnt be experienced by those people as many would have sold the game as they feel not getting best for their price which to me is loss of customers..Personally have seen many console players sell their games faster than expected..

And they end up re-sold to other potential buyers of new copies of the title.

Looks good WealeyH. Thanks for the update.
Am I correct in saying that the colour of the ground and overall presentation of the ground and pitch has changed? Seems much improved, but you may know better?

The AI played some awesome strokes despite not many runs being scored. If you get a chance, would you upload a vid of batting?
I don't really care about bowling, batting is what I'm interested in looking at.

Many thanks once again.

Looks good WealeyH. Thanks for the update.
Am I correct in saying that the colour of the ground and overall presentation of the ground and pitch has changed? Seems much improved, but you may know better?

The AI played some awesome strokes despite not many runs being scored. If you get a chance, would you upload a vid of batting?
I don't really care about bowling, batting is what I'm interested in looking at.

Many thanks once again.

Pitch Visuals have been tweaked.

That’s a crumbly uneven pitch.. and New Zealand finding it tricky!

The grass now has a no pattern mow option! Couple of belting dismissals coming up

The game is looking much better all around from an AI play point of view. Good clip Wealey. Great to see pitches that have have some degree of distinction now. Nice about the outfield having a no pattern option too.

Have you hit a boundary straight down the ground? Do the visuals still cut-off down there or is the camera view for that fixed?

The game is looking much better all around from an AI play point of view. Good clip Wealey. Great to see pitches that have have some degree of distinction now. Nice about the outfield having a no pattern option too.

Have you hit a boundary straight down the ground? Do the visuals still cut-off down there or is the camera view for that fixed?

I think on certain grounds still not fixed.. AI play is a big one of mine and something Iv not stopped banging on about. I’ll post the whole session throughout tomorrow.

Got a gorgeous Bowled!

I think on certain grounds still not fixed.. AI play is a big one of mine and something Iv not stopped banging on about. I’ll post the whole session throughout tomorrow.

Got a gorgeous Bowled!

Sounds like somewhat of an improvement on the cameras - great, hope they can work on that a little more at some point. Nice, about the bowled. So would you say that the various forms of dismissal are as realistic to achieve as you'd like to see? Maybe let us know which you think are working perfectly, very good, just okay, not fixed enough etc?

Caught (fielding at all now? Or just automated catch-it-all still for now), Caught Behind, Run-out, Bowled, Caught & Bowled, LBW's, Bowled-Played On (Off legs or bat etc)? Would be great to get a handle on how they're all functioning overall.

Sounds like somewhat of an improvement on the cameras - great, hope they can work on that a little more at some point. Nice, about the bowled. So would you say that the various forms of dismissal are as realistic to achieve as you'd like to see? Maybe let us know which you think are working perfectly, very good, just okay, not fixed enough etc?

Caught (fielding at all now? Or just automated catch-it-all still for now), Caught Behind, Run-out, Bowled, Caught & Bowled, LBW's, Bowled-Played On (Off legs or bat etc)? Would be great to get a handle on how they're all functioning overall.

I’m just going to let you watch the clips and if it’s too long for some people I’ll put all the wickets in a little package.

But I’d put my neck on the line and say all wickets the viable/possible and working well!

Thanks a lot @WealeyH for recording the clips for us.

I have just the one qualm regarding what I saw. That is, the AI doesn't seem to defend enough deliveries,even early on in the innings. The run rate is realistic, but the AI seem to be playing too many shots. Straight to the fielder yes, but still too many.

Is it because of the mentality of the batsmen? Even then,a player like Warner shouldn't really be playing this many shots.

Users who are viewing this thread