Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Thanks a lot @WealeyH for recording the clips for us.

I have just the one qualm regarding what I saw. That is, the AI doesn't seem to defend enough deliveries,even early on in the innings. The run rate is realistic, but the AI seem to be playing too many shots. Straight to the fielder yes, but still too many.

Is it because of the mentality of the batsmen? Even then,a player like Warner shouldn't really be playing this many shots.
Good spot. Would be interesting to see what different mentality batsman are doing in each format.

Thanks @WealeyH for the Easter gift. Love you mate (never thought I would say that:p).

Seems like there is some work done on the Commentary as well (unless I'm imagining).
Speed gun's fixed yay. Noticed max set at 90.

I guess the lesser defending could probably have something to do with the request to reduce lofted shots, since now they need to look for as much as runs (required) possible down the ground. Or maybe mentalities involved as well. I could be worng but Im sure you guys are on top of it already.

Btw never knew you use standard controls for bowling.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have just the one qualm regarding what I saw. That is, the AI doesn't seem to defend enough deliveries,even early on in the innings. The run rate is realistic, but the AI seem to be playing too many shots. Straight to the fielder yes, but still too many.

Is it because of the mentality of the batsmen? Even then,a player like Warner shouldn't really be playing this many shots.
TBH I felt there wasnt much in the pitch to worry about..Otherwise edges would have been more than it was..Also you can see fuller deliveries left..To me I really felt like the AI had intent to score than stay defending which is great if pitches have such a difference..More swing then let them defend and leave more..One thing which I felt could be better was running between wickets..In real life a ball just slightly away from the fielder AI should take a run..So that would bring more attention to be right or go for runs..Even in tests its not a poor run rate if the pitch isnt as tricky...So thats good..

TBH I felt there wasnt much in the pitch to worry about..Otherwise edges would have been more than it was..Also you can see fuller deliveries left..To me I really felt like the AI had intent to score than stay defending which is great if pitches have such a difference..More swing then let them defend and leave more..One thing which I felt could be better was running between wickets..In real life a ball just slightly away from the fielder AI should take a run..So that would bring more attention to be right or go for runs..Even in tests its not a poor run rate if the pitch isnt as tricky...So thats good..
I guess running between wickets is a tricky one. Runouts vs quick singles. Having said that, we have come a long way since day 1 patch.

Dude, we have to find you another hobby
Can't really call it a hobby if it's a full time thing you see :p. There's a lot of hard work which happens in the background to bring you all this ( Meanwhile refreshes the page once again).

Ok so...

I’ll try explain this as best as possible.

Before hand everyone hated the last ball smash.

Then it was the feeling the AI were scripted to reach a run rate of about 3.5.

Now as I’m sure you will agree with what you see the AI’s run rate fluctuates, as you see more in the rest of the session.

The last ball smash etc was due to the AI getting bogged down and needing some kind of release.

The defending was slightly decreased to increase 1’s and 2’s.

You can still get the AI to defend.

Those mentalities were mostly precise with Taylor being balanced.

Also my bowling input wasn’t always spot on.

In a bit shell, to get an organic feel or non scripted batting with no obvious pattern to boundaries the AI defending was ever so slightly decreased was the change that was needed.

Which in my opinion is a worthwhile sacrifice. You can still however get them to leave and block..

Hope this makes some sense!

Basically you keep going perfect perfect with bowling and the AI have no scripted target, they simply won’t go anywhere!!

Users who are viewing this thread