Ashes Cricket General Discussion

regarding online v offline, lord knows i'm not a fan of online.

i think in dbc14 there were a lot of general gameplay issues that affected online that didn't affect offline, but that hasn't been the case for dbc17 or ashes.

apart from issues on save and resume, i think all the issues (slow turning on cancel run, aggressive cut shot going between cover/mid-off etc.) affect offline aswell.

good gameplay - i.e. variable pitches and deterioration, realistic seam and spin, proper shot directions are vitally important regardless of mode. as is the AI due to online co-op vs AI.

the 1v1 bros really do make the online lot seem like a load of tossers, but it really isn't or shouldn't be a case of either/or.

also, we are luxuriating in the most generous support of any BA game ever, so surely this won't be the final patch

My friend, he asked a question. Is it a stupid question? Its probobly is but was he quationing about a actual thing in the game? I think so. And for that he got scolded by some one whos very good at scolding anyone. Do i worry about online gaming? Hell NO. But he can ask a question.

If it was me i would have just said, no we are fixing the offline game play and at this point of time i dont think online game play will be looked at. Why would you take time to write so much bashing the guy. And if he come back saying something horrible and personal well thats a different story. Ill be the first one to tell him off in a nice way.

You guys love to make me the bad guy, yet i dont know what i did to deserve that.

Just for the record i think i got banned ones defending beta people and BA before the game came out. What els can i say

He admitted to intentionally baiting other members and you’re still trying to defend him. It’s unreal

regarding online v offline, lord knows i'm not a fan of online.

i think in dbc14 there were a lot of general gameplay issues that affected online that didn't affect offline, but that hasn't been the case for dbc17 or ashes.

apart from issues on save and resume, i think all the issues (slow turning on cancel run, aggressive cut shot going between cover/mid-off etc.) affect offline aswell.

good gameplay - i.e. variable pitches and deterioration, realistic seam and spin, proper shot directions are vitally important regardless of mode. as is the AI due to online co-op vs AI.

the 1v1 bros really do make the online lot seem like a load of tossers, but it really isn't or shouldn't be a case of either/or.

also, we are luxuriating in the most generous support of any BA game ever, so surely this won't be the final patch

Yep. They are obviously going for the bi-annual 'deluxe' patch model, rather than the rapid-fire patch bombardment they gave AO Tennis. We can obviously look forward to at least a couple of years of these patches with the lavish amount of support that has been promised.

The part that disappoints me is... online was focused equally as much as offline before (DBC14)

The last patch fixed almost EACH and EVERY issue, and game become a fully enjoyment to play. Why can’t we have that here? At least small patches here n there for small obvious issues? Online mode doesn’t have a proper run cancelling... batsman gets stuck in the crease, and boom. (After taking a run and cancelling the 2nd run)

Running is the most normal part of cricket. When can we see improvements?

He admitted to intentionally baiting other members and you’re still trying to defend him. It’s unreal
Oh dear load, will you for the love of god please read what i said. You may not like it but people should get a chance to ask a question. Did he asked it in a proper way? No was he rude ? Maybe. Was your awnser any better. This forum can do lot less of this bullying and rude BS. And i do believe the staff or people with influence and power should do more to create the trend. AGAIN AM NOT THE BIG BAD WOLF AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT AND APPRECIATION FOR BETA GUYS

Oh dear load, will you for the love of god please read what i said. You may not like it but people should get a chance to ask a question. Did he asked it in a proper way? No was he rude ? Maybe. Was your awnser any better. This forum can do lot less of this bullying and rude BS. And i do believe the staff or people with influence and power should do more to create the trend. AGAIN AM NOT THE BIG BAD WOLF AND I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT AND APPRECIATION FOR BETA GUYS

So if he didn’t ask it in a proper manner and he was rude, why are you expecting the responses to be any better.

Even more so after several of these posts..

And as far as creating the trend..

His post was rude and not written in a nice/friendly manner.

Yet you liked it? Can only create a trend if others support it.

Bro. I have tried being polite when talking to these guys, but honestly speaking; whenever I have been polite, Snowy or Dutch have always given rude answers and been absolutely rubbish with the attitude answering back to questions asked in good manner. So this is how to speak to them... pretty much. But whatever I said was not incorrect so I don’t understand what the issue is :).

The part that disappoints me is... online was focused equally as much as offline before (DBC14)

The last patch fixed almost EACH and EVERY issue, and game become a fully enjoyment to play. Why can’t we have that here? At least small patches here n there for small obvious issues? Online mode doesn’t have a proper run cancelling... batsman gets stuck in the crease, and boom. (After taking a run and cancelling the 2nd run)

Running is the most normal part of cricket. When can we see improvements?

Again though, you don’t have a clue what’s been tweaked and what hasn’t.

Again though, you don’t have a clue what’s been tweaked and what hasn’t.
I haven’t right. But I feel online is not being looked at all. DBC17 was left behind with these same bugs/issues. Don’t want it to happen here as a cricket lover...

Mate , please dont make yourself look foolish.

There is a Huge following playing the Game Online, in various Leagues across the Globe.

The couple of knobs that you run into by chance in a short 5 -5 is not the type you want to play against in any format.

AI will never beat a real player , but for some strange reason alot of people value the AI highly, and I leave them alone to enjoy it the way they want.

But please stop the practice of trying to ridicule the Online Player Base.

We wont get anywhere with this.

You should stop making yourself look foolish not everyone plays online... Last time I checked online via online search 3 games was there all Indian's. If you read the posts here instead of running your mouth you see a lot of us play offline.

The original post was him moaning that offline is nothing look at the posts here most play offline. The AI beats me all the time. Maybe you should look at the sliders and play Sim like instead of abusing thing which is all online play is.

Last edited:
All i am saying is lets cute this rude BS. And maybe for a change lets have adult conversations. Lets give it a week. If its not going to work lets go back to good all bully fest. Let me remind everyone that we come from 9 to 10 different countries and cultures. Am sure we can appreciate one another little bit more. Am done with this conversation. Looking forward to a great patch. If it's not to be . Thats alright as well, afterall its just a game (EA sports slogan)

Users who are viewing this thread