Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Just curious what is your guys top trophy earned and how did it happen? Mine is "Marvellous". Won the ashes tests 4-1 with Australia

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was one of my subscribers who asked me to post this video and if you really think his timing is off, why don't you try this shot with the same marker and post a video.
Im not trying to have a go at you mate.
It's just that the feedback marker down the bottom says late timing.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Been playing the game for a while. I find bowling to be excruciatingly difficult. The AI chases down whatever score I make batting first. Is there any trick to make bowling seems less sucky for me.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
What is it?

Sorry I was trying to be funny - the fact that the duck isn't gold ¿¿??[DOUBLEPOST=1511831923][/DOUBLEPOST]
Been playing the game for a while. I find bowling to be excruciatingly difficult. The AI chases down whatever score I make batting first. Is there any trick to make bowling seems less sucky for me.
Are

Are you using standard controls or classic?

There's been some discussion that the AI is overpowered vs standard controls - I can not confirm, just passing on.

If you haven't already, try classic controls and see if they are better behaved

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sorry I was trying to be funny - the fact that the duck isn't gold ¿¿??[DOUBLEPOST=1511831923][/DOUBLEPOST]Are

Are you using standard controls or classic?

There's been some discussion that the AI is overpowered vs standard controls - I can not confirm, just passing on.

If you haven't already, try classic controls and see if they are better behaved

I am using the standard controls (the ones which didn't exist in DBC 17).

sashu_91

County Cricketer
In latest trailer of world cricket battle game this feature is enabled .it will be fun if ton is celebrated in these manner my friend
Yeah I know, If a batsman can wear a cap playing a spinner in scorching heat then it would be great too.What I also think is they have to save these ideas for future games coz it's business at the end of the day! If you know what I mean.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
In latest trailer of world cricket battle game this feature is enabled .it will be fun if ton is celebrated in these manner my friend

Yeah I know, If a batsman can wear a cap playing a spinner in scorching heat then it would be great too.What I also think is they have to save these ideas for future games coz it's business at the end of the day! If you know what I mean.

Yea, these are good suggestions, but rightfully omitted at the moment until the game engine is refined a bit further IMO. BA can then start building in unique player celebrations and stuff akin to FIFA. The only thing is how would you decide who wears a helmet to the spinner and who doesn't? Interestingly a lot of 'keepers have also started wearing helmets to spinners so I'd say keeping the helmet on will be the norm in future anyway.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

In the first match i played i took the 1st wicket for 286 then AI declared after reaching 550/9. Now in the current match i am playing AI is 5 wickets down for less than 100.
The difference in my bowling was lot of my wickets come when i use L1/R1 modifiers. Give that a go and see how it plays.

Last edited:

Simmo

School Cricketer
Hey guys,

Just a really quick question. I normally play as an all-rounder but it seems to elongate the whole experience at time so this time I just made myself a top order batsman.

I wouldn't mind an over here and there and hence have been bumping up my bowling stats.

However do the batsman ever get to bowl? Or will that only happen when I become captain and choose myself?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I am using the standard controls (the ones which didn't exist in DBC 17).

Try to keep bowling fuller length and mix up the swing/cutters and also dont afraid of setting up an inswinging yorker or an odd bouncer , I usually get AI under 100 on pro difficulty more often.

Users who are viewing this thread